Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Practice squad player.

Deon Sanders mentioned that not only did this practice squad player dare to coming over wielding a bat into where the Giant players were stretching but he threatened Beckham, telling him that the Panthers were going to end his career. Do you think that's ordinary and untargeted?

They need to look at pre-game and post game actions of the Panthers. It didn't end when the game started and it didn't end when the game ended.
    Well I'd like to hear from more than just Deion before passing judgement. Wouldn't be the first pregame interaction that crossed the line but how common is it? I don't know.

The actions of the Panthers, however, did stop between the whistles. So for all the posturing and bravado, they played the game within the rules. Can't say the same for Beckham. I agree that it's need more investigation but at this point, only what happened on the field can we really say for sure as "beyond normal".
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Didn't watch the game but if you read the article linked a few posts back it mentioned Josh Norman pulling some stuff and not getting flagged.

In regards to the anti gay stuff, more people are saying it besides Prime Time. We'll get more by tomorrow, I am sure. My point was and is that what Beckham did makes no sense if you put the blinders on and don't dig deeper: Yeah, he freaked out because he was being guarded so well... But wait, doesn't he have to overcome a defensive game plan focused on him every week? It didn't make sense and not rushing to conclusions on a couple highlights was a good call. Now he looks like a young guy who lost his cool because of harassment as opposed the whole spoiled brat who didn't get what he wanted and threw a tantrum angle.

And again, I'm not defending his actions but Norman is no angel and sounds like he had something coming his way. It should have been a complaint to league office, just like what happened in the appeal.

Comment

• 6 players are injured on my fantasy team. 6 very important players for my team. Happy Fantasy Finals to me.

Comment

• HOF WR Cris Carter on the whole Beckham thing:
          Odell did have a couple of encounters before the game, verbally, and there was a conversation with a practice squad player who did have a bat. Now, if Odell felt threatened, it's not a matter if he felt threatened, it is just part of the information to the story. Now, I don't think he felt threatened for his life. If he did, he wouldn't have been talking to Cam [Newton] before the game. You know, he would have been acting a different way. But there were things said to him about the bat. There were things said to him as far as what they were going to do to him. They were going to try to end his career. There were some things, some gay, homophobic things that were said to him ... Now, that is not just report, that's true. I can confirm all that being true ... I think that was just part of the trash-talking and they referred to him in several different ways, called him a couple of different names, said he was a ballerina, said he was just about the flash, and they were going to take the wood to him.
          http://www.businessinsider.com/chris...ham-jr-2015-12

rocwell wrote: View Post
          6 players are injured on my fantasy team. 6 very important players for my team. Happy Fantasy Finals to me.
          Sounds like you had a rough go of it but overcame it regardless. Good going. Did you know we have fantasy leagues here at RR?

Rough year for me in terms of injuries. I do have a squad in the finals with a legit chance at a title but Gurley has a rough matchup and I'm weighing whether I start him or not...

Comment

• Haha:

Comment

• Pats...

Comment

• Falcons take the Panthers down a notch. Probably the best thing that could of happened to them in getting ready for the playoffs.

Comment

• Chip is out. Word is its due to him forcing everyone out last year to take full control and then failing miserably this season.

Comment

Chip is out. Word is its due to him forcing everyone out last year to take full control and then failing miserably this season.
                    Lurie is smart. Dude is all business. Fucking billionaires

Comment

Chip is out. Word is its due to him forcing everyone out last year to take full control and then failing miserably this season.
                      Year too late for the Eagles though. Lost a ton of talent under Kelly.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• They added some too. I'd be more worried about DeMarco Murray's contract.

Comment

They added some too. I'd be more worried about DeMarco Murray's contract.
                          Other than Murray, who did they really add to the skill positions?

Comment

• As a Cowboys fan, I was looking forward to him messing them up for another year or two. It's unfortunate he won't be back!

Apparently 3 teams have already expressed interest as of late last night. I wonder if Tennessee is one of them? Could make sense as coach there, with Mariotta at QB.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              As a Cowboys fan, I was looking forward to him messing them up for another year or two. It's unfortunate he won't be back!

Apparently 3 teams have already expressed interest as of late last night. I wonder if Tennessee is one of them? Could make sense as coach there, with Mariotta at QB.
                              I think Tennessee and Miami both are vacant with several others likely opening up. Tennessee makes a fair bit of sense.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Lurie is smart. Dude is all business. Fucking billionaires
                                When ownership/board/shareholders give a CEO full control and allow him to completely change the business only to fire him a year later cause said CEO fucked things up royally, that leads me to believe perhaps the ownership/board/shareholders aren't all that smart. What happened in Philly is entirely ownership's fault.

It's also a lesson for all those fans out there pining for the next coaching genius to ride in with shining armour and a white steed to save the day....

EDIT: It's also a good example of the Peter Principle.
                                Last edited by slaw; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X