Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Honeslty, F*ck Shapiro...

Seems to be talking more about the "Fan Experience" at the Skydome more than he is talking about fielding a Championship Calibre team. He's more worried about Drawing Fans to the Skydome with gimmicky perks, than drawing them to the Skydome with a Top-Tier team. Not to mention, he's basically already put a hold on getting real grass into the Skydome.
    It's actually incredible...I mean, did these guys not see the attendance spike when the team started to win?

"Fan Experience"...lol...winning is what fans want to experience. It's really all we care about.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      It's actually incredible...I mean, did these guys not see the attendance spike when the team started to win?

"Fan Experience"...lol...winning is what fans want to experience. It's really all we care about.
      Pretty sure Jays fans aren't going to like small market Baseball

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure Jays fans aren't going to like small market Baseball
        Jays fans have had small market baseball for the better part of 20 years. I think they've already made pretty clear how they feel about it by the amount of fans at the park.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Jays fans have had small market baseball for the better part of 20 years. I think they've already made pretty clear how they feel about it by the amount of fans at the park.
          They spent money it just couldn't throw strikes ( Romero ) or was made of glass ( Morrow, Johnson, Maicer ) or clearly couldn't bend down ( Reyes ). Not sure Cleveland or Oakland North is a good idea

Comment

• We added another guy today and a few minor-league pitchers.

So far, it seems to team wants to go with "low-risk, high-reward" guys.

I bet were gonna get someone like a Lincecum here.....
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Dumpster diving 2.0

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                Dumpster diving 2.0
                One of the pickup is an American who was playing in the Japanese Minor Leagues. Jays are working up to the dumpster

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                  Dumpster diving 2.0
                  Ridiculous.

Comment

• Just got sucked into a youtube hole and watched this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imRhlUpE36Y

Man oh man. Great, great times.

Been a frustrating offseason so far, easy to forget how much fun that team was. Haven't thought about Pillar in awhile. He was just bonkers during the tail end of the season; looking forward to seeing if he keeps it up.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Another addition was made today, and I'm just wanting to laugh.

A AAA guy who's looked okay in 19 games for Oakland as a reliever? Okay.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Another addition was made today, and I'm just wanting to laugh.

I can only assume that Rogers has put a firm limit on spending (meaning none and could be even a reduction). If true the abysmal condition of the exchange rate probably has a lot to do with it. Consider the payroll just going up by more than 40% now without actually adding any payroll $.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Another addition was made today, and I'm just wanting to laugh.

Um, you guys realize that every single fucking team in MLB makes these moves, right? Like, you need to field a AAA team, a AA team and a 25 man roster in MLB. You need guys and not all 75 of them are going to be stars.

Comment

• Fernando Rodney being mentioned as a possible signing. Not a huge fan anymore, but he did have a good showing when he was traded to the Cubs last season.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Fernando Rodney being mentioned as a possible signing. Not a huge fan anymore, but he did have a good showing when he was traded to the Cubs last season.
                              I just remembered a line a friend dropped when watching a game....me: wonder why Rodney wears his cap kinda sideways Steve: Cause Rodney's neck swivels real hard when the Jays launch his pitches to left field.

Bada bing.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                I just remembered a line a friend dropped when watching a game....me: wonder why Rodney wears his cap kinda sideways Steve: Cause Rodney's neck swivels real hard when the Jays launch his pitches to left field.

Bada bing.
                                Bada Boom! No need to worry about F Rod now.

WASHINGTON -- The Nationals accommodated reliever Drew Storen on Friday night, trading him to the American League East champion Blue Jays for outfielder Ben Revere.

Storen, 28, had sought a deal, having lost his closer role in late July when the Nationals acquired Jonathan Papelbon from Philadelphia.

Storen had converted 29 of 30 save chances and had a 1.73 ERA when the Nats got Papelbon. Shifted to an eighth-inning role following that deal, Storen struggled and finished the season with a 3.44 ERA without another save.

He is 21-13 with 95 saves and a 3.02 ERA in six major league seasons, all with the Nationals. He had a 1.12 ERA in 65 games in 2014.

Drew Storen got the trade he had been seeking when the Nationals dealt him to the Blue Jays on Friday night. Tommy Gilligan/USA TODAY Sports
                                For all his success in the Washington bullpen, Storen also was tagged with two big blown saves in the playoffs.

Storen failed to close out St. Louis in the ninth inning of the deciding Game 5 in the 2012 NL Division Series, and he let a ninth-inning lead slip away in Game 2 of the 2014 NLDS against San Francisco.

Storen joins a Toronto relief corps that relied on Roberto Osuna as the main closer last year. At 20, Osuna led the team with 20 saves.

Revere, 27, figures to take over the center field and leadoff job that Denard Span held. Span signed with San Francisco this week as a free agent.

Revere has hit better than .300 in each of the past three seasons. He batted a combined .306 for the Phillies and Toronto last year, with a .342 on-base percentage and 31 stolen bases.

The Nationals had hoped to boost their offense from the left side of the plate in the offseason. Coming off a disappointing second-place finish in the NL East, they recently signed free-agent second baseman Daniel Murphy; Murphy and Revere both bat left-handed.

Revere led the NL with 184 hits in 2014 with the Phillies. In six seasons with Minnesota, Philadelphia and Toronto, he has hit .295 with 176 steals.

The Nationals also will receive a player to be named later, and the Blue Jays will receive cash considerations.
                                Sad to see Revere gone, but it was pretty much inevitable given the current landscape of the Toronto Indians. At least we got a solid reliever in exchange for him. 28 years old and a proven closer, but we'll see what he can do in the AL East. Finally a move I am not miffed at! WOO HOO!

Comment

Working...
                                X