Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Points League aka. FPL (Fantasy Points League)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    How will player retention work Apollo? Will this be redraft? Should our draftees be valued on future growth as well?

Cause I am stupid I made a huge excel sheet and set the formulas, chose 50 players to get a baseline on value, entered all the data, went to Yahoo to set draft priority, and saw that the 2 hours before was wasted life. The math shown in Yahoo is based on the formulas already.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Since it’s a beta run, I sure as heck don’t want a retention built into this year. Future years, I’m good either way.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Since it’s a beta run, I sure as heck don’t want a retention built into this year. Future years, I’m good either way.
      Yes, and the draft is auto. Just wondering for later. I am bored, and this new

Comment

We have ten teams, I'm happy with that for the test run and so I switched the league to ready. The draft could happen anytime over the next 72 hours. I personally didn't do pre ranks and now it won't let me but oh well, I'll let fate decide my team.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Axel nailed it. This is a test run and I don't even think we'll carry over the history. All that is guaranteed is your positions in the league.

I am open to having this as some sort of keeper format. I just don't want this to be locking horns with Dynasty in particular. That league is awesome and unique and should maintain its unique status.

One idea is a keeper where you can keep X number of players. The cost of the keeper is the original round you drafted the player in (ie: if you drafted Russ Westbrook back in the day in round six and you've been keeping him since then, you've been forfeiting a sixth round pick each year to keep him.

Another idea is doing a keeper like RR NFL Keeper where you may keep up to five players but for each keeper you forfeit a pick, starting at round one and working your way back to round five for each subsequent keeper you choose to keep. This format has been a big success and is entering its ninth season this September

These two are only compatible with a snaking format draft. If we go with an auction draft, one idea would be to assign keeper values in the amount of the cost to first acquire a player at the auction. As such any WW pick up would not be eligible for keeping.
          Last edited by Apollo; Sat Mar 3, 2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Axel nailed it. This is a test run and I don't even think we'll carry over the history. All that is guaranteed is your positions in the league.

I am open to having this as some sort of keeper format. I just don't want this to be locking horns with Dynasty in particular. That league is awesome and unique and should maintain its unique status.

One idea is a keeper where you can keep X number of players. The cost of the keeper is the original round you drafted the player in (ie: if you drafted Russ Westbrook back in the day in round six and you've been keeping him since then, you've been forfeiting a sixth round pick each year to keep him.

Another idea is doing a keeper like RR NFL Keeper where you may keep up to five players but for each keeper you forfeit a pick, starting at round one and working your way back to round five for each subsequent keeper you choose to keep. This format has been a big success and is entering its ninth season this September

These two are only compatible with a snaking format draft. If we go with an auction draft, one idea would be to assign keeper values in the amount of the cost to first acquire a player at the auction. As such any WW pick up would not be eligible for keeping.
            I’m not a fan of leagues where you keep a player at the cost of the same round for years to come. It can really skew teams if they manage to really hit a home run pick later on, and can have years of impact.

NFL keeper league style would be good but I’m also open to complete redraft as well.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

How about keepers based on auction value acquired? We could say that when you want to cut ties you're penalized for the following season by that same value(aka. dead money) if the player is a keeper. We could cap the keepers at up to five.

So for example, let's say you won Russ for $60 and then kept him, the keeper cost is $60 and comes off your auction value the next draft when you keep him( and all future drafts he's kept). Now let's say he's 32 and blows his ACL. You no longer want to keep him and so you cut ties. The next draft you're still penalized $60 and have to carry that burden for a full season before you're rid of it for good... Or you could trade him and let someone else deal with that.
              Last edited by Apollo; Sat Mar 3, 2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a franchise tag. 5 players on your team get the tag and the rest go into the draft. Let's a team build a core, and promotes a lot of roster movement

I also prefer snake drafts to auction drafts

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

i like the keeper idea more than dynasty franchise tags. we have that already, we need something with more turnover in the RR Fantasy!
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Apollo check ur pm's please.
                    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

So the draft happened. I got the Unicorn and Fultz because I didn't pre-rank. lol

Something I'd like you guys to think about over these next 2-4 weeks is the question: does moving away from positions work? You'll note that you never need to worry about how many guards, forwards or centers you need. You'll also note that you never need to set your lineups. Does that work?

Comment

I thought the draft was going to happen tomorrow. Whoops!

I like the idea that we don't have to set our line ups in this league. But turnovers can cost you in this league.. so at times it might be beneficial to bench someone to avoid losing. On the other hand efficiency doesn't matter in this league either. So I doubt one simple cat like TO would impact a win/loss that much.

My favourite thing about fantasy other than the draft is trades. Hope that this league would generate some trade buzz. A keeper system of some kind could do that. An auction draft however could be pretty time consuming if the goal is to have 20 teams.

As for position-less teams. That seems really intriguing.

Comment

i got harden.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i got harden.
                            For the first time ever in fantasy I got Steph Curry. I was really happy for you but too bad he's just a rental. lol

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I thought the draft was going to happen tomorrow. Whoops!

I like the idea that we don't have to set our line ups in this league. But turnovers can cost you in this league.. so at times it might be beneficial to bench someone to avoid losing. On the other hand efficiency doesn't matter in this league either. So I doubt one simple cat like TO would impact a win/loss that much.

My favourite thing about fantasy other than the draft is trades. Hope that this league would generate some trade buzz. A keeper system of some kind could do that. An auction draft however could be pretty time consuming if the goal is to have 20 teams.

As for position-less teams. That seems really intriguing.
                              20 teams x 10 teams = 200 players. You're right, that would be a long time but snaking drafts usually give you a minute per pick. The only way to cut the time would be to have keepers because they automatically come off the top.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                For the first time ever in fantasy I got Steph Curry. I was really happy for you but too bad he's just a rental. lol
                                follow my footsteps and trade him for marcus smart, and jared sullinger

Comment

Working...
                                X