This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    It was a different league then, not nearly as many “Hinkie rebuild” teams and no super teams. The landscape has changed a fair bit since then and it makes it harder to find interested partners. I haven’t made a deal all season and frankly the only offer I’ve received (about 6 times) is one that I have zero interest in making, so I don’t expect any deals before the deadline either.
    Yeah, I feel like I'm the only one on the dancefloor.

Comment

• Cody, I'm not sure how many times we need to do this dance, but you cannot drop a player without picking up a new player. Lol
      Ersan has been added back onto your team.

Comment

• Millsap is finally back! He's got 7 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks with a game-high +12 at halftime
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Cody, I'm not sure how many times we need to do this dance, but you cannot drop a player without picking up a new player. Lol
          Ersan has been added back onto your team.
          Beyond the rule, what strategy is he implementing when he drops players and doesn't add anyone?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Beyond the rule, what strategy is he implementing when he drops players and doesn't add anyone?
            Tanking.
            RR OG

Comment

Ensuring less players in the lineup = better chance of losing. Also called TANKING!

Comment

I get Cody's pick if it is outside the top 3.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Ensuring less players in the lineup = better chance of losing. Also called TANKING!
                  James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                  Tanking.
                  In most cases, yes. What does Cody get from doing it? Cody doesn't own a pick in 2018.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I get Cody's pick if it is outside the top 3.
                    Inactivity impacted the lotto last year as well.

If a team doesn't have a pick and isn't in the playoff hunt then what are they playing for and why are they checking in?

One idea to combat inactivity is to take 50% of a team's next year FAAB budget for every incident after a three strike warning system. FAAB of course is used at the FA auction and on regular season bids and so it hurts a lot.

For even greater impact, that FAAB could (give or take) be evenly distributed to the other 15 teams.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 28, 2018, 11:09 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Inactivity impacted the lotto last year as well.

One idea to combat inactivity is to take 50% of a team's next year FAAB budget for every incident after a three strike warning system. FAAB of course is used at the FA auction and on regular season bids and so it hurts a lot. If a team doesn't have a pick and isn't in the playoff hunt then what are they playing for and why are they checking in?
                      But Cody keeps his pick if he lands in the top 3. This is textbook tanking, not lotto-adjacent inactivity.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        But Cody keeps his pick if he lands in the top 3. This is textbook tanking, not lotto-adjacent inactivity.
                        No he doesn't. This bet is between you and Miek. Miek gains if Cody bombs. Cody has no stake and here is probably where the issue stems.

Comment

In most cases, yes. What does Cody get from doing it? Cody doesn't own a pick in 2018.
                          He may have struck a deal with the picks owner behind doors. Who knows, but not knowing/following the simple rule we've gone over like 5 times shouldn't really continue to be excused.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            He may have struck a deal with the picks owner behind doors. Who knows, but not knowing/following the simple rule we've gone over like 5 times shouldn't really continue to be excused.
                            Well the guy he cut is on waivers right now, not playing for an NBA team for at least a few days but I agree with you. What do you think of my idea or something like that idea?

Comment

• I cut Ersan to add Emeka Okafor...... did I do it the wrong way again? >.<

EDIT: I went ahead and did it the right way this time. Might as well drop a guy whose not playing for one who is.
                              Last edited by Cody73; Wed Feb 28, 2018, 11:24 AM.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You never need to hit drop. Anytime you opt to add someone you'll be required to drop someone before the system will allow the transaction. Too bad the drop button can't be disabled.

Comment

Working...
                                X