X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Philly Trade

Toronto out: Amir Johnson, Austin Daye, 2014 First round pick
    Philadelphia out: Thaddeus Young, 2014 or 15 Second round pick

Why Toronto does it- The raptors get a upgrade on the (PF) position, TYoung will also fit well with JV because he can go out and drill the 3. TYoung is a guy who can average 18P+ and 7R+ on a nightly bases and DeRozan and lowry wont have to do all the work on offence.

Why Philly does it- They get a decent (PF) in Amir and a first rounder {likely going to be (15-25)}

New line Up
    Lowry/Vazquez//Bycks
    DeRozan/Fields/Stone
    Ross/Salmons
    Young/2Pat
    Val/Hansbrough/Hayes

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kgo3lae
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Ugh....another one. no.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

what do u mean no, like you don't like the trade or something?
      Abbas wrote:

Comment

What? Why would we give up Amir AND a first rounder for Thad young? That makes no sense.
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          What? Why would we give up Amir AND a first rounder for Thad young? That makes no sense.
          kk I lovve amir, he's a great player and he loves toronto well but let's face it Thad Young is a better player then him and he is also younger(25), and the first rounder will be a late pick and we will get a second rounder in return
          Abbas wrote:

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            kk I lovve amir, he's a great player and he loves toronto well but let's face it Thad Young is a better player then him and he is also younger(25), and the first rounder will be a late pick and we will get a second rounder in return
            Arguable that he's that much better, Amir is 26 and regardless of where the pick is, Thad young is not good enough to warrant BOTH Amir AND a pick
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I like how Thad Young fits long term. And if the pick is like 22 and Philly 2nd is about 33 (their current position), it wouldn't be too bad. You are most likely getting a role player at both those spots. Chances of getting a star are obviously better at 22 but they are miniscule at both spots.

But it's a risk. The Raptors are clicking. I think their winning is largely about chemistry, effort and focus right now. You trade Amir, and by the time you regain that mojo, you could be behind Washington, Atlanta, Brooklyn, and all West playoff team with much better records than you. And then your pick is 16 or 17, not so late anymore.

I think Thad Young is better, and I think long term he's a much better fit as Jonas keeps developing. Imagine Ross, Thad and Lowry spacing the floor. All that space for Jonas to beast inside and for Lowry/Demar to slash.

Anyway, I can understand why someone would want to do this but I probably wouldn't do it. As much as I like the fit, I'd hate to lose a mid round pick in that swap, and it's a strong possibility.

Comment

Anyway, with some pick protections, I think it's workable in principle. This probably needs a 3rd team. Noel+Amir probably wouldn't work well long term, it's kind of like Milwaukee's Henson+Larry Sanders, two similar players. Maybe they'd do it anyway, but it could be made even more attractive for them if Amir is sent to some other team that wants to win right now, while the 76ers get more picks / prospects.

Comment

Amir anchors our defence and can play backup C. He has a better fit on this team compared with Thaddeus Young
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                  X