• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sullinger out
    skal in

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I'm not telling anyone to shutup.

Hey, critique away. I didn't like #earnyourstripes(not your comment). The 50+ offers I sent out over the year didn't put themselves together or sell themselves.
      Earn your stripes was directed to Cody. Referring to the learning curve of this league; it wasn't meant to be directed at you in any way.

I don't fault you to taking the deal, anyone would, just don't let your dog shit on the lawn then try to convince me it's chocolate mousse. Pull in your chips, smile devilishly and move on to the next one.

I was responding to your feeble attempts to justify the deal from Cody's perspective.

Being a co-commissioner is completely irrelevant since Joey pretty much single handedly runs the league.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Oh I'm not saying Cody got an amazing deal but if he wasn't keeping Matthews anyway it wasn't the worst deal in the world either. Based on my experience he wasn't getting a pick right now and that's something you suggested he should get in the least. A package deal might be a different story but those are more difficult now because most of the league is capped. I'm trying to view this from the other side. That also helps me close deal's in a way that I (hopefully) don't get fleeced.

Comment

Oh I'm not saying Cody got an amazing deal but if he wasn't keeping Matthews anyway it wasn't the worst deal in the world either. Based on my experience he wasn't getting a pick right now and that's something you suggested he should get in the least. A package deal might be a different story but those are more difficult now because most of the league is capped. I'm trying to view this from the other side. That also helps me close deal's in a way that I (hopefully) don't get fleeced.
          Wait, didn't you just use Matthews in a package deal that landed you pick with good potential? Tucas will no doubt be better next year but it's unlikely he's suddenly going to be in the top tier, so late lotto pick seems reasonable return.

If Cody's goal is spoiler, is Anderson going to be better than Matthews down the stretch? Highly doubtful.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I had to find the right situation and sell it though... And not get out maneuvered.

I don't think Cody can play spoiler. One of his opponents is me and I'm out of the playoffs. Edit: never mind, he can. He can potentially mess up Mack or drizz depending how these last three weeks unfold.
            Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 28, 2017, 07:49 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Cap sheet is up to date with last night's waiver moves. Trade deadline is Thursday, so will try to keep on the cap sheet.

Comment

I had to find the right situation and sell it though... And not get out maneuvered.

I don't think Cody can play spoiler. One of his opponents is me and I'm out of the playoffs. Edit: never mind, he can. He can potentially mess up Mack or drizz depending how these last three weeks unfold.
                Especially with the way these last few weeks have rolled out. Two 5-4 losses & 2 wins the past month. I can either sell the pieces that are winning me games or stay pat. Right now, it seems no-one wants to deal at all. Come on people, negotiate!
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I have to say, I don't root against people in the league but that's gonna change next year. Miek, Tucas, I hope you both get fewer than five wins next season.

Comment

• Missed a little bit of that back and forth, so forgive me for bringing it back up, but I just want to say a couple things on the matter, regardless of who said what:

Being able to critique moves is, and always has been, a huge part of this league because we have no mechanism for owners to vote against a trade if they feel it upsets the balance of the league; and unless the trade breaks a rule, it's going to be approved. Dynasty owners only have their voices and this forum, and thus are 100% encouraged to voice their opinions on any and all moves made in this league. And if someone disagrees with their assessment, by all means, lets debate it.

And if Axel or Myself have critiques, it needs to be acknowledged that those critiques are coming from the Manager Axel or Joey .. not the Commissioner Axel or Joey. Because if we're criticizing it from the Commissioner standpoint, it's likely because it's getting rejected.

That all said, Apollo would be crazy not to take the deal with Cody, especially since he then flipped the piece for something more in line with its perceived market value. Solid asset management.
                    And Cody, you shouldn't take the criticism as anything but people genuinely wanting the best for you and your team; so when people say you could very likely negotiate for more, I hope you're taking notes!

Axel & DanH trade has been approved. Nice trade boys.

Oh, and Thanks to Axel for updating the Cap Sheet!
                    Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 28, 2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• No one is off limits for trade offers with the Monstars. I obviously have some people I'm more attached to than others, but make the right offer! Heck, my pick could even be up for consideration. Hit me up!

Seriously .. c'mon guys ...

Comment

• Tick tock lets make a deal
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

I have to say, I don't root against people in the league but that's gonna change next year. Miek, Tucas, I hope you both get fewer than five wins next season.
                          if i wasn't somewhat hopeful for playoffs next year i wouldn't have traded the pick. a one summer tear down with a two year rebuild, that was the plan

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            if i wasn't somewhat hopeful for playoffs next year i wouldn't have traded the pick. a one summer tear down with a two year rebuild, that was the plan
                            I hear ya. I don't own my pick next year either and my plan is the playoffs next year. If I win seven this year and 11 is the magic number for the playoffs then it's doable for me to improve by four wins with a couple good moves and a healthy Ben Simmons.

My team is so young that my win total should improve a little even if I only pull off lateral moves to replace the talent I will lose to FA.

We'll see though and I shouldn't get to far ahead but I may put my pick in 2017 on the market if it's in range of a known stud.

Comment

• Woj is saying KD could be out months.

Comment

Woj is saying KD could be out months.
                                Big hurt for jbml's title chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X