This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Haven't picked a guy yet who isn't in the hall or not on pace to be in the hall.
    LOL congratulations
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Aren't we doing single season peaks?

Comment

• MACK11 then 007 are up.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Aren't we doing single season peaks?
          The original concept was that we are taking these players in their primes. Some rationalize this as peak/best season, but a players prime is often more than one season (unless we're talking about Derrick Rose)
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• It was a slow year when Mitch got into the hall
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              The original concept was that we are taking these players in their primes. Some rationalize this as peak/best season, but a players prime is often more than one season (unless we're talking about Derrick Rose)
              Exactly. Prime is most commonly referred to as 2-5 seasons (depending on the player) but voters can judge whether a single season is a true barometer for a player. It's an ambiguous definition that allows voters to hold the real power.

D-Rose or Jeremy Lin would be examples of short "primes" while someone like Tim Duncan has been in his prime since birth. You get to make your arguments with your players, and opponents may choose to challenge some of those points but ultimately its up to the voters to decide.

In Ibaka's case, has his defence really fallen off in the past two seasons that have incorporated a deep ball? Anyone who watched Thunder-Warriors in the playoffs would likely say no.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Aren't we doing single season peaks?
                When I did this last year I made it clear in my game plan what version of each player the voters were getting anytime I figured it wasn't clear.

Comment

When I did this last year I made it clear in my game plan what version of each player the voters were getting anytime I figured it wasn't clear.
                  Ok because I planned some of my picks based on single season peaks ie. Derrick Rose lol.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    In Ibaka's case, has his defence really fallen off in the past two seasons that have incorporated a deep ball? Anyone who watched Thunder-Warriors in the playoffs would likely say no.
                    Lol anyone who had him on their fantasy team this year (I did) would say definitely yes
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Exactly. Prime is most commonly referred to as 2-5 seasons (depending on the player) but voters can judge whether a single season is a true barometer for a player. It's an ambiguous definition that allows voters to hold the real power.

D-Rose or Jeremy Lin would be examples of short "primes" while someone like Tim Duncan has been in his prime since birth. You get to make your arguments with your players, and opponents may choose to challenge some of those points but ultimately its up to the voters to decide.

Lol And in terms of KAT, there is no choice, as he only has ONE season. Haha

Comment

• How about this:

can you choose a player's best month as their prime?

Because if so...

- Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          How about this:

can you choose a player's best month as their prime?

Because if so...

What about single game peak?

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            It was a slow year when Mitch got into the hall
                            Whatever, his resume speaks for itself. There are lesser players in there. Guys already drafted here...

Comment

Whatever, his resume speaks for itself. There are lesser players in there. Guys already drafted here...
                              Lol I was kidding. That said, I had to look up to see if he was actually in because I wasn't sure.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

What about single game peak?

seriously thought about bargs

Comment

Working...
                                X