Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess is that Kennard goes shortly after the top ten is settled, gets decent minutes and SJ struggles for minutes.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      I think the starting 5 for the Pistons is going to be Jackson-Bradley-Johnson-Harris-Drummond with Smith-Galloway-Kennard-Leuer-Boban/Ellenson as the bench. At least, that's what I'd do. We could see Harris at the 3 & Leuer at the 4 or something else, but this is Stan's last chance to how himself as a viable option. I hope he seizes it.
      Harris is really a better player as small ball 4 than SF, I see Stan Van putting a shooter at SF. Not sure if any of the wings other than Kennard can really fit that role.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Might pass me in the standings....
        Not much of an accomplishment there.....

Next year should be interesting. So many moves in the NBA have altered player values and many opportunities still unclear. Exciting time as summer league starts and we count down the last few weeks before our rookie draft.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Lets wait to see if Stanley's improved his shooting in summer league before we prognosticate his results this season.
          RR OG

Comment

• Next years draft is sounding like it has the pieces to be a very special lotto. Here's an article covering the potential top 20:

1. Michael Porter Jr. | F | Missouri | Freshman | 6’10” | 214

After decommiting from Washington, Porter Jr. will be one-and-done in what could wind up a very temporary revival for the Mizzou program under Cuonzo Martin. It won’t matter much with regard to his draft stock: Porter Jr. would have had a chance to go first overall in this year’s draft, and is the early favorite to be there a year from now. He’s got enviable size, length and skill, shoots the three and the midrange, and could be a go-to scorer at the next level at either forward position. Porter’s ceiling is massive.

2. Mohamed Bamba | C | Texas | Freshman | 7’0” | 207

There’s been worthwhile Bamba-Ayton debate over the last couple years. Bamba’s ridiculous length (he’s been measured with a 7’9” wingspan) puts him on the shortlist of pure physical outliers in the history of the draft, and as he puts on weight and expands his offensive game, he could become a monster. He’s fairly bankable as a defensive anchor, rebounder and shot-blocker already. Texas will give him the chance to be a pick-and-roll weapon and expand his offense. You can argue Bamba has the most untapped talent of anyone projected in next year’s class.

3. DeAndre Ayton | C | Arizona | Freshman | 7’0” | 243

Ayton is a big boy who’s become increasingly skilled over the last few years, and should be another of college basketball’s must-watch players next season. His physical tools—wingspan, mobility, timing—are off the charts, and he can shoot the ball from deep or operate on the block. He’s a little in love with his jumper at times. Here’s hoping Sean Miller takes a page out of the Calipari–Towns book and makes Ayton park himself in the post most of this season and get used to it. Regardless, he has serious talent and should be in the mix at No. 1.

4. Luka Doncic | SG | Real Madrid (Spain) | 18 years old | 6’8” | 185

One of the best international prospects to arrive in a long time, Doncic has been a fixture on Madrid’s senior team for two years already. He’s a stat-sheet stuffer, averaging 15.7 points, nine rebounds and 8.5 assists per-40 in 35 Euroleague games this season, and operates on and off the ball comfortably. His elite feel has helped him play up at a young age, and his versatility and size will have him in the mix high in the lottery, potentially at No. 1.

5. Wendell Carter | PF | Duke | Freshman | 6’10” | 263

Carter is the type of versatile, tough big man Duke really could have used this season. He’s an outstanding rebounder and passer that reminds me you some ways of Kevin Love and Al Horford. Carter can handle it on the perimeter and face up, and has a fairly well-developed post game. He’s a highly intelligent player and looks well-suited for the pace-and-space game with his range of offensive skills. He’ll need to continue working on his body and display more consistency on his jumper, which has range but isn’t a true weapon yet. He’s a good bet for next year’s lottery.
            https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/26/nb...michael-porter

Both my picks(Miek's & Tucas') in next year's draft are currently on the block.

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
              Lets wait to see if Stanley's improved his shooting in summer league before we prognosticate his results this season.
              Always wise to wait and see but the Pistons actions make it sound like they're not planning for it to come together.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Next years draft is sounding like it has the pieces to be a very special lotto. Here's an article covering the potential top 20:

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/26/nb...michael-porter

Both my picks(Miek's & Tucas') in next year's draft are currently on the block.
                I'll give you my first born child.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                  I'll give you my first born child.
                  ... what sort of stats is he putting up?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    ... what sort of stats is he putting up?
                    His numbers are nostalgic.

RR OG

Comment

• High ankle sprain.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

High ankle sprain.
                        Following the 76ers tradition of injured top picks. I expect they'll announce surgery any day now

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Following the 76ers tradition of injured top picks. I expect they'll announce surgery any day now
                          Your move, Miek.

Comment

• Lol. Lonzo with a triple double in his second game. Fultz has looked really good too, and I doubt the injury is going to be serious. If it is year ending surgery maybe fox becomes an imperial. One thing about our owner Darth Stein is that he has no problem throwing old ideas away and backing a new horse. The internal competition for favoritism is a healthy part of our program.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              Lol. Lonzo with a triple double in his second game. Fultz has looked really good too, and I doubt the injury is going to be serious. If it is year ending surgery maybe fox becomes an imperial. One thing about our owner Darth Stein is that he has no problem throwing old ideas away and backing a new horse. The internal competition for favoritism is a healthy part of our program.
                              Lonzo looked great in that second game but was awful that first game. Seriously questioning his shot; the mechanics are off and he seems to need a lot of space to even get it off.

Fox looks like he's lost his starting spot to George Hill for a couple of years which limits his value.

Fultz should be healthy but isn't the old saying that bad news comes in threes (Embiid, Simmons...).

Comment

• I have't been following the thread as close as i should this offseason, so if this has already been addressed, my apologies, but my roster still doesn't reflect late season trades that were made.

Also, do we have dates for rookie draft, free agent auction, and re-signs?

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X