• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Gasol please and thank you.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Marc Gasol please and thank you.
      Nice one. Was thinking about him as well.

Comment

• Pretty sure Dan's team strategy is to win each game 2-0. Defence for days!
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Update!
          Team Players
          1. DogeLover1234 PG - Gary Payton
          SG - John Havlicek
          SF - Michael Jordan
          PF - Blake Griffin
          C - Wes Unseld
          2. planetmars PG - Chris Paul
          SG - James Harden
          SF - Lebron James
          PF - Charles Barkley
          C - Ben Wallace
          3. Miekenstein PG - Stephen Curry
          SG - Magic Johnson
          SF - Michael Finley
          PF - Bob McAdoo
          C - Alonzo Mourning
          4. Mack11 PG - Dwane Wade
          SG - Tracy McGrady
          SF - Carmelo Anthony
          PF
          C - Kareem Abdul Jabar
          6th - Adrian Dantley
          5. JimiCliff PG - Dennis Johnson
          SG -
          SF - Grant Hill
          PF - Larry Bird
          C - Anthony Davis
          Bench Rasheed Wallace
          6. Joey PG - Steve Nash
          SG - Ray Allen
          SF - Ron Artest
          PF
          C - Wilt Chamberlain
          6th man - Allen Iverson
          7. Bonus Jonas PG -
          SG - Klay Thompson
          SF - Paul Pierce
          PF - Dirk Nowitzki
          C - Hakeem Olajuwan
          Bench - Yao Ming
          8. Mr.Z PG - Nate "Tiny" Archibald
          SG - Vince Carter
          SF - "Dr. J" Julius Erving
          PF - Chris Webber
          C - Shaq
          9. Snooch PG - Jason Kidd
          SG - Rick Barry
          SF - AK47
          PF - Elvin Hayes
          C - Bill Russell
          10. 007 PG - Isaiah Thomas
          SG - Sidney Moncrief
          SF - Dominique Wilkins
          PF - Tim Duncan
          C - Dave Cowens
          11. Axel PG - Oscar Robinson (Or SG?)
          SG - George "The Iceman" Gervin
          SF - Peja Stojakovic
          PF - Kevin McHale
          C - Arvydas Sabonis
          12. DanH PG -
          SG - Clyde "The Glyde" Drexler
          SF - Scottie Pippen
          PF - Dennis Rodman
          C - David Robinson
          Bench - Marc Gasol
          13. Apollo PG -
          SG - Kobe Bryant
          SF - Elgin Baylor
          PF - Patrick Ewing
          C - Dikembe Mutumbo
          14. BobLoblaw PG - Walt Frazier
          SG -
          SF - Kevin Durant
          PF - Kevin Garnett
          C - Bill Walton
          15. Mack North PG - Russell Westbrook
          SG -
          SF - Jerry West
          PF - Kevin Love
          C - Moses Malone
          16. e_wheazy PG - John Stockton
          SG - Reggie Miller
          SF -
          PF - Karl Malone
          C - Dwight Howard
          Apollo is up!
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 1, 2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• You mean Apollo?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              You mean Apollo?
              Thanks. Lol I just copy and paste it from before and sometimes forget to edit that last part.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Pretty sure Dan's team strategy is to win each game 2-0. Defence for days!
                I would argue my team is superior drfensively

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• The most tragic knee injury in NBA history happened to a player who physically was comparable to Magic Johnson. He was very athletic. He had amazing court vision. He could handle and pass better than anyone in the league today. He could knock down shots. He could defend.

In his second year in the league he knocked out the Bulls in the playoffs, knocked out Michael Jordan in his prime. He went all the way to the finals that year and it seemed then at the time that this PG had the material to potentially become the greatest PG of all-time. However, tragically the knee injury which led to six knee surgeries totally zapped his explosiveness and led to his career never reaching it's great potential. In his best years though he was as good as all those great ones already selected this week in here. So, with my next pick I select:

Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway

Comment

• Great pick, he would've been my pick in early 6th. Probably top 10 PG, in terms of peak. A bit too hesitant to score, they might've won those finals if he was more assertive, nobody on Houston could guard him. Anyway, a great player overall.
                    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Aug 1, 2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                      Great pick, he would've been my pick in early 6th. Probably top 10 PG, in terms of peak. A bit too hesitant to score, they might've won those finals if he was more assertive, nobody on Houston could guard him. Anyway, a great player overall.
                      He's playing with Kobe, Baylor and Ewing. He and Mutombo are perfect compliments in that starting five. That's a big lineup man. Penny is 6'7" and offers me some added versatility.

Little Penny also comes as part of the package.

Comment

• So maybe this is where I should have taken grant hill :/ lol
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I'm trying to build a very long, well shooting, well passing, two way team here, and I need an elite defender to help cover all these great SGs and SFs.

6'9, athleticism, 3 points, great man defense, even better help defense, ability to handle and score if necessary: Paul George.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            So maybe this is where I should have taken grant hill :/ lol
                            Once you get out of the first couple rounds everything is a toss up and highly debatable. I wouldn't sweat where you took Hill. I think Penny is a steal here considering what he could do in his prime. It was sky high in terms of potential. People forget now but when he came into the league, in those first four seasons, he was viewed like Kobe and LBJ were viewed in their prime early years. Nothing was impossible... Then he blew out his knee...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              The most tragic knee injury in NBA history happened to a player who physically was comparable to Magic Johnson. He was very athletic. He had amazing court vision. He could handle and pass better than anyone in the league today. He could knock down shots. He could defend.

In his second year in the league he knocked out the Bulls in the playoffs, knocked out Michael Jordan in his prime. He went all the way to the finals that year and it seemed then at the time that this PG had the material to potentially become the greatest PG of all-time. However, tragically the knee injury which lead to six knee surgeries totally zapped his explosiveness and led to his career never reaching it's great potential. In his best years though he was as good as all those great ones already selected this week in here. So, with my next pick I select:

Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway
                              I wanted him for my bench (to pair with someone still left on the board). Very good pickup.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                He's playing with Kobe, Baylor and Ewing. He and Mutombo are perfect compliments in that starting five. That's a big lineup man. Penny is 6'7" and offers me some added versatility.

Little Penny also comes as part of the package.
                                I think we are thinking similarly. My lineup so far:

g Walt Frazier, listed 6'4 without shoes, so I guess 6'5-6'6 with shoes, big and athletic enough that he guarded the best PG, SG or SF on the other team
                                g Paul George, 6'9
                                f Durant 6'10+, and freakishly long
                                f Garnett 7' or so
                                c Walton, listed at 6'11 because he thought that 7 footers were freaks, but in reality he's the same size as Kareem, about 7'2

Comment

Working...
                                X