Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh ... sorry guys, was away for Christmas, as you must have figured ...

If there was shady business, then it will be reversed. Apologies for being away.
    Give me some time to review and see whats going on.

Comment

• Nothing shady went on. There may be a difference in rules interpretations.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Nothing shady went on. There may be a difference in rules interpretations.
        He says, shadily...
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Typically empty roster spots count as 1 yr cap holds too so the trade may not work under the cap even without the waiver claim.
          Apollo wrote: View Post
          Ah, now I'm sensing this is 90/10 to be vetoed. Sorry Coach, but we need to keep Joey on his toes.
          Axel wrote: View Post
          I'm sure Joey appreciates all this activity for the league office just before Christmas. I could be wrong though, that'll be Joey's call. While we've never had this exact situation happen, the cap holds provision was added to prevent a player from taking cap advantage from making a large deal that gives them empty spots.
          Unfortunately for Apollo and Coach, all of the above is very much true. Lol Except the part about me enjoying all the activity around xmas .. would enjoy it far more if I was also involved in said activity .. Haha Hit me up with offers yo!!

But ya, I am of the opinion that this deal should not have gone through (which it automatically does after 2 days if a commish or co-commish don't overrule/approve it), and had I been around to review it, I would have vetoed the deal, on the grounds that your empty spot carried a 1-year hold, which would have had your Cap Total at 40, prior to the deal taking place.

Will be reversing the trade. Again, I apologize for any confusion and not getting around to the deal sooner.

Also, with approval from the managers, I will also make an amendment to the CBA to include the Cap-Hold clause, as it somehow managed to escape the latest Draft.
          Last edited by Joey; Tue Dec 27, 2016, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• In other news, I have the next couple of days free, and will giving the Cap Sheets a very thorough updating. REALIZAR should be the only one which will be tough to catch up on ... haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately for Apollo and Coach, all of the above is very much true. Lol Except the part about me enjoying all the activity around xmas .. would enjoy it far more if I was also involved in said activity .. Haha Hit me up with offers yo!!

But ya, I am of the opinion that this deal should not have gone through (which it automatically does after 2 days if a commish or co-commish don't overrule/approve it), and had I been around to review it, I would have vetoed the deal, on the grounds that your empty spot carried a 1-year hold, which would have had your Cap Total at 40, prior to the deal taking place.

Will be reversing the trade. Again, I apologize for any confusion and not getting around to the deal sooner.

Also, with approval from the managers, I will also make an amendment to the CBA to include the Cap-Hold clause, as it somehow managed to escape the latest Draft.
              shenanigans were called. shenanigans

Comment

In other news, I have the next couple of days free, and will giving the Cap Sheets a very thorough updating. REALIZAR should be the only one which will be tough to catch up on ... haha
                small minor moves for me. bebe and siakam in on unresignable 1 year deals with hardaway and robinson out

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  Miek, don't make me go slap happy.

Seriously though, damn it guys. Now I gotta put up with Wilson Chandler's amazing game quite possibly up to the trade deadline and land an even better deal. That's more work and told you so stat collection though...
                  Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 27, 2016, 11:07 PM. Reason: .

Comment

would the "report to commish" button on yahoo delay that two day automatic go through? there is always an option for everyone to report the trade if it looks suspect. just for future reference, would anyone just be able to delay the push through, for example axel, if it looks suspect in the future?

Comment

would the "report to commish" button on yahoo delay that two day automatic go through? there is always an option for everyone to report the trade if it looks suspect. just for future reference, would anyone just be able to delay the push through, for example axel, if it looks suspect in the future?
                      Oh I didn't know that existed, thats handy! Ya try it out next time .. if there's a suspect trade that is. Haha
                      But ya, I believe Axel could have actually vetoed it as well with his co-commish capabilities, but understandably wanted to wait for some backup, lest Apollo and Coach threaten lawsuits and start lobbying against him in my absense. Haha

Comment

• Not sure if this was mentioned by me, but I did add Ish Smith a while before the CP3 deal on a 1 year deal.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Oh I didn't know that existed, thats handy! Ya try it out next time .. if there's a suspect trade that is. Haha
                          But ya, I believe Axel could have actually vetoed it as well with his co-commish capabilities, but understandably wanted to wait for some backup, lest Apollo and Coach threaten lawsuits and start lobbying against him in my absense. Haha
                          Yeah if I had known that the deal would auto go through, I would have used my super powers to veto that until convening of the minds. I assumed we had time to review and discuss in a protracted holiday timeline. Good to know for the next time we let Joey take a couple of days off (I believe your next approved vacation is in 2023).
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I hope you know that this whole thing will probably affect your bonuses at the next owners meetings.

Comment

• Wilson Chandler already sold his house. We already took Mirotic fishing to bond. Tsk.

Comment

i might get a w this week. program is ahead of the rebuilding plan curve.
                                I'm sorry you didn't get that first W ... on a related note, congrats to Tucas on now going 4-5 in the first 9 weeks, and completely blowing my expectations out of the water already. Kudos.

Just don't forget the only reason I'm at the bottom of the standings is because of Injuries. Nothing else. Be warned e'rbody! I'm gunning for that top spot!..next year...

Comment

Working...
                                X