This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Wait, it's a blind auction so what does twitch reflexes have to do with this? Noobs question from a guy who has been out of the hoops dynasty game for a long time.
    It's not blind, it's live and open. And, as noted, a lot of people smartened up and left themselves with only one open slot, letting them bid all $200 on the best available FA. And it came down to who was fastest.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      It's not blind, it's live and open. And, as noted, a lot of people smartened up and left themselves with only one open slot, letting them bid all $200 on the best available FA. And it came down to who was fastest.
      Ah, now I remember and hear you. During the season though what I explained stands. Regular season does use FAAB. I think.

Comment

Ah, now I remember and hear you. During the season though what I explained stands. Regular season does use FAAB. I think.
        Yeah, for waiver bids the cash carries over. But a lot of folks were willing to bet they were a full waiver cycle ahead of the pack and could win $0 waiver bids, if it meant getting a top talent at the auction.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Everything is throwing me for a loop, but I'm slowly getting it.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• it takes a while to see how certain aspects of the league's season will go down.

our FA auction was exciting last year. to clarify a bit more, most teams filled their rosters because a top tier talent like Klay Thompson was available. so a guy who had 2 roster spots could spend 199$ on Klay needing $1 for his other FA. McHappy and others had only 1 slot but McHappy had practiced clicking 200$ bid so fast that he scooped him in like .2 seconds haha.

it would be an interesting factor if maybe we could trade players for cash considerations from other teams and maybe use that during the FA auction
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Yes or no, the money left over from the live auction us your budget at the start if the season for regular season bids.

Comment

Yes or no, the money left over from the live auction us your budget at the start if the season for regular season bids.
                Yes
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Alright so if you go all in in a FA at the live auction you're likely committing to missing out on any breakout sleeper candidates so there is a downside to the practice. Not to mention there's no Klay in this live draft.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                    Perhaps....but I am not a fan of the quickest click gets the best player....i would prefer a system that maximizes our involvement (decisions in outcomes).
                    We've had that happen once ever with the same auction framework. Last year was simply unique because someone missed a deadline, allowing a very talented young player to hit the auction block creating a unique bidding system.

Other years and other players last season did not have a "first to click" factor because it's rare to have such a clear top quality player available. CJ McCollum ended up costing me $200 last year but there were multiple bids (I remember Tucas was involved) before it shut down. Other years saw Thaddeus Young go to Mack for, I believe, $180 (and that was before in season waivers so no repercussions to spending it all).

So one player in league history has that been an issue despite the exact same capabilities each and every year. In fact, by adding the FAAB waiver to the in-season moves, has added an additional layer to making the decision to go $200 at auction. There were multiple times where I lost out on a good player on waivers simply because I had nothing to bid. I believe CJ McCollum was worth it in the end but I can't say that there is anyone this year that stands out yet. Maybe the top guy goes for $180 again instead, making your concern quite moot.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Alright so if you go all in in a FA at the live auction you're likely committing to missing out on any breakout sleeper candidates so there us a downside to the practice. Not to mention there's no Klay in this live draft.
                      Haha a much shorter version of what I was writing at the same time.

Yes, adding the FAAB waivers in season provides consequences that mcHappy and I both lived with last year.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Everything is throwing me for a loop, but I'm slowly getting it.
                        Hence why its a good idea to try to fully understand the league before you start making trades ... :P Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Hence why its a good idea to try to fully understand the league before you start making trades ... :P Haha
                          Yeah but even experienced owners make mistakes. I remember when Durant missed some games and Perry Jones III stepped into a starters role and someone grabbed him off waivers and gave him a huge 4 year deal.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Yeah but even experienced owners make mistakes. I remember when Durant missed some games and Perry Jones III stepped into a starters role and someone grabbed him off waivers and gave him a huge 4 year deal.

Lol That's different :P Not to mention that was in the 2nd Season, when many of us were still figuring things out. Not to mention I managed to trade my way out of that scott-free.

Comment

Lol That's different :P Not to mention that was in the 2nd Season, when many of us were still figuring things out. Not to mention I managed to trade my way out of that scott-free.
                              Not only Scott-free, you used up another's amnesty. Risky but successful espionage.

Still, mistakes happen especially when you are aggressively trying to make your team better; just like the real NBA.

Comment

Safety shmafety. Cody is crafting memorable stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X