This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, my system wouldn't be uneven ground either. Same system for everyone, just a different system than there is now.

I'm just speaking to the interest in the auction draft, which others have noted a concern with the trend toward it essentially becoming a quick draw draft for half the league, due to much of the league catching onto the roster construction needed to max out spending power at the draft, and the skewed auction value of players in a draft where comparatively few players are drafted, as well as there being no downside to a giant bid except not having FAAB dollars.
    But if you receive more FAAB because you have more empty slots then you're being rewarded for not keeping your Dynasty team together, aren't you? Even in you proposed setup there would still be quick draw moments. I only recall one such quick draw and it involved Matt and it was because someone didn't submit their resignings. Last year Dario was a max money guy but he didn't automatically go for $200. I remember atleast five or six bids going in. In fact I knew I couldn't sign him over Axel but I intentionally raised his price by bidding all I could ($199).

Have there been other quick draw moments and if so how frequent do they occur?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm not saying to handicap those who play well, I'm saying exactly the opposite. One person could set up their whole season to get a top free agent but due to luck of the draw they end up with 16th nomination and the top 5 free agents have already been taken with 200 dollar nominations.

And so they miss out on someone or several players that they planned to get all season just because they were unlucky.

I like Joey's idea because at least now it will actually just be whoever can type 200 the quickest and not just based off of auction position.

Also I may have completely misinterpreted your post because I got lost somewhere.
      My post was directed at Dan's suggestion about FAAB being tied to vacant roster slots.

Comment

• I am still 99% sure you can't nominate for more than $1.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I am still 99% sure you can't nominate for more than $1.
          I've done auctions where you could nominate above $1. I never tested the limits.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            I've done auctions where you could nominate above $1. I never tested the limits.
            Are you 100% sure? I've landed two $200 FA and remember both times quite well. Don't think either time was that an option.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Either way, shouldn't we wait until there is some sort of clear problem? It sounds like this is a rare season where a bunch of guys managed their cap well and are entering with the potential to offer max. There's some posturing going on but that doesn't mean all six will go max. It sounds like there will be atleast one max deal. Someone has to win and everyone has to lose, it's part of the game.

Comment

Are you 100% sure? I've landed two $200 FA and remember both times quite well. Don't think either time was that an option.
                You could be right but I've gone in on bids higher than $1 in other leagues. It's been a while though.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  You could be right but I've gone in on bids higher than $1 in other leagues. It's been a while though.
                  I think it's just the nomination that can't be adjusted, once a player is nominated, full $200 is free game. I remember when mcHappy and I battled for Klay, he admitted to have practiced getting the $200 bid in as fast as possible. I was lucky to get the CJ McCollum prize. Last year, Joey Dan and I were all poised but Dan blew his load on Ariza and Joey went in hard after Powell and then I was able to leisurely get Saric.

Personally, I don't think there is any reason to have league restrictions on this.

Comment

i think that was because people had other ideas and were trying to not spend, then you committed. the problem is probably only unique to certain years like when a player like klay shows up, and then when there really isn't anything to grab, except maybe one guy.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i think that was because people had other ideas and were trying to not spend, then you committed. the problem is probably only unique to certain years like when a player like klay shows up, and then when there really isn't anything to grab, except maybe one guy.
                      I still don't see the problem. If you miss out on a guy, then you miss out and get someone different; just like real life.

Comment

I still don't see the problem. If you miss out on a guy, then you miss out and get someone different; just like real life.
                        I think the problem is that it's supposed to be an auction, but it could come down to luck. So I was just suggesting to get a system in place to get rid of the luck of the draw.

Also I need your years.

Comment

I think the problem is that it's supposed to be an auction, but it could come down to luck. So I was just suggesting to get a system in place to get rid of the luck of the draw.

Also I need your years.
                          Ignore that last part. Just saw you posted them

Comment

Ignore that last part. Just saw you posted them
                            For the second time...

Comment

Also I need your years.
                              I don't think there is any luck of the draw is my point. I don't think you can nominate for more than $1 by default, therefore your hypothetical situation doesn't exist.

Comment

You definitely can nominate for more than the default $1.

Running a Yahoo Mock to confirm. Will report back.

Comment

Working...
                                X