This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    So I made my own complete list of the current draft pick status league wide. I broke the rules and posted it in the cap page. Please check and by all means merge it, copy/paste it into an official post or delete it. Just figured it might be helpful at least in the short term.
    Your update missed the 2016 from Cody to (? You?) but essentially it's easy to track for them, neither has a pick until 2019.

Speaking of which, heard from a few people in favour of the proposed draft pick trade rules (1 year out as opposed to 2 years); does anyone object to this proposal or have anything else to add?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Your update missed the 2016 from Cody to (? You?) but essentially it's easy to track for them, neither has a pick until 2019.

Speaking of which, heard from a few people in favour of the proposed draft pick trade rules (1 year out as opposed to 2 years); does anyone object to this proposal or have anything else to add?
      i don't mind the rules as is. much like this years salary cap bump it was a first time thing and will even out over the next year or so.

i feel it seems lopsided because it seems people are trading something for nothing but pau gasol trade to la was panned and a couple years later they had the best player in the deal. to me it depends on the commitment from the owners. like i said before i am in for the long haul. if i had the worst team with no picks i would grind it out. so if i receive a 2018 pick i know i will see it's value later.

Comment

Can you take a second look? I noticed after the fact that McHappy and Scraptor were still in the sheet in places and then I updated. Let me know if it still looks off.

As for picks, I'm down for whatever you guys think is right but I'm with Miek in terms of personal preference. I like the idea of each team required to be in the draft every other year at minimum too.

Comment

• Hey fellas, I'm in favour of restricting trading picks in consecutive years.

A novel idea I'll propose for consideration on this restriction topic is to expand the scope of the draft to include a 2nd Round of picks.

With two rounds of picks, a rule restricting teams from trading either of their picks in consecutive years would require each team to draft a rookie to consider signing.

The caveat would be that the existing single DPE rule would still apply. So a team with multiple picks in any one draft year could only have the DPE assigned to one of the players drafted.

Thoughts?
          RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            Hey fellas, I'm in favour of restricting trading picks in consecutive years.

A novel idea I'll propose for consideration on this restriction topic is to expand the scope of the draft to include a 2nd Round of picks.

With two rounds of picks, a rule restricting teams from trading either of their picks in consecutive years would require each team to draft a rookie to consider signing.

The caveat would be that the existing single DPE rule would still apply. So a team with multiple picks in any one draft year could only have the DPE assigned to one of the players drafted.

Thoughts?
            i kind of like it. first thought would be untradeable 2nd round picks.

Comment

• Problem with having a second round of the draft is that is takes away talent from the auction - which is really the jewel of the offseason.

The single DPE is interesting.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Guys, the other thing to keep in mind, is that we don't too many rules .. eventually it just gets too hard to follow, especially if *god forbid* we need to welcome new managers again.

So I would say that while rules are great, we want to keep things simple.

I think 2nd Round is off the table .. has been discussed too many times in the past.

Things like "Must be in draft every other year" were also discussed, but it was deemed for too much of a pain to actually track that and enforce it. And not to mention, that guys like Skywalker just might not want Rookies on their team. Especially rookies picked up at the bottom end of the draft.
                Last edited by Joey; Sun Jul 3, 2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Problem with having a second round of the draft is that is takes away talent from the auction - which is really the jewel of the offseason.

The single DPE is interesting.
                  Yeah, I'd prefer not to have a second round.

Joey wrote: View Post
                  Guys, the other thing to keep in mind, is that we don't too many rules .. eventually it just gets too hard to follow, especially if *god forbid* we need to welcome new managers again.

So I would say that while rules are great, we want to keep things simple.

I think 2nd Round is off the table .. has been discussed too many times in the past.

Things like "Must be in draft every other year" were also discussed, but it was deemed for too much of a pain to actually track that and enforce it. And not to mention, that guys like Skywalker just might not want Rookies on their team. Especially rookies picked up at the bottom end of the draft.
                  Joey is probably right. This thing is a beast already.

Comment

• If people want to lessen the picks available to 2 instead of 3, I'm all for considering that. But I think that's about as far as we go with rule changes in that regards. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Well guys:

I won the 1st pick of the draft of players, right?

I take Klay Thompson then.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Well guys:

I won the 1st pick of the draft of players, right?

I take Klay Thompson then.
                        Well you "won" it. Lol

Cool. Lets get this baby moving!

Comment

• 007 is up.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            007 is up.
                            Trademark infringement, you'll be hearing from Legacy's lawyers.

Comment

Trademark infringement, you'll be hearing from Legacy's lawyers.
                              Hahahaha Lol Well played.

Comment

• It's great that the league is doing this. Off season entertainment at its best. Cody vs 007 in the case match of the century!

Comment

Working...
                                X