X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robb0
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Been trying to play at least once, if not twice a week, since the beginning of COVID. Before that was just a handful of times a year at best going back to early 2000's.

New clubs for this year:

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max - Love this beast!

Irons - PING G425 4i-PW - very solid set of irons, didn't take long to get used to them. Love having a 4i in the bag again, hitting it 210 on average. Feels more controllable than a hybrid or wood.

Putter - Odyssey TRI-HOT 5K double wide - still getting used to the blade style putter, but the feel is amazing.

Just added the Arccos sensors to my grips as well. Only 2 rounds in, but it's pretty damn accurate and awesome.. Much easier than pulling out the phone for after each hole and plugging shots in on The Grint, but I do that still anyhow just to be safe and keep the handicap going with my buddies.

Started last season with a 24 or 25 hdcp, have it down to 16.7 right now.

What does everyone else play??
    If you like TRI-HOT 5k, try Mizuno OMOI at one point. Absolutely amazing putter More expensive sadly, but well worth it IMO

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Been trying to play at least once, if not twice a week, since the beginning of COVID. Before that was just a handful of times a year at best going back to early 2000's.

New clubs for this year:

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max - Love this beast!

Irons - PING G425 4i-PW - very solid set of irons, didn't take long to get used to them. Love having a 4i in the bag again, hitting it 210 on average. Feels more controllable than a hybrid or wood.

Putter - Odyssey TRI-HOT 5K double wide - still getting used to the blade style putter, but the feel is amazing.

Just added the Arccos sensors to my grips as well. Only 2 rounds in, but it's pretty damn accurate and awesome.. Much easier than pulling out the phone for after each hole and plugging shots in on The Grint, but I do that still anyhow just to be safe and keep the handicap going with my buddies.

Started last season with a 24 or 25 hdcp, have it down to 16.7 right now.

What does everyone else play??

Leave a comment:

• Olive00
    replied
    I've always wanted to play golf. It always seemed like fun for rich men, but I'm not. But someday I'll definitely try.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Greatest Athlete of All Time. The GAAT

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Can't believe I missed it...
    What the heck were you doing?! Geez Mack. You had one job to do.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Can't believe I missed it...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    TIGER WOODS!!! Fuck ya!!

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    yep...his saturday made up for toronto's collective failures.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Tiger Woods y'all!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Happy Masters Weekend everyone! With the Playoffs Starting as well, it's a great time to be a sports fan!

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

I see you SJ. Kijiji doesn't have much here in Calgary, I've been scouring quite a bit. I am leaning gently used though f'n Nice and New looks to be an expensive combination..found these TaylorMade R11 irons at golf town for $387, they are good for intermediate players and were made in 2011..https://www.golftownpreowned.com/en/...-set-tm-s12705
    Thats a good set Keon. Used is always the way to go with clubs...I'd suggest however, a slight fitting for grips. Get new grips anyhow but have the guy at Golftown fit the grimps for you...I have large hands so I use 1.5 wraps under my grips...makes a world of difference.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post

yeah, good clubs, fitted, won't make you better, but they will help you maximize what you can do. No doubt about it.
    I see you SJ. Kijiji doesn't have much here in Calgary, I've been scouring quite a bit. I am leaning gently used though f'n Nice and New looks to be an expensive combination..found these TaylorMade R11 irons at golf town for $387, they are good for intermediate players and were made in 2011..https://www.golftownpreowned.com/en/...-set-tm-s12705

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Ya, I had playing with the same clubs for 15 years probably (and they were my dads before that) until last season when I got a set of the Wilson Staff D200 Irons on clearance at GolfTown, and then the Taylor Made M2 Driver for a decent price as well. Makes a world of difference, love those Irons, and Wilson Staff are pretty bottom of the barrel in terms of price.
    yeah, good clubs, fitted, won't make you better, but they will help you maximize what you can do. No doubt about it.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    I just sent Keon 2 killer links.... bah...dead to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X