Is it time to trade Sweet Lou?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    OK well then how about Gerald Green in Phoenix, and maybe Plumlee too. Both as backups.

Lowry / Vasquez
    DD / Ross
    JJ / Green / Bruno
    2pat / Amir
    JV / Plumlee / Bebe (and Chuck daddy)

Plumlee & Green can potentially just be temporary while Bruno and Bebe develop (or we sign KD).

Using expirings, and Lou in a three team deal this could happen. Maybe send Lou to a western team with say fields, then hands and somebody from the western team to phx. Maybe send Lou and fields to Minnesota for thad young, who goes to phx with hands, then we get green and plumlee.... Would that work?
    Going after those guys on PHX is only worth it if you can get something else in there as well...Ennis, for example, is a name often thrown out there.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Going after those guys on PHX is only worth it if you can get something else in there as well...Ennis, for example, is a name often thrown out there.
      If the point is to get two backups then I don't think Ennis is absolutely necessary, and he would demand alot more. If he can also be grabbed in the deal then by all means jump on it, as long as the lineups above remain intact, like if an extra first does it, day the nyk/den pick end sure. But I seriously doubt that is offered even though we wanted Ennis.

Comment

If the point is to get two backups then I don't think Ennis is absolutely necessary, and he would demand alot more. If he can also be grabbed in the deal then by all means jump on it, as long as the lineups above remain intact, like if an extra first does it, day the nyk/den pick end sure. But I seriously doubt that is offered even though we wanted Ennis.
        The point is not to waste assets on placeholder, mediocre pieces.

Green is a huge chucker who offers little beyond scoring, and is a free agent at the end of the year, so I wouldn't really give up anything other than garbage for him. Plumlee is a decent C but is a backup level player. However both have been fairly key pieces for PHX, and they'd probably be reluctant to trade them without getting some decent asset(s) in return. If you're going to give up anything decent as an asset (young piece, 1st rounders), better be getting something similar as part of the deal. Plumlee is not so amazing a C that he's worth it on his own.

Comment

The point is not to waste assets on placeholder, mediocre pieces.

Green is a huge chucker who offers little beyond scoring, and is a free agent at the end of the year, so I wouldn't really give up anything other than garbage for him. Plumlee is a decent C but is a backup level player. However both have been fairly key pieces for PHX, and they'd probably be reluctant to trade them without getting some decent asset(s) in return. If you're going to give up anything decent as an asset (young piece, 1st rounders), better be getting something similar as part of the deal. Plumlee is not so amazing a C that he's worth it on his own.
          In the deal above I mention a possibility like them getting Thad young, as well as an expiring, fuck send Daniels and a 1st rounder to try and get all three.

Comment

In the deal above I mention a possibility like them getting Thad young, as well as an expiring, fuck send Daniels and a 1st rounder to try and get all three.
            Right, but in it's original makeup, you're essentially trading Lou (a bench scoring guard) and Tyler (a backup big) for Green (a bench scoring wing) and Plumlee (a backup C). That's a minor move. At best you're getting slightly better.

And you can throw in a third team...but that doesn't make things much easier. They've got both Morris twins. They don't need Thad Young as an undersized PF. They've got guys with more range who are even younger. They don't need any help in the backcourt. Tucker is their role player at SF. Len is their long-term hope at C. They need a star, or they need more stockpileable assets like young players and picks. We have some, but can't afford to really trade them without it being in attempts to solidify the core in the long-term.

It would fully not be worth it to give up such assets if we had to in such a deal. We might need them to address real long-term issues of our own. What's our SF situation going forward? Hopefully Bruno? Can we bank on that? What about PF? And then there's PG, where we're secure right now, but Lowry's the oldest piece in our core.

Comment

Lou for Chandler? Sign me up already. Contract ends up after next season, so why not?

Valanciunas / Hansbrough / Nogueira
              Patterson / Johnson /
              Chandler / Johnson / Caboclo
              DeRozan / Ross
              Lowry / Vasquez

Comment

Also, and please don't think I'm trying to make this any kind of personal....but why the fuck are people so fucking high on Wilson Chandler? He's a decent wing, but not that impactful. He's not an elite shooter or anything...not even close. And he's definitely closer to being a ball-stopper than mover, and it's not like he's a super efficient scorer. Not to mention he's had injuries plaguing him his whole career. I'm not even convinced he's that good defensively, which is probably the most frequently cited pro.
                It's classic grass-is-greener syndrome. He's an average player, but he's not OUR average player, so...

Comment

why the fuck are people so fucking high on Wilson Chandler? He's a decent wing, but not that impactful. He's not an elite shooter or anything...not even close. And he's definitely closer to being a ball-stopper than mover, and it's not like he's a super efficient scorer. Not to mention he's had injuries plaguing him his whole career. I'm not even convinced he's that good defensively, which is probably the most frequently cited pro.
                  Agreed. Wilson Chandler is not an upgrade to James Johnson. Bringing in Chandler would only give Casey more trouble trying to manage minutes.

Comment

I mentioned earlier during the season that Lou Williams and Greivis Vasquez = Rudy Gay and Demar 2.0. I honestly preferred the 2nd unit backcourt of Greivis and Nando, as at least only one of them gets to chuck up shots. The whole league seemed to figure out Lou Williams and he has pretty much looked like John Lucas III or Will Solomon these past games. Which is why I still wish we had Tyler Ennis, but stupid Phonics stole him just to piss us off.

But then again, I fear that trading Lou will just give us nightmares like former Raptor chuckers have (Jarret Jack, Allen Andersen, DJ Agustin, etc.).

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                      I mentioned earlier during the season that Lou Williams and Greivis Vasquez = Rudy Gay and Demar 2.0. I honestly preferred the 2nd unit backcourt of Greivis and Nando, as at least only one of them gets to chuck up shots. The whole league seemed to figure out Lou Williams and he has pretty much looked like John Lucas III or Will Solomon these past games. Which is why I still wish we had Tyler Ennis, but stupid Phonics stole him just to piss us off.

But then again, I fear that trading Lou will just give us nightmares like former Raptor chuckers have (Jarret Jack, Allen Andersen, DJ Agustin, etc.).
                      Lou is a free agent. Trade him or lose him for nothing. Great player but don't want him back. He is eating into JJ playing time with TRoss at SF

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Lou is a free agent. Trade him or lose him for nothing. Great player but don't want him back. He is eating into JJ playing time with TRoss at SF
                        Chandler would make a nice backup 3 to bridge the gap while Bruno develops.. Given that both 2pat and JJ move to starters. Lou could be packaged to nab a guy like Chandler or hell maybe ariza but I doub5 he is attainable

Comment

Chandler all the way

Comment

Lou is one of those guys that play out of their minds in a contract year.
                            lets be real: he's hitting really crazy shots that he has no business making. this is not sustainable basketball.

hes a good rotation piece but i feel another team is going to give him a contract he doesnt deserve, and he will walk. he's not exactly a 'loyal' raptor, but more a journeyman

thats why we should trade him to Miami for their 2016 first rounder.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                              Lou is one of those guys that play out of their minds in a contract year.
                              lets be real: he's hitting really crazy shots that he has no business making. this is not sustainable basketball.

hes a good rotation piece but i feel another team is going to give him a contract he doesnt deserve, and he will walk. he's not exactly a 'loyal' raptor, but more a journeyman

thats why we should trade him to Miami for their 2016 first rounder.
                              Miami probably are buyers or sellers. A few Western teams could use a player just to get through the last grind and rest tired starters. Houston could really use anybody to spread out the offense Terry is giving them 7pt @ 20 mpg

Comment

Terrence Jones + Ariza for Lou Williams + hansborough + Steemer

KL/GV
                                DD/TR
                                Ariza/JJ
                                TJones/ PP
                                JV/Amir
                                Fields/ Hayes/Bruno/Bebe
                                Next year if you don't resign Amir you $57 million on the books(2015/16) for 11 players
                                Prefer Lou , but Ariza will give the required points.
                                Don't want Affao or Chandler
                                Last edited by Heatdreamer; Sat Feb 7, 2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X