This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Whoops, your team is now unlocked, so you have free reign to do whatever you want with it (change team name), but don't approve any trades until next weekend/Monday.
    Roger.

When trading picks, how should I conceptualize what is shown on the Yahoo page vs the capsheet? For instance, yahoo shows mcHAPPY/matt with 4 15th round picks.

If there is only 1 round of 16 picks in the Rookie Draft, how does this make any sense?

Comment

• Basically you need to forget what Yahoo says outside round one and follow the cap sheet instead.

Comment

• Welcome to the league of all leagues, Scraptor. Hope you come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us have.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Basically you need to forget what Yahoo says outside round one and follow the cap sheet instead.
          So if someone offers me their pick for my pick in a trade, the lottery/standing rules would always determine what the value of the pick is? So it doesn't matter if I send a 3rd pick or a 15th round pick?

Also, regarding the team being locked for a week.... is it okay if I work the waiver wire or is that off-limits too?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            So if someone offers me their pick for my pick in a trade, the lottery/standing rules would always determine what the value of the pick is? So it doesn't matter if I send a 3rd pick or a 15th round pick?

Also, regarding the team being locked for a week.... is it okay if I work the waiver wire or is that off-limits too?
            Only round 1 picks actually exist. All other rounds are used for to balance the trade for Yahoo.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• RR NBA Dynasty League (S4)

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Ultimately Joey's call, but I will say that since you are at the cap, you can only pick up players on 1 year expiring deals and they wouldn't be eligible to resign (ala Donald Sloan on my team). So dropping Kobe or Bellinelli for another 1 year deal is really the only moves that would make much of a difference for the rest of the season.

Any player that you drop with longer than 1 year, the remaining cap years stay on your cap sheet unless they get picked up on by another team on the first waiver period. Tyson Chandler is an example on your current cap sheet. He will count towards your total 40 years next year as a 1 year hit of dead weight.
              Last edited by Axel; Mon Feb 22, 2016, 06:49 PM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I will add that since you have a fair bit of waiver wire money, landing a guy who you could trade to a contender as a rental (since the player would be ineligible for resigning anyway) might get you an asset but since I'm not a contender in that situation, hard to say.

Comment

• The Apollo Creed's Present:

Edit: Gotta fix something, hang on...

Comment

Solid post.

Comment

The anticipation is killing me.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Ultimately Joey's call, but I will say that since you are at the cap, you can only pick up players on 1 year expiring deals and they wouldn't be eligible to resign (ala Donald Sloan on my team). So dropping Kobe or Bellinelli for another 1 year deal is really the only moves that would make much of a difference for the rest of the season.
                        i am trying to drop add players i think might do something to make sure they get to auction, as another rebuilding team that is capped out.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          Solid post.
                          tucas wrote: View Post
                          The anticipation is killing me.
                          You know what? For sake of comic relief I'm not even going to update that post. I've been trying to figure out how to do this in high quality image but its too much of a pain in my ass.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dvmwzh...on_Preview.pdf

Go there, download it in PDF and check it out. This is how the cap sheet looks for the off-season. Anti-climatic, I know.

Comment

You know what? For sake of comic relief I'm not even going to update that post. I've been trying to figure out how to do this in high quality image but its too much of a pain in my ass.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dvmwzh...on_Preview.pdf

Go there, download it and check it out. This is how the cap sheet looks for the off-season. Anti-climatic, I know.
                            Just FYI - The original one you posted worked perfectly for me. Haha I was super impressed. Now, I'm just kinda 'meh'. Haha Kidding, very cool man!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Just FYI - The original one you posted worked perfectly for me. Haha I was super impressed. Now, I'm just kinda 'meh'. Haha Kidding, very cool man!
                              It looked kind of blurry on my nice screen. I was worried people might have trouble with it. Thanks though!

Comment

• So I just updated the formatting(and corrected the year, oops). If you click the link again you'll get a version similar to what Joey saw earlier. It's the definitive version.

FYI, on my tablet I had to hold the link, press 'copy link address' from the pop up, paste the link in the address bar and then go there. For some reason Android doesn't like the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X