Ryan Anderson on the block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JWash wrote: View Post
    What I don't understand is why the hell NOLA even wants Kieff.

These guys are absolutely butchering the #1 pick, generational talent that they were handed. Reminds me of the Cavs when they got LeBron. Instead of trying to build a proper team around him, overpaying mediocre players and not surrounding him with young talent that can grow with him. Horrible, horrible, horrible team building.
    The pessimist in me is already picturing the trade he'll demand in a year or two, and the offer Boston will make to get him and add him to Ben Simmons, who they'll draft this year with the BKL pick.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
      espn trade machine lets it work
      ESPN trade machine doesn't have all the intricacies of the CBA built in
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        ESPN trade machine doesn't have all the intricacies of the CBA built in
        Snooch is correct, a 3 team trade with Covington going to Toronto, Anderson going to Philly, and Ross going to NOLA would work. I just don't see the point of such a deal for Philly or New Orleans.

Comment

I'm sure it does work in the trade machine.

I'd have to see the math on trading Ross or JV for that matter to believe it.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            I'm sure it does work in the trade machine.

I'd have to see the math on trading Ross or JV for that matter to believe it.
            The trade machine does have poison-pill provisions built in, which is the main obstacle to trading Ross (or JV).

From Toronto's perspective, they're taking back a smaller salary then they're sending out.
            From NOLA's perspective, they're sending out an $8.5 million contract, and taking back an $8.6, which is well within the allowable amount.
            From Philly's perspective, they're under the cap and can take on the added $7.5million.

From Larry Coon: (via Blake Murphy)
            "Such a player would be very difficult to trade — a legal trade can only be accomplished if both teams add additional salary to the transaction, or if they include a third team that is able to absorb excess salary."

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...terrence-ross/

The proposed trade is doing exactly that: using a third team to absorb salary. Or is there some totally different CBA article you think might pose a problem?

Now, as JWash said, whether the other teams would have any interest in doing it is another matter.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              No fucking way. We dodged a huge bullet by not going after Morris. He's been the worst starter in the NBA this year. He actually has a negative WS/48, which I didn't think was possible. He sucks big time.

I like Ryan Anderson, he's like PPat if PPat was doing what he's supposed to do.
              Isn't Morris playing badly as part of his attempt to force his way out of Phoenix though? I seem to recall he was a very productive player in years past and that both he and his brother tended to play a lot tougher than their actual size.

I like that PPat can stretch the floor, but I'm starting to learn to hate how inconsistent both he and Ross can be. I'd almost go with a less talented player whose I can count on to give consistent production day in and out.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Isn't Morris playing badly as part of his attempt to force his way out of Phoenix though?
                Isn't that a pretty big red flag for a guy who already has a lot of red flags?
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Isn't Morris playing badly as part of his attempt to force his way out of Phoenix though? I seem to recall he was a very productive player in years past and that both he and his brother tended to play a lot tougher than their actual size.

I like that PPat can stretch the floor, but I'm starting to learn to hate how inconsistent both he and Ross can be. I'd almost go with a less talented player whose I can count on to give consistent production day in and out.
                  Do you know that he's listed at 6'10'', 245 lbs (Marcus at 6'9'' 235)? They're not exactly small, and they don't exactly play that physical a game. If anything I'd say the opposite, that they could play tougher given their size. They do ok, but again, they're not really small, especially if that weight listed is from the draft/rookie year, in which case he/they are very likely stronger now.

Maybe Raps fans are too used to Pat now that they've forgotten some stretch PFs actually rebound and bang a bit inside.

Comment

Morris is more talented than 2pat
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      Isn't that a pretty big red flag for a guy who already has a lot of red flags?
                      Could be like Lowry in Houston
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Morris is inefficient and lokie to play in the midrange.

Already have one of those.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Do you know that he's listed at 6'10'', 245 lbs (Marcus at 6'9'' 235)? They're not exactly small, and they don't exactly play that physical a game. If anything I'd say the opposite, that they could play tougher given their size. They do ok, but again, they're not really small, especially if that weight listed is from the draft/rookie year, in which case he/they are very likely stronger now.

Maybe Raps fans are too used to Pat now that they've forgotten some stretch PFs actually rebound and bang a bit inside.
                          Never would have thought that either of the twins was that tall, but thank-you for the correction. They always seemed smaller than Blake to me and while Blake has the width, I never thought of him as tall either...too use to KG and Duncan as the standard for PF's I guess.

I actually considered the twins to be really tough, gritty types, that border on being hotheads...I seem to recall that one or the other or perhaps both were league leaders in techs last year. Either way, it's more of a toughness mentality which I associated with the two.

Still like PP, but like I said, I will take the consistency that Morris brings...minus the off court headaches.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Morris is more talented than 2pat
                            I agree, but I didn't want to get into a separate debate.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Could be like Lowry in Houston
                              Lowry was still really fucking good in Houston. Morris is fucking terrible, beyond terrible, "beyerrible", just had to make up a new word, he's that bad. Please just go look at his stats this season, he's making Bruno look like an All Star.

Comment

Never would have thought that either of the twins was that tall, but thank-you for the correction. They always seemed smaller than Blake to me and while Blake has the width, I never thought of him as tall either...too use to KG and Duncan as the standard for PF's I guess.

I actually considered the twins to be really tough, gritty types, that border on being hotheads...I seem to recall that one or the other or perhaps both were league leaders in techs last year. Either way, it's more of a toughness mentality which I associated with the two.

Still like PP, but like I said, I will take the consistency that Morris brings...minus the off court headaches.
                                FG% .386
                                TS% .439
                                ORtg 86
                                WS/48 -0.032

He's been consistently fucking awful this year, very consistent.

Comment

Working...
                                X