This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    This is one of the major reasons we decided to go live, was so we can trade during the draft.

But I don't think it necessarily needs to take a couple days. I think if people are present, then you can work the trades that day. Don't have to do just during your pick. In the nba they get 5 minutes to make their picks and there are tons of trades.
    we also had the write ins right? for the few who can't make a live draft they send a list of their choices from first to last and the commish chooses bpa for them

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      He was 12 actually. Embiid was 5, still waitin on that one.
      yes, i know.

Comment

• I'm very shocked by scraptor's re-sign.. and matt to be honest (really thought he'd come back). I remember Scraptor used to make occasional posts in the page before he even joined showing his interest.

The good thing is we're not in a big rush to fill that spot, so maybe the long standing members will have browsed here by then. Maybe we could add to the dynasty thread title (looking for a replacement).

I know last year we hashed out all the details of the live draft being too short or too long in great detail. I am still in favour of having it over a more spread out time to allow for more trades, but I'm happy with whatever outcome is decided - TBH just happy to have a live draft really whether it takes an hour or a day.
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• The great thing is how Scraptor handled it though. He joined midseason, managed well and decisively made the call to leave. He made the call at the absolutely best time for the league.

Comment

This is one of the major reasons we decided to go live, was so we can trade during the draft.

But I don't think it necessarily needs to take a couple days. I think if people are present, then you can work the trades that day. Don't have to do just during your pick. In the nba they get 5 minutes to make their picks and there are tons of trades.
            Good point. That's what I'll do as soon as I know the order.

Comment

• maybe a 10 minute window?
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Ya I was thinking 10-15 minute window.

Trade discussions can take place all the way up until the specific pick, but once the "Window" is open, only official offers should be sent via PM. Would help speed things up. I would also suggest everyone have Tapatalk on their phone, so they get alerts when PMed.

I envision a lot of the trades being "If so-and-so is still available at __, then I'll give you such-and-such to draft him for me."
                Last edited by Joey; Sat Apr 16, 2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• I predict no trades would actually happen. Lots of talk though.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I predict no trades would actually happen. Lots of talk though.
                    That too. Lol Though the lack of trades during Legacy didn't surprise me, because in a snake draft, you can never really 'win' the trade, you basically just swap high and low picks and it all works out even.

But I still like the live draft idea because it will add a lot of talk around the selections as they take place. Will allow someone to change their mind last minute if someone drops or something. Will be super interesting.

Comment

That too. Lol Though the lack of trades during Legacy didn't surprise me, because in a snake draft, you can never really 'win' the trade, you basically just swap high and low picks and it all works out even.

But I still like the live draft idea because it will add a lot of talk around the selections as they take place. Will allow someone to change their mind last minute if someone drops or something. Will be super interesting.
                      I just see asking prices being ridiculous and not enough time to hammer out those details in the time frame.

Real benefit will be picks changing if a guy drops.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I envision a lot of the trades being "If so-and-so is still available at __, then I'll give you such-and-such to draft him for me."
                        That's how I plan to negotiate. It can be done ahead of time that way.

Comment

• Congrats to mcHAPPY for winning season 4!

As I've told Joey, I'm retiring from fantasy basketball. Thanks for including me, I don't think I screwed up Snooch's squad very much (maybe even helped a little). I wanted to go out with 5 consecutive first place finishes in fantasy basketball, but I only got 4 and placed second in RR Re-draft. Stupid Anthony Davis. But retiring with a 96% rating on yahoo ain't bad I guess

Good luck to all of y'all and I'll see you around on the forums.

Comment

• Congrats Matt! Well played.
                            Does the posted final standings take into account where we finished after the playoffs? I lost my first round matchup and won the next two.
                            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                            ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                              Congrats Matt! Well played.
                              Does the posted final standings take into account where we finished after the playoffs? I lost my first round matchup and won the next two.
                              Yep, you finished 5th with those 2 wins.

Comment

• I gotta say, after missing the playoffs this lull between the end of our regular season to free agency (also have no draft picks until forever), is going to be a long wait. I'm interested in trading into the draft if someone wants out/has too many picks.

Joey, when are we flipping the years? Now? I can edit everyone's cap sheets with the change over tomorrow or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X