• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the worst day of my life...

Spurs above Arsenal...

Comment

• Summer spending is over.

English clubs spent ~£900m.

As an Arsenal fan, this is my last post about this transfer window. Jeez.
      Last edited by rocwell; Tue Sep 1, 2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• The World Soccer Thread

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Summer spending is over.

English clubs spent ~£900m.

As an Arsenal fan, this is my last post about this transfer window. Jeez.
        It's crazy how Tottenham got so many transfers done and are still net negatives.

And some of the fees are just ridiculous... Raheem Sterling at £49m? Come on
        Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Tue Sep 1, 2015, 06:04 PM.
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Even when I have £150m budget in Football Manager I don't spend that much money... And my team won the Treble 5 years and counting!!
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            It's crazy how Tottenham got so many transfers done and are still net negatives.

And some of the fees are just ridiculous... Raheem Sterling at £49m? Come on
            Raheem sums up modern football, but damn, Man City look really strong.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Raheem sums up modern football, but damn, Man City look really strong.
              What does he bring that they couldn't have gotten elsewhere, probably much cheaper?

(Other than the fact he's a homegrown player)

Comment

What does he bring that they couldn't have gotten elsewhere, probably much cheaper?

(Other than the fact he's a homegrown player)
                Not much tbh, but that lightning speed and Silva + Sterling is worth every damn penny.

English players are crazy expensive, especially in this volatile market.

Comment

Not much tbh, but that lightning speed and Silva + Sterling is worth every damn penny.

English players are crazy expensive, especially in this volatile market.
                  Probably because of that homegrown player rule... How's it working out for the national team? Hahaha

Comment

Probably because of that homegrown player rule... How's it working out for the national team? Hahaha
                    wut?

Comment

• The World Soccer Thread

It's a rule in the premier league where teams must have at least 8 homegrown players on their rosters (players who have played/trained for 3+ years before their 21st birthday on any FA affiliated team).

A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).

Comment

It's a rule in the premier league where teams must have at least 8 homegrown players on their rosters (players who have played/trained for 3+ years before their 21st birthday on any FA affiliated team).
                        Yup yup. I didn't quite get your question.

It's too early to judge tbh. In my mind, home-grown player rule is a good first step towards helping the three lions, but it's not enough. Only time will tell if footballs coming home lol. Today's three lions are too selfish to win anything. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Iceland is on top of their Euro qualifying group with 18 points in 7 games, and the Netherlands are in 3rd, only 1 point ahead of Turkey and in serious danger of missing the tournament. In another group, Slovakia is undefeated.

The Euros are going to be fun
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Iceland is on top of their Euro qualifying group with 18 points in 7 games, and the Netherlands are in 3rd, only 1 point ahead of Turkey and in serious danger of missing the tournament. In another group, Slovakia is undefeated.

The Euros are going to be fun
                            I hate watching Turkey on TV. Always something fishy.. anyway.. who's your favourite to win the euros?

Comment

I hate watching Turkey on TV. Always something fishy.. anyway.. who's your favourite to win the euros?
                              I am cheering for Belgium, but it's hard to pick someone to defeat Germany. We could be seeing a run for them a la Spain 2008-2012 when they won 2 Euros and a World Cup.

And I do hope someone like Iceland or Wales makes a run. That would be fun.

And in qualifying news, Netherlands are now out of the top 3 (haha), and all the Scandinavian countries are making good runs (Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden are all in good spots, with Finland very close to one).
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Belgium's starting XI is really really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X