No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am upset, but no way I want to spend 30M plus for David Price. I would do up to 20-22 Million a year, but not this much. I would risk this much for King Felix, but not David Price. David can guarantee you a playoff appearance, but while in the playoffs, the curse lives on. David pitching against righties in Fenway and he gives them a fly ball?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      So I guess Stro-show is our #1?
      I would think there is still a possibility for a trade. Cleveland has some good young pitchers that Mr S. can hopefully negotiate a good deal for. Not real #1s but at least a 2. If the bullpen is upgraded then consistent 6-7 inning starts could work like with the Royals.

Comment

• The Mets need bats (Cespedes and Murphy are FA) and they have LOTS of young pitching. We have bats and we could use another pitcher. We could trade with them as well.

The Indians need an everyday outfielder as their best one is hurt and won't be back till May or maybe June. We have a lot of everyday outfielders (Revere, Pillar, Pompey, Bautista, Saunders)

Winter meetings start Dec 7th..
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
          I am upset, but no way I want to spend 30M plus for David Price. I would do up to 20-22 Million a year, but not this much. I would risk this much for King Felix, but not David Price. David can guarantee you a playoff appearance, but while in the playoffs, the curse lives on. David pitching against righties in Fenway and he gives them a fly ball?
          I would've coughed up the dough, fully knowing Price could be washed up by year 4+ of the contract. But had we made just 1 World Series appearance in that time, it would be totally worth it.

Comment

• I have a feeling Shapiro is gonna spend fixing the pen.

He wants Lowe back, he also is interested in Madson from what I've heard..... and there are some other good relief guys left.

The rel issue is that the new GM were getting won't be the GM. He'll just be it in name. Shapiro is running things, and from what we've seen.... this is gonna be like Cleveland almost exact.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              But the money they threw at two guys equals Price and both will likely win roughly the same in twice the starts while taking two starting spots one which could go to Sanchez or Osuna
              How is $48 million the same as $217? Is that the new age math they teach in schools now?

Signing Dickey for one-year and Happ to 3 is a far cry from guaranteeing a guy $31 million for each of the next 7 years.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                The Mets need bats (Cespedes and Murphy are FA) and they have LOTS of young pitching. We have bats and we could use another pitcher. We could trade with them as well.

The Indians need an everyday outfielder as their best one is hurt and won't be back till May or maybe June. We have a lot of everyday outfielders (Revere, Pillar, Pompey, Bautista, Saunders)

Let's send the Mets Dickey for Syndergaard and D'Arnaud!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Ya this "we're going to be opportunistic" didn't really sit well with me ... Pretty disappointed so far.
                  I'm pretty meh on everything so far this winter. Obviously, the Bautista, EE, Dickey stuff was a no-brainer. But the Estrada deal seems a little rich for a guy with draft pick compensation hung around his neck, though, it isn't a terrible deal if he can keep breaking FIP. The Chavez thing was fine I guess but Hendricks was a solid relief option so that's another hole created. I'm not opposed to the Happ deal per se but it's one thing to have a great second half in a contract year in the NL and it's another thing entirely to do it for 30 starts in the AL East.

Thing is, the lineup is so, so good that it automatically makes them contenders. The bullpen looks pretty good to me with Cecil, Sanchez and Osuna anchoring the group and the defense is very good. The rotation is average but that might be good enough. Stroman/Estrada/Dickey/Happ/Chavez/Hutchison. It's still pretty thin. I'd think they'd need at least one more arm unless they are going to throw Sanchez into the mix and look at BP help.

Comment

• Who gives a flying shit how much we needed to pay the guy, there's no salary cap in baseball. Big deal of ticket prices might go up some, just watch it at home.

I really wish AA was around to continue to build a winner. The way things are going, the Jays are likely stuck in mediocrity through this Shapiro era.

Comment

• Is that rotation good enough to win in the post-season though, if/when our bats dry up?

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        The Mets need bats (Cespedes and Murphy are FA) and they have LOTS of young pitching. We have bats and we could use another pitcher. We could trade with them as well.

Revere makes sense cause he's expensive and he isn't really necessary. I'd be fine with rolling out Saunders/Pompey in left given the rest of the lineup. I think there is likely something to the Cleveland rumours though there would be more guys involved likely.

Bautista/EE/Tulo aren't going anywhere cause they are all 10/5 guys. Donaldson and Martin aren't being traded. You need both Goins and Travis and it would be nice to have both Colabello and Smoak back.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Who gives a flying shit how much we needed to pay the guy, there's no salary cap in baseball. Big deal of ticket prices might go up some, just watch it at home.
                          While I agree in principle, we should remember that the Jays have a self-imposed cap.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Is that rotation good enough to win in the post-season though, if/when our bats dry up?
                            probably not if the bats dry up. Having said that, Stroman looks legit and Estrada somehow gets guys out. Might be enough. Need to see the season play out a little bit I think.... and I am not sure they are done yet, so I'm reserving judgment.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Let's send the Mets Dickey for Syndergaard and D'Arnaud!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Revere makes sense cause he's expensive and he isn't really necessary. I'd be fine with rolling out Saunders/Pompey in left given the rest of the lineup. I think there is likely something to the Cleveland rumours though there would be more guys involved likely.

Bautista/EE/Tulo aren't going anywhere cause they are all 10/5 guys. Donaldson and Martin aren't being traded. You need both Goins and Travis and it would be nice to have both Colabello and Smoak back.
                                Revere makes sense for us.. probably not for Cleveland and your going to have give up something good to get something good back. I think they might listen to a Pillar and a prospect swap for one of Corasco or Salazar if Lacava wants go starting pitcher route.

If Cleveland says no to us on the outfieder for SP swap then an option is to move Sanchez to the rotation from the bullpen and then look to get via trade or FA a couple of late inning type relievers. Its such a crap shoot on relievers though from one year to the next. Delebar was an all star and now he is waaay down the depth chart only a full year later...

We have that high octane offense in place for one more year(this one) so the fan in me hopes they get one more piece in place in the rotation or as late inning under pressure relief guy.
                                We got Osuna and Cecil and maybe then resign Lowe and then find a Hochevar type guy for the pen or grit your teeth and try to pick up one of Gallardo or maybe Leake and stick with Sanchez+Cecil as the setup guys to Osuna.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X