This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Just letting you know I have my lineups set already... at 6 AM.
    Great. But games start on Thursday evening so make sure they're looked at before then! lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      In fantasy football it seems like when two teams go off in the same week they're almost always facing each other. Mack and James right now in this league are experiencing this. Great starts to week 3 in a season where scoring is down. Last season's 200 is this season's 190 based on how much lower league scoring looks.

I'm not used to having trouble getting past 200 and it looks like it's going to be the toughest season yet to win a championship. Half the league has a really good shot on any given Sunday.
      Yea, other than Derek and Derrick, my offense is having a great week. Even my 3 receivers on the bench had 18-22 points each. Hopefully we can pull this one out.

Comment

• Yeah, my typical schedule is:
        • Tuesday (5 minutes): Take a quick look at the score board Tuesday morning and make my waiver wire claims, if any.
        • Wednesday (5 minutes): Take a look at the successful waiver wire claims and add/drops in the morning.
        • Thursday (1 minute): Scan my roster for Thursday games and make sure any guys I want playing tonight are in and to make sure anyone who is ruled out due to injury or whatever is out of my lineup. If they're "out", they're out of my lineup. If they're "doubtful", they're out of my lineup. If they're "questionable", its being called a game time decision and it's lower body(ankles, knees, hammy) they're probably out of my lineup, especially if I have a good replacement. If they're in concussion protocol I'll also probably sit them out.
        • Sunday (10 minutes): Scan my roster for injuries and interesting match ups. I then set my lineup and follow the same method as Thursday; starting guys who are in sweats on the sideline is embarrassing in my opinion because Yahoo has awesome up to date player notes.

Total time invested for the week: approx 20 minutes.

On the app it's quick to navigate all the menus and whatnot. It gives you all sorts of injury notifications on your phone. I don't use it but I keep it for notifications.
        Last edited by Apollo; Mon Sep 25, 2017, 09:54 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• If I had Chris Thompson and Thomas Rawls on my roster, CT would be locked into flex from here on out. WOW he looks like a total stud. He's pretty much the new fantasy Sproles.

Thomas Rawls would be cut. Carson is the grinder and Prosise is the pass catching back. Rawls and Lacy are toast unless there's an injury.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            Great. But games start on Thursday evening so make sure they're looked at before then! lol
            I know, I know.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

If I had Chris Thompson and Thomas Rawls on my roster, CT would be locked into flex from here on out. WOW he looks like a total stud. He's pretty much the new fantasy Sproles.

Thomas Rawls would be cut. Carson is the grinder and Prosise is the pass catching back. Rawls and Lacy are toast unless there's an injury.
              I feel bad for the old fantasy Sproles. Holy smokes, that must be a painful wake up today. I've done both knees, can't imagine breaking my arm on the same play! Tough guy, but he's a 34 yr old RB... I wonder if this is the end for him?

Darren Sproles' season over after dual injuries on same play

Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles tore an ACL and broke an arm on the same play Sunday, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter.

Sproles is having surgery on his arm Monday and will require surgery on his knee, sources said. His season is over.

He was injured in the first half against the New York Giants following an awkward plant and hit from safety Darian Thompson. Trainers were originally looking at Sproles' knee, but he was able to walk off under his own power, holding his right arm in obvious pain as he headed indoors. Replays showed that Thompson's foot inadvertently hit Sproles on the arm.

The 34-year-old running back held a key role in the Eagles rotation. LeGarrette Blount and Wendell Smallwood received the bulk of the carries in his absence Sunday.

Sproles rushed for 61 yards this season on 15 carries. He also had seven receptions for 73 yards.

Comment

Yeah, my typical schedule is:
                • Tuesday (5 minutes): Take a quick look at the score board Tuesday morning and make my waiver wire claims, if any.
                • Wednesday (5 minutes): Take a look at the successful waiver wire claims and add/drops in the morning.
                • Thursday (1 minute): Scan my roster for Thursday games and make sure any guys I want playing tonight are in and to make sure anyone who is ruled out due to injury or whatever is out of my lineup. If they're "out", they're out of my lineup. If they're "doubtful", they're out of my lineup. If they're "questionable", its being called a game time decision and it's lower body(ankles, knees, hammy) they're probably out of my lineup, especially if I have a good replacement. If they're in concussion protocol I'll also probably sit them out.
                • Sunday (10 minutes): Scan my roster for injuries and interesting match ups. I then set my lineup and follow the same method as Thursday; starting guys who are in sweats on the sideline is embarrassing in my opinion because Yahoo has awesome up to date player notes.

Total time invested for the week: approx 20 minutes.

On the app it's quick to navigate all the menus and whatnot. It gives you all sorts of injury notifications on your phone. I don't use it but I keep it for notifications.
                You forgot:

Sunday - 1pm - 11:30pm Eastern - continuously check your Yahoo! Fantasy Sports App as it's blowing up from all the scores your guys are getting.

Seriously though, I do all those steps you mentioned weekly as well, although I do miss putting in waiver claims once in a while and get screwed because of it. I also liked it better when there was no Thursday games except for Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I feel bad for the old fantasy Sproles. Holy smokes, that must be a painful wake up today. I've done both knees, can't imagine breaking my arm on the same play! Tough guy, but he's a 34 yr old RB... I wonder if this is the end for him?
                  He should rehab, try to get back to 100% if it's possible and then ride off into the sunset. Coming back from an ACL at an age where most running backs have been retired for two or three years I'd say he's done. He had a really good career.

Comment

• Scoring is still down. I wonder if this is to stay or things will pick up? Either way it amazes me how often the two highest scoring teams in a week end up meeting in a show down. Damn Mack, if you have my same schedule you'd be 3-0 right now.

Comment

• Starting Cousin over Wilson bit me in the ass.... but Wilson had done nothing to prove he was going to have a game like that.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You'll feel that frustration pretty routinely because that happens a lot to everyone. I sat Dalvin Cook and he went off. He gave me no reason to sit him, I just overthought things. It stings ten times more when it leads to a loss and a million times more when you lose a playoff game because of it. lol

Just remember you're essentially trying to win by making over/under gut calls on each player on your extensive roster. It's tough, it's fun and some weeks you'll get it right and feel like the @#$%ing man!

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Starting Cousin over Wilson bit me in the ass.... but Wilson had done nothing to prove he was going to have a game like that.
                          I sat him in my other league as well... so of course he goes off for 33. Hate that guy and I hate the Shithawks.

Comment

• I like the weekly match-up recap feature. (I sure served up another heep of 'VL' for Mack-Daddy North 50.).

Is the feature new to yahoo fantasy football? Hopefully they carry it over to fantasy basketball.
                            RR OG

Comment

• Cody... Bro, you have three guys on your starting defense projected to score zero points. You have two kickers on roster and one of them is on injury reserve... But not on your injury reserve.

Have we lost you again or are you in this? Game time in in six hours, come on man.

Comment

Cody... Bro, you have three guys on your starting defense projected to score zero points. You have two kickers on roster and one of them is on injury reserve... But not on your injury reserve.

Have we lost you again or are you in this? Game time in in six hours, come on man.
                                I was asleep, dude. Going to set my lineups right now.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X