This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The coaching and management staff of Team Jimi have been hearing some disparaging chatter through the grapevine about their team, along the lines of 'they just don't move the ball well'.

Lest any voters be persuaded by such nonsense, Team Jimi requested a study from their analytics department to show how their squad stacks up in the passing department against the rest of the field.

A quick note about the methodology of the study:

Without further ado...

E-Wheazy - 150

007 - 144.3

Axel - 143.4

Maury - 140.9

JimiCliff - 137

Joey - 136

Apollo - 123.3

TTF - 117.3

BobLoblaw - 107.9

Cody - 100.5

Conclusion/discussion from the analytics team:
    wow there are some clear cut tiers in there... at least imn ot last ... and there is a significant drop off between me and the bottom tier

Comment

• Legacy League S2 Draft

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      wow there are some clear cut tiers in there... at least imn ot last ... and there is a significant drop off between me and the bottom tier
      I would say the drop off is after Joey...

Comment

• Sorry guys been really busy. Promise to get my GP in tomorrow morning. I'm in Vancouver but hopefully before 9:00 pst.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Sorry guys been really busy. Promise to get my GP in tomorrow morning. I'm in Vancouver but hopefully before 9:00 pst.
          Your not even late yet.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Legacy League S2 Draft

And I have only received a few so far (Cody, TTF, myself)
            Last edited by Axel; Wed Aug 3, 2016, 07:39 AM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• haha I thought I was late

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                haha I thought I was late
                Deadline is today

Comment

• Will get mine in later today.

Comment

• It's getting harder and harder to write a gameplan each week. But then I write it and get excited about matchups again.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      The coaching and management staff of Team Jimi have been hearing some disparaging chatter through the grapevine about their team, along the lines of 'they just don't move the ball well'.

Lest any voters be persuaded by such nonsense, Team Jimi requested a study from their analytics department to show how their squad stacks up in the passing department against the rest of the field.

A quick note about the methodology of the study:

Without further ado...

E-Wheazy - 150

007 - 144.3

Axel - 143.4

Maury - 140.9

JimiCliff - 137

Joey - 136

Apollo - 123.3

TTF - 117.3

BobLoblaw - 107.9

Cody - 100.5

Conclusion/discussion from the analytics team:
                      A team that starts 5 prime Stephon Marburies aka 5 super ball hogs from bad teams - 220

Last year's Spurs starters - 74.8

This sort of thing would favor ball hogs from bad teams and in general guys who were main ball handlers.

If you have a bunch of point guards or point forwards, especially if they dominated the ball on not so good teams, you will rank high.

Would it be a good idea to have a bunch of point forwards? Depends on case by case, in some cases it might be a waste because there's just one ball.

PS: I think your team should create well enough. I think that was the argument against your team that I saw, not so much passing. Frazier and Dumars to me is a good backcourt to put next to LeBron, both could make plays and played well off the ball.

Comment

• Maury, wheazy, 007 and Joey are still in the delinquent pile; everyone else is ready to go.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          A team that starts 5 prime Stephon Marburies aka 5 super ball hogs from bad teams - 220

This sort of thing would favor ball hogs from bad teams and in general guys who were main ball handlers.

If you have a bunch of point guards or point forwards, especially if they dominated the ball on not so good teams, you will rank high.

Would it be a good idea to have a bunch of point forwards? Depends on case by case, in some cases it might be a waste because there's just one ball.

PS: I think your team should create well enough. I think that was the argument against your team that I saw, not so much passing. Frazier and Dumars to me is a good backcourt to put next to LeBron, both could make plays and played well off the ball.
                          I think it needs to be remembered that we basically have to split hairs when each team is so stacked. Dumars and Frazier is a great back court but when every one has a great back court, people will find shades of greatness.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post

Definitely no bias here on your part, eh Bob?
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Maury, wheazy, 007 and Joey are still in the delinquent pile; everyone else is ready to go.
                              Writing mine right now.

Comment

• GP is in. Good luck Bob! Not as worried about this matchup now as I initially was but still pretty nervous haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X