This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Plus I still have Scraptor and Apollo on my schedule. Just jbml left with a winning record.

Joey has Tucas, Realizar and Coach.

i have been rooting for you since the beginning

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Brutal, I'm just handing this week away ... missed my lineups .. Sorry guys.

I'm still pretty confident in my playoff position though.
      Well, it's kind of important you make the playoffs, okay?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Well, it's kind of important you make the playoffs, okay?
        Hahah Don't worry Dan; I got this.

Comment

• It's kind of amazing how badly mcHAPPY fleeced snooch.

Between their two trades a week apart mcHAPPY netted:

Westbrook
          Whiteside
          Redick
          Gordon
          Howard
          Realizar's pick which netted Ariza

for
          Gobert
          Batum
          Bayless
          Belinelli
          Caboclo
          snooch's pick = maybe 5th overall
          Tucas's 2017 pick

I'm not even mad. That's kind of amazing.

Comment

• some of the trades mchappy pulled off were just.. impressive. last season to now he must've done like 25 trades... quite a few fleeces but so many misdirections it was hard to keep track of. poor snoochie got the worst of it but i can think of a few others too...

not saying he took advantage of new comers (its more of an applaud that anything for all those trades), but with the in depth rules of this league its easy to see why theres a trade buffer for new owners.

it'd be kinda cool to see matts team before rebuild and afterwards
            Last edited by koncept; Sat Feb 27, 2016, 05:43 AM.
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              some of the trades mchappy pulled off were just.. impressive. last season to now he must've done like 25 trades... quite a few fleeces but so many misdirections it was hard to keep track of. poor snoochie got the worst of it but i can think of a few others too...

not saying he took advantage of new comers (its more of an applaud that anything for all those trades), but with the in depth rules of this league its easy to see why theres a trade buffer for new owners.
              He talks a good game. Gave me the hard sell but I ain't no snooch lol.

The rules aren't so bad when you spend some time walking through them. I think it would be really helpful to have a trade log in the capsheet thread though, just for illustrative purposes and record keeping. Since Yahoo's draft picks are not specific and require balancing in each trade, that is probably the most confusing thing about getting up to speed.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                some of the trades mchappy pulled off were just.. impressive. last season to now he must've done like 25 trades... quite a few fleeces but so many misdirections it was hard to keep track of. poor snoochie got the worst of it but i can think of a few others too...

it'd be kinda cool to see matts team before rebuild and afterwards
                you can say it. the curry trade was horrible.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i have been rooting for you since the beginning
                  Haha keep saying it and I might even believe you
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    It's kind of amazing how badly mcHAPPY fleeced snooch.

Westbrook
                    Whiteside
                    Redick
                    Gordon
                    Howard

for
                    Gobert
                    Batum
                    Bayless
                    Belinelli
                    Caboclo
                    Tucas's 2017 pick

Ah.... Now I get why he went nuclear when I laughed off an offer that centred around me getting Bayless in exchange for Dieng. I later went on to secure a potential 2016 top 3 pick involving Dieng with another team. Dieng has killed it, win, win.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      It's kind of amazing how badly mcHAPPY fleeced snooch.

Westbrook
                      Whiteside
                      Redick
                      Gordon
                      Howard

for
                      Gobert
                      Batum
                      Bayless
                      Belinelli
                      Caboclo
                      Tucas's 2017 pick

You sure about that? I traded Reddick to mcHappy for ZBo earlier this year (who I flipped into Gibson and pick). Didn't realize he sent him and got him back from Snooch at any point.

mcHappy also made some bad deals over the years that he regretted. Harden being the one most brought up.

Those of us who trade a lot often trade too much and we all end up with some bad deals to go along with some good deals.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

You sure about that? I traded Reddick to mcHappy for ZBo earlier this year (who I flipped into Gibson and pick). Didn't realize he sent him and got him back from Snooch at any point.

mcHappy also made some bad deals over the years that he regretted. Harden being the one most brought up.

Those of us who trade a lot often trade too much and we all end up with some bad deals to go along with some good deals.
                        Yeah despite me essentially trading Harden and picks for Melo, PG13, and Rondo(and trading Gortat and Al Jeff for Harden and Hibbert in the first place),I also traded Giannis for Larry Sanders a couple years back. When you're making 15 trades a year you can definitely isolate your successes, but there will definitely be a few failures in there too.

Comment

• Ezeli two years, Dekker one year.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That being said, as bad as it sounds, Snooch was a terrible trader. I remember one time I sent him an offer and he countered with the exact same thing except gave me another player. I was so baffled that I accepted and never even asked him why he gave me an extra player for free.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                              That being said, as bad as it sounds, Snooch was a terrible trader. I remember one time I sent him an offer and he countered with the exact same thing except gave me another player. I was so baffled that I accepted and never even asked him why he gave me an extra player for free.
                              Yeah he was all over the map. He was the only real market for me to trade Melo (who I was going to likely move for the best offer by the deadline) but I kept getting him to improve his offers. Almost had Westbrook 1 for 1 at the beginning of the season.

I made a lot less deals this season. Best series of moves for me might be turning Anthony Bennett into Taj and Skywalkers pick (via Reddick and ZBo). Last year I made a ton of trades (maybe most in the league that year), some worked some didn't.

Comment

Yeah he was all over the map. He was the only real market for me to trade Melo (who I was going to likely move for the best offer by the deadline) but I kept getting him to improve his offers. Almost had Westbrook 1 for 1 at the beginning of the season.

I made a lot less deals this season. Best series of moves for me might be turning Anthony Bennett into Taj and Skywalkers pick (via Reddick and ZBo). Last year I made a ton of trades (maybe most in the league that year), some worked some didn't.
                                Yeah I think he just liked the idea of trading. You could offer him a trade and he'd talk about how ridiculous it was, he'd counter with a ridiculous offer and then after some negotiating you'd get more than what you asked for in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X