The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Joe Biagini is a CONSTANT joker. Its hilarious .. most of the time. Sometimes super awkward. Lol
    Always super awkward haha that's what makes the interviews so great. He doesn't GAF!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Josh Donaldson will go down as the greatest Blue Jay of all time. That man is a beast.
      Ayyyyy that's high praise, not sure how old you are but I've seen the last 27 years or so. He's got a few to climb over, potential is there though. His defense coupled with his bat is something to behold!

Comment

• and the BoSox go down in a sweep....
        the Indians are a pretty formidable team....
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Toronto vs Cleveland................again.

We have the MVP on our side this time though.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Toronto vs Cleveland................again.

We have the MVP on our side this time though.
            Yeah... going to be a good series.
            Cleveland is a solid fundamentally sound team without a list of big name players. Helluva bullpen and the SS Lindor is going to be a star if he isn't one already.
            The Jays as you say have the reigning MVP and a longer list of star players. (Jose / Edwin / Tulo / Martin)
            Sounds a lot like the Raps vs Cavs last May.
            Hoping history repeats itself and the team with the AL MVP and a supporting cast of stars moves on.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Oct 11, 2016, 04:20 PM.
            - TGO

Comment

• It's basically us VS Baltimore without having to deal with big power again.

We got this in 6, guys.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                It's basically us VS Baltimore without having to deal with big power again.

We got this in 6, guys.
                The tribe has much better starting pitching than Baltimore....Kluber, Bauer and Tomlin....
                Lower power for sure
                Arguably equal bullpens (Baltimore and Cleveland)

If the Jays bats stay productive ...Jays in 6 or 7....
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Yeah... going to be a good series.
                  Cleveland is a solid fundamentally sound team without a list of big name players. Helluva bullpen and the SS Lindor is going to be a star if he isn't one already.
                  The Jays as you say have the reigning MVP and a longer list of star players. (Jose / Edwin / Tulo / Martin)
                  Sounds a lot like the Raps vs Cavs last May.
                  Hoping history repeats itself and the team with the AL MVP and a supporting cast of stars moves on.
                  How much of that is Shapiro responsible for? Honest question, as I don't really know much about the [Insert Derogatory Term for First Nations peoples]. Lol That was a Jerry Howarth joke for those in the know ... but seriously, Cleveland needs to change their team name. Lol

Comment

How much of that is Shapiro responsible for? Honest question, as I don't really know much about the [Insert Derogatory Term for First Nations peoples]. Lol That was a Jerry Howarth joke for those in the know ... but seriously, Cleveland needs to change their team name. Lol
                    It's not as bad as a certain team is Washington.

I just wanna see us in the World Series!
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Honest answer is Shapiro is the architect of Cleveland. He and Atkins put together that team.

Just like the architects of this Jays team are Anthopolous / Beeston / LaCava
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Oct 12, 2016, 10:17 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• If the Jays advance past the tribe in the ALCS... who is the better matchup for them among the remaining NL clubs ?

The Nats who have good to great starting pitching... an average bullpen and a great closer ... average team speed... very good team defense...average power ....average to slightly below average hitting and average on base %.. INTANGIBLE: They seem to choke in the clutch but have an MVP type player in Harper who can change a series.

The Dodgers who have Kershaw and a big drop off after that in starting pitching.. an average bullpen....average team speed... very good team defense... below average power...below average hitting.... below average on base percentage. INTANGIBLE: If they can get to the WS they can pitch Kershaw 3 times in a 7 games series.

The Cubs who have great starting pitching... a good bullpen with a great closer... good team speed... below average team defense...below average power and average batting...but great on base percentage... Intangible... a young team with little in the way of playoff experience .. they have a really good manager in Maddon.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Oct 13, 2016, 02:02 PM.
                        - TGO

Comment

• The Nats or Cubs would be easier for us to beat IMO.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            The Nats or Cubs would be easier for us to beat IMO.
                            The Cubs are the BEST team in baseball. How are they an easier team to beat than Cleveland? the Indians are missing 2 starters. Salazar and Carrasco. Two of the best starters in baseball.

I'm not saying Cleveland is an easy matchup. I expect this series to go 6-7 games. But to say Chicago is an easier matchup is absurd. Those guys have no weaknesses.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Cubs are the BEST team in baseball. How are they an easier team to beat than Cleveland? the Indians are missing 2 starters. Salazar and Carrasco. Two of the best starters in baseball.

I'm not saying Cleveland is an easy matchup. I expect this series to go 6-7 games. But to say Chicago is an easier matchup is absurd. Those guys have no weaknesses.
                              I was replying to Demographic Shift's post above, TRex. Just didn't feel like quoting it.

Out of the 3 NL teams, I do NOT want to face the Dodgers the most.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

No team is without its flaws... The Cubs are pretty damn good in almost every facet of the game ... The only place they seem to struggle is with team defense.. They do make errors at a higher rate than the average team and that will be magnified in a 7 game series when the teams you are playing are also pretty damn good. You can't give extra outs to final four ball clubs ..... Still.. the Cubs will be heavily favoured to represent the NL

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                I was replying to Demographic Shift's post above, TRex. Just didn't feel like quoting it.

Out of the 3 NL teams, I do NOT want to face the Dodgers the most.
                                Your fear lives on... Most of the Bball world had the Nats moving on for a collision with the cubs... The dodgers seem to find ways to win. They can probably only trot out Kershaw twice against the cubs given he pitched the game 4 AND came out to get the save last night. The North siders are going to be heavily favoured to take out the Dodgers in 5 games.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 14, 2016, 04:05 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X