Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the only point of following the lottery was to use it as a mechanism to draw the order. Just my view but the order shouldn't be influenced by real NBA trades.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I thought the only point of following the lottery was to use it as a mechanism to draw the order. Just my view but the order shouldn't be influenced by real NBA trades.
      Hmmm But in order to determine the order, we've always attached clubs to the teams, and not just the general position in the lottery... if we'd only ever focused on the Lottery Position, then I would 100% agree .. I'm torn on this, hence my initial ranking with Axel at #3, and now I'm unsure. Haha

Comment

• So Dan has 3 and Axel has 5?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          So Dan has 3 and Axel has 5?
          Not sure ... Lol Might have to take a vote and see what folks think ... like I said, I can't say we've ever had a situation like this in the past.

Comment

• I think Dan gets #3 if were doing this correctly. Is that the consensus?
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Hmmm But in order to determine the order, we've always attached clubs to the teams, and not just the general position in the lottery... if we'd only ever focused on the Lottery Position, then I would 100% agree .. I'm torn on this, hence my initial ranking with Axel at #3, and now I'm unsure. Haha
              Unless this has happened before and someone got shafted on this already there is no precedent set. We could easily detach from the team and just attach to said teams probability based on final standings.

Dan's slot wasn't drawn third, Axel's was. It just doesn't make any sense to me that we'd make it more complicated than that.
              Last edited by Apollo; Tue May 16, 2017, 10:25 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Dan was paired with philly and Philly's actual pick is #3, right?

Comment

Dan was paired with philly and Philly's actual pick is #3, right?
                  Yep.

Comment

• OK guys, whatever you want to do but what happens down the road when a team outside the top 8 gets to switch with a high pick holder?

For this league the crap team gets the crap pick and the good team get the good pick... Because of some trade in the NBA that really has nothing to do with the heart of this mechanism for this league. Eventually someone will be shafted bad by this.

Comment

• Then it has got to be Dan's. I technically am paired with Brooklyn. No confusion because swaps weren't involved but it is the same thing.

Comment

• So what if Dan's paired team had actually landed the 14th pick and then triggered the swap? Axel then drops to 14?

Comment

OK guys, whatever you want to do but what happens down the road when a team outside the top 8 gets to switch with a high pick holder?

For this league the crap team gets the crap pick and the good team get the good pick... Because of some trade in the NBA that really has nothing to do with the heart of this mechanism for this league. Eventually someone will be shafted bad by this.
                          Now I am confused. If the actual philly pick, when I say actual I mean what their own, original before any swaps happen pick lands 3rd and Dan is paired with philly then it seems really straight forward.

Comment

OK guys, whatever you want to do but what happens down the road when a team outside the top 8 gets to switch with a high pick holder?

Now I am confused. If the actual philly pick, when I say actual I mean what their own, original before any swaps happen pick lands 3rd and Dan is paired with philly then it seems really straight forward.

Comment

• I'm a little confused about who had what odds to begin with, but the way I see it is this. Pick swaps in the real life lottery shouldn't affect our league. I personally think it should be based on the position at the end of the year should be tied to a specific spot, not a team.

If you tie it to a team and picks are swapped based on lottery pick swaps, how confusing does it become if teams in our league swap picks, while at the same time lottery teams in the NBA swap picks.

Comment

Maybe I'm confused? I thought the point of following the NBA lottery was so that we didn't need our own lottery. The lottery would determine the order and each teams odds were based on where they finished and was linked to a corresponding slot in the NBA lottery. So therefore any NBA trades that have pick swap triggers would not influence our ordering because that is something other, something beyond, the actually lottery mechanism.

Comment

Working...
                                X