This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    You definitely can nominate for more than the default $1.

Running a Yahoo Mock to confirm. Will report back.
    Check the draft settings. I know you can change it but by default I’m 99% sure it’s just $1.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

You definitely can nominate for more than the default $1.

Running a Yahoo Mock to confirm. Will report back.
      I'm pretty sure I couldn't do so last time out, because I wanted to and got an early nomination turn, and ended up nominating a player I didn't want so I could quick trigger the 200 for Ariza (which sounds silly, but I'm silly) when someone else nominated him. Could be mis-remembering though. Also could be that they've changed it since.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Check the draft settings. I know you can change it but by default I’m 99% sure it’s just $1.
        It is $1 by default when you nominate, but you can change it before you click the Nom button.
        I've done it myself to get around guys that could only afford like $5 per player, and nommed them at $6. And I've also never changed that setting in the past that I know of. Right now the only draft options we have are "Type" and "Date". Will look out for it once I'm doing Keepers, but ya.

Comment

• This is how I remember it always being; just took this screenshot from a Mock draft:

Comment

Comment

This is how I remember it always being; just took this screenshot from a Mock draft:
              Can you nominate your full cash amount?

Impossible to test that, I guess, since you have to save cash for extra roster spots.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It is $1 by default when you nominate, but you can change it before you click the Nom button.
                I've done it myself to get around guys that could only afford like $5 per player, and nommed them at $6. And I've also never changed that setting in the past that I know of. Right now the only draft options we have are "Type" and "Date". Will look out for it once I'm doing Keepers, but ya.
                Have you done it in this league though?

This is the only league I do auctions for and would gladly have used a $200 nomination each of the last two years if it were possible. I find it hard to believe that it’s possible and yet no one has done it.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Can you nominate your full cash amount?

Impossible to test that, I guess, since you have to save cash for extra roster spots.
                  I could nominate for $188 which was all my money minus $1 for each remaining spot. So theoretically if you only had one spot, I'd imagine you could.

Comment

This is the only league I do auctions for and would gladly have used a $200 nomination each of the last two years if it were possible. I find it hard to believe that it’s possible and yet no one has done it.
                    Pretty sure I have yes. Keeper is also auction, and I know for a fact I've done it there. And again, I've never changed any draft settings pertaining to this. So Keeper and Dynasty would have no reason to be different.

Comment

But the thing is you have to be in line to nominate the guy you want. Did you nominate Dario?

Comment

Pretty sure I have yes. Keeper is also auction, and I know for a fact I've done it there. And again, I've never changed any draft settings pertaining to this. So Keeper and Dynasty would have no reason to be different.
                        So what's the official verdict now on what we'll do?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          But the thing is you have to be in line to nominate the guy you want. Did you nominate Dario?
                          I can’t remember.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            So what's the official verdict now on what we'll do?
                            If people agree it's a problem, then we explore possibility of applying a max nom bid.
                            If people don't think it's a problem, then we leave it as is.

Comment

If people agree it's a problem, then we explore possibility of applying a max nom bid.
                              If people don't think it's a problem, then we leave it as is.
                              The way I see it is that even if it hasn't been a problem yet, it doesn't mean it won't become a problem which is why I brought it up when I did.

Even if it never turns into a problem, there is literally no draw back of putting a max nom bid in, so why not do that before we find out it is in fact a problem.

Comment

• i don't mind it being random. if it were possible to change starting money, i think an extra 5 dollars per roster spot could fix this problem. it also simulates saving for a big free agency splash because you would have more cash than people with one free slot.

as an example an owner with one free slot would get 205 dollars and an owner with 2 free slots would get 210, and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X