This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    You can't delete a league on Yahoo after it drafts. As far as I understand you also can't draft with an odd number of teams. If they did it similar to legacy league I don't think it would take long given the amount of players involved.
    it all boils down to the legitimacy and impartialness of the "coin flip". since no one is near anyone and nothing can be visually confirmed.

SCRAPTOR- 20
    1. Nemanja Bjelica 3
    2. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 3
    3. Rudy Gobert 2
    4. Kyle Korver 2
    5. Terrence Jones 2
    6. Ty Lawson 1
    7. Larry Nance, Jr. 1
    8. Chris Paul 1
    9. Markieff Morris 1
    10. Jerryd Bayless 1
    11. Luol Deng 0
    12. Nicolas Batum 0
    13. Kobe Bryant 0
    14. Marco Belinelli 0
    15. Bruno Caboclo(DPE) 0

and

mcHAPPY - 24
    1. Klay Thompson 4
    2. Brook Lopez 4
    3. Nikola Vucevic 3
    4. Michael Carter-Williams 3
    5. Evan Fournier 2
    6. Myles Turner (DPE) 2
    7. Stephen Curry 1
    8. Russel Westbrook 1
    9. Dwight Howard 1
    10. JJ Redick 1
    11. Willie Cauley-Stein (DPE) 1
    12. Giannis Antetokounmpo 0
    13. Hassan Whiteside 0
    14. Eric Gordon 0
    15. Trevor Ariza 0

so for clarity's sake. the dpes are protected and then each team protects 3 roster slots? so bruno, cauley-stien and turner are protected. then the players counting towards the cap remain on the balance sheets, which is why i didn't include them.

so rough estimate one team keeps curry, thompson, westbrook, cauley-stien and turner. the other team keeps bruno, batum, gorbet and paul.

that seems pretty good. i would suggest the team that gets curry/thompson/westbrook gives up the first pick in the expansion draft as they have one more protected player as well.

that seems fair to me. with luck i still end in the lottery(i mean snooch not the imperials) and then it is a who knows. i also think that curry/thompson/westbrook won't increase the value of axel and dans picks into the lottery as well.

edit add: scraptor did very well in saving a bit of that snooch debacle

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      it all boils down to the legitimacy and impartialness of the "coin flip". since no one is near anyone and nothing can be visually confirmed.
      An option I was thinking of (for something else actually) that could work is each person send Joey a number between 1-50 via PM. I will then run a series of numbers using the random number generator and post the results online in order. First one to have their number appear wins the coin flip. I wouldn't know the number in question and both 007 and Cody would be able to see the order the numbers came in.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        An option I was thinking of (for something else actually) that could work is each person send Joey a number between 1-50 via PM. I will then run a series of numbers using the random number generator and post the results online in order. First one to have their number appear wins the coin flip. I wouldn't know the number in question and both 007 and Cody would be able to see the order the numbers came in.
        Or you and Joey could pick a number in a range and then have them guess. Closest gets to go first.

Comment

Or you and Joey could pick a number in a range and then have them guess. Closest gets to go first.
          Or we could have them play a match of online Bingo to make it a spectator event.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Oh I like this. I won't be there but I trust you guys!

Comment

i don't need compensation.

i actually thought you guys were talking about 007 and cody getting to pick 17, 18 on the draft, not me.
              Certainly happy with how this has gone. It speaks well of what we have going here.

Perhaps miek can be given the higher of the two picks each year. I believe it to be fair. The nature of the league makes the picks valuable.

Comment

SCRAPTOR- 20
                1. Nemanja Bjelica 3
                2. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 3
                3. Rudy Gobert 2
                4. Kyle Korver 2
                5. Terrence Jones 2
                6. Ty Lawson 1
                7. Larry Nance, Jr. 1
                8. Chris Paul 1
                9. Markieff Morris 1
                10. Jerryd Bayless 1
                11. Luol Deng 0
                12. Nicolas Batum 0
                13. Kobe Bryant 0
                14. Marco Belinelli 0
                15. Bruno Caboclo(DPE) 0

and

mcHAPPY - 24
                1. Klay Thompson 4
                2. Brook Lopez 4
                3. Nikola Vucevic 3
                4. Michael Carter-Williams 3
                5. Evan Fournier 2
                6. Myles Turner (DPE) 2
                7. Stephen Curry 1
                8. Russel Westbrook 1
                9. Dwight Howard 1
                10. JJ Redick 1
                11. Willie Cauley-Stein (DPE) 1
                12. Giannis Antetokounmpo 0
                13. Hassan Whiteside 0
                14. Eric Gordon 0
                15. Trevor Ariza 0

so for clarity's sake. the dpes are protected and then each team protects 3 roster slots? so bruno, cauley-stien and turner are protected. then the players counting towards the cap remain on the balance sheets, which is why i didn't include them.

so rough estimate one team keeps curry, thompson, westbrook, cauley-stien and turner. the other team keeps bruno, batum, gorbet and paul.

that seems pretty good. i would suggest the team that gets curry/thompson/westbrook gives up the first pick in the expansion draft as they have one more protected player as well.

that seems fair to me. with luck i still end in the lottery(i mean snooch not the imperials) and then it is a who knows. i also think that curry/thompson/westbrook won't increase the value of axel and dans picks into the lottery as well.

edit add: scraptor did very well in saving a bit of that snooch debacle
                Looking at it, I think it'd function better if we did 2-Protected players, instead of 3, but maybe that's just me. With Giannis and Whiteside off the board as well, it really just turns into a Vucevic trade otherwise.

Comment

• If we protect 2 (plus DPE and expirings), then the draft pool becomes (pseudo ranked)

Klay
                  Vucevic
                  Lopez
                  Fournier
                  RHJ
                  Korver
                  Howard
                  Reddick
                  T Jones
                  Markieff
                  MCW
                  Bjelica
                  Lawson
                  Bayless
                  Nance Jr

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Looking at it, I think it'd function better if we did 2-Protected players, instead of 3, but maybe that's just me. With Giannis and Whiteside off the board as well, it really just turns into a Vucevic trade otherwise.
                    It really depends on how much of a difference are we trying to make. Adding the talent of Vucevic is a huge boon, especially when coupled with upgrading Larry Nance Jr to JJ Reddick for example. Certainly gives better options moving forward without really moving the team up in the standings.

If we want both teams to be relatively balanced then that impacts Miek's picks more.

Comment

• Looks like it'll be an equalizer of sorts. You won't have one team going on a total march of domination. I don't know how Matt built a team like that. He must have been really running strong in trades.

Comment

Looks like it'll be an equalizer of sorts. You won't have one team going on a total march of domination. I don't know how Matt built a team like that. He must have been really running strong in trades.
                        Trading with Snooch helps lol

Comment

• See that surprises me because Snooch offered me grossly lopsided deals in his favor and when I pointed out the hilarity of those offers he resorted to four and five letter word name calling and blacklisted me... As if it was a punishment to not receive offers where all my young studs were leaving in exchange for his late round filler.

Comment

See that surprises me because Snooch offered me grossly lopsided deals in his favor and when I pointed out the hilarity of those offers he resorted to four and five letter word name calling and blacklisted me... As if it was a punishment to not receive offers where all my young studs were leaving in exchange for his late round filler.
                            Snooch got to a point where he seemed like he gave up on the game but kept playing and trading for a few weeks before bailing completely. Perhaps you were just unlucky in not getting in on that action. Or he didn't like you.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Snooch got to a point where he seemed like he gave up on the game but kept playing and trading for a few weeks before bailing completely. Perhaps you were just unlucky in not getting in on that action. Or he didn't like you.
                              Ha, ha, he definitely did not like me but I thought that was decided after I took a dump on his fleecy trade offers.

Comment

• Snooch tried to trade with me a lot in Keeper.

I said no to a ton of the deals because I knew what made sense for me. It's all about balance.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X