This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Well you can take that up with Joey, but WJF was in the Finals and wasn't listed as 2nd last pick, so I'm not sure you are correct.

I haven't verified any of the info, I just know that regular season standings is the rule, so who ever can confirm would be correct. Joey's post from April 14th seems correct but even the all mighty tyrant Joey can make mistakes.
    I changed my post. I was mistaken.

Comment

I honestly don't see any logic for Dan getting the pick, so would you be kind enough to provide it?
      I was under the assumption that we were tied to the team we are paired with, including any swaps.

After some more thought, it really doesn't have any bearing on our league, so 3rd is definitely yours.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        I was under the assumption that we were tied to the team we are paired with, including any swaps.

After some more thought, it really doesn't have any bearing on our league, so 3rd is definitely yours.
        I do think it was unclear, just not having come up before, so it's fair there was discussion about it.

But I agree - for the purposes of our league, it would cause issues long term and best to get it settled now with precedent.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I changed my post. I was mistaken.
          The Dynasty Tyrant Joey wins again....except in the lottery.

#GloveAward2018
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I do think it was unclear, just not having come up before, so it's fair there was discussion about it.

But I agree - for the purposes of our league, it would cause issues long term and best to get it settled now with precedent.
            If we had done that, then Miek would be tied to the Nets and end up with the 27th pick. With the Nets alone, we'd have years of issues to contend with.

I find it very hard to believe that a lotto pick swap hasn't happened in any of our previous years. Seems unlikely based on NBA trade history.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The Dynasty Tyrant Joey wins again....except in the lottery.

#GloveAward2018
              I think I'm in the lead, just ask Gary Payton's friend's denist's son.

Comment

If we had done that, then Miek would be tied to the Nets and end up with the 27th pick. With the Nets alone, we'd have years of issues to contend with.

I find it very hard to believe that a lotto pick swap hasn't happened in any of our previous years. Seems unlikely based on NBA trade history.
                Well I hope no one was shafted in the past. Better fire up the hot tub time machine just in case.

Comment

• Precent set last year - with the Denver - NYK - Toronto swap rights.

Comment

Well I hope no one was shafted in the past. Better fire up the hot tub time machine just in case.
                    Nope, never even came up as a discussion before.

Comment

The trick is, it would only be if it was a swap between two top-8 lotto teams, otherwise we'd gloss over the issue because it is so obvious and doesn't include two teams tied to Dynasty players (like with the BKN/BOS pick this year). That happens less often.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• #7 is on the block. I'm interested in moving up, down or out. I could stay where I am but I'm curious about the interest in this high value position in the draft. There should be high upside guards, wings and big available here. The guys at the top will feel the pressure to draft a PG but where I'm at is where the draft really gets interesting.

Comment

#7 is on the block. I'm interested in moving up, down or out. I could stay where I am but I'm curious about the interest in this high value position in the draft. There should be high upside guards, wings and big available here. The guys at the top will feel the pressure to draft a PG but where I'm at is where the draft really gets interesting.
                          I think the PG role out could be interesting with Miek and both having 2 picks in the top 6 - seems more likely that one could drop, especially with the Celtics factor in play.

Comment

• If I was Miek and I had lost 23 in a row I would be taking the BPA at both slots. If that's PG, PG then at least I know I should be set there for the next ten seasons.

Comment

• Actually I always go BPA anyway.

Comment

If I was Miek and I had lost 23 in a row I would be taking the BPA at both slots. If that's PG, PG then at least I know I should be set there for the next ten seasons.
                                You would've though that a couple years ago when he had LBJ and Steph Curry. 😉

Comment

Working...
                                X