This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    On the bright side, redraft league died this year, so no relegation unless Joey can revive it.
    I've actually been thinking about opening up a re-draft league with a completely different format to these two leagues. These two leagues are awesome but I'd like to try something different that I've never done before.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Yeah I believe Joey made the call for you. Love and Hayward were your keepers (both first time IIRC).
      Cool - so how much will I need to pay to keep them?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I've actually been thinking about opening up a re-draft league with a completely different format to these two leagues. These two leagues are awesome but I'd like to try something different that I've never done before.
        Well if it's completely different, then it really wouldn't fit as a relegation league regardless.

How different are we talking about?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
          You can only franchise 1 player and I have Wall, Giannis, and Blake up for that.

Which leads to a follow up question. I have to stay out of the bottom 2 to prevent being demoted to redraft. With Wall injured, the trade deadline over and me being unable to keep him in the off-season, would it be total anarchy if I dropped him for another player?

At this point I’m just trying to stay in the league and an injured player who I can’t keep isn’t helping. Although I acknowledge how that could cause some issues around the league.
          James looks like he has the bottom on lock down.

I don't think you should drop Wall personally. Wall isn't on the can't cut list but such a move would impact the late rounds of the playoffs. Rapsfan10 has top priority and Wall might be back by round two... You'd be giving him a top 20 guy for free.

Comment

Cool - so how much will I need to pay to keep them?
            $30 for each keeper. We get $200 auction money. You don't have any second time keepers this year, but next year you might.

If you want to keep them for a third year, you would have to franchise them (costs $50). But you can only franchise one person.

Comment

• Will pull the keepers numbers together at some point. Had thought I did that already, my bad everyone!

As for Re-Draft/Relegation league, we had that for a few years, but the interest dwindled in the latest iteration, and we didn't get enough interest to open the league, so no relegation this season. I'm happy with the mix of new owners we've gotten though.

Comment

• Not at all sure what happened with the Russ-Steph trade ... might brute force it through, as there is no reason that should have been vetoed.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Not at all sure what happened with the Russ-Steph trade ... might brute force it through, as there is no reason that should have been vetoed.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Hahahha perfect gif.

Comment

• So started the season with Millsap, Dragic, Middleton and Rubio as my keepers. I'll most likely be going in next year with Kwahi, Lowry, Gobert and Conley as my new keepers.

My only two objectives of this rookie season was to 1) get in to the playoffs and 2) to have a better core going into next season.

I think I've accomplished both.

Comment

Well if it's completely different, then it really wouldn't fit as a relegation league regardless.

How different are we talking about?
                        Yeah, this would be a completely independent entity and not in competition with what we currently have. I don't want to rock any boats, I just want to try something new I've not done before with you guys.

It's a Head-to-Head Points League with five starters, five bench slots, five IR spots. Lineups are set daily and there is a FAAB WW process like in Dynasty. The smaller rosters would mean more teams could be involved and I was thinking I might cap it at 20 or 25 teams depending on interest.

In case anyone doesn't know a points league assigns fantasy points to different statistics each time a stat is registered. I have already calculated a scoring system that would put the average fantasy scoring in at around 107 PPG(in our case per week because each week would be a game) based on 2017-2018 stats. This season average real scoring in the NBA is 106 PPG.

Comment

• In case that was too much, I'm forcing a fantasy basketball through a fantasy football shaped hole.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            In case that was too much, I'm forcing a fantasy basketball through a fantasy football shaped hole.
                            That's what she said?

Comment

That's what she said?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Not at all sure what happened with the Russ-Steph trade ... might brute force it through, as there is no reason that should have been vetoed.
                                The only thing I can think is if yahoo automatically vetoed it if it was accepted after March 1st. Like if it was accepted on like March 2nd at 2am.

Comment

Working...
                                X