This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    The draft is this weekend guys. Fantasy Football has arrived!
    To confirm, it's Sunday Aug 27, correct? OP says Sat Aug 27. Sat Aug 26 would be even better, but I'll be there for either.

Comment

It's the 27th on Yahoo. I edited the OP so I don't cause any more confusion.

Comment

Edelman out with ACL. Too bad, so sad. More catches for Cooks comin' up!

Comment

So whose ready for the draft?
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

That was great. I got possibly a rookie RB1 in Cook, reclaimed Beast mode as a rental and landed a promising young WR in Corey Coleman.

Comment

I missed it. >.< Yay.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                I missed it. >.< Yay.
                You missing the draft was certainly a key factor and me having one of my best drafts ever. I think this one rivals the year I got Le'Veon Bell.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  You missing the draft was certainly a key factor and me having one of my best drafts ever. I think this one rivals the year I got Le'Veon Bell.
                  I got distracted by The Office.... I've been rewatching the show.
                  Axel wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I got distracted by The Office.... I've been rewatching the show.
                    You posted in here 5 mins before the draft went live, how the heck did you end up missing it?!

It really sucks missing a draft in dynasty. I missed the initial draft in this league and I've been paying for it ever since. I'm pretty sure MJD my my inaugural first pick, right when he got injured and went on to do nothing afterwards. Even making the 5 picks most of us do in the draft each year now is crucial.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      You posted in here 5 mins before the draft went live, how the heck did you end up missing it?!

It really sucks missing a draft in dynasty. I missed the initial draft in this league and I've been paying for it ever since. I'm pretty sure MJD my my inaugural first pick, right when he got injured and went on to do nothing afterwards. Even making the 5 picks most of us do in the draft each year now is crucial.
                      Cody's autodraft is the only reason that Apollo got Cook, who could be a huge asset for years to come.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Cody's autodraft is the only reason that Apollo got Cook, who could be a huge asset for years to come.
                        Let's be honest, Cody was going with Poe no matter who was on the board.

I was debating between Cook and McCaffrey before the draft but my laptop kept shutting down, so I had to make the tough choice without fully scouting both. I think McCaffrey will be great since it's PPR though.

Comment

Let's be honest, Cody was going with Poe no matter who was on the board.

I was debating between Cook and McCaffrey before the draft but my laptop kept shutting down, so I had to make the tough choice without fully scouting both. I think McCaffrey will be great since it's PPR though.
                          McCaffrey would have been my call between those two, but he'll lose out goalline touches to Stewart and Newton. I think Cook is still stuck in a committee for the next couple of seasons (with Latavius Murray). Mixon is the guy that I see with the highest ceiling of the group, so I was happy to take him at 3.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Mack, based on Yahoo's assessment you've arrived. That A- grade is a ringing endorsement. I look forward to the Keeper league rivalry starting up this season in Dynasty. You have built a nice team but is it nice enough to drop the Creeds? Hard to say.

I agree 100% on the draft comment. I personally have had A LOT of draft failures. I mean my 2015 & 2016 first rounders were busts and that's only the tip of the iceberg but through all of that I've hit grand slam homers on guys like LeVeon Bell & Mike Evans. If I didn't show up to the drafts with a plan then I would have never landed those guys and I wouldn't have two Chips and three 3rd place finishes.

All that said, I get my real gold on the WW. Its dicey in this league though because you only get three moves per week and you're dealing with a FAAB budget on top of that. Mismanagement can easily lead to you fielding a starting lineup with guys who aren't even playing that week. Good management can lead to you being in position to pick up total studs for peanuts.

Comment

Cody, here's a freebie for you and James: the WW opens tomorrow. "Week 1" doesn't start until next Monday and so this week, starting tomorrow, is three free moves before the season starts. Free in the sense that you get those moves before the season starts and not free in the sense that they don't count against FAAB because that's only true if you bid $0.

So for a team who missed the draft I would imagine tomorrow is a pretty important day for you. I see all sorts of studs on there. If only I had the roster space...

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                McCaffrey would have been my call between those two, but he'll lose out goalline touches to Stewart and Newton. I think Cook is still stuck in a committee for the next couple of seasons (with Latavius Murray). Mixon is the guy that I see with the highest ceiling of the group, so I was happy to take him at 3.
                                Yea, Mixon should be good, but he's already a dick and now he's on the Bengals. Guys like Pac-Man and Burfict will be great role models for him! As a Ravens fan, I'm sure you're thrilled.

Stewart won't be around much longer and Cam will soon change his running ways, they already want him to. I see a lot of receiving TD's to come for McCaffrey.

Comment

Working...
                                X