X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thabeet For Banks

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=27xza6f
    works because we get a good rebounding center and memphis gets backup pg

Who has more potential Soloman or Thabeet?

Comment

both combined.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I like this trade alot, thabeet, even though he had a bad year, has alot of talent, i watched him in college, he has something, i was trying to make a thabeet trade too, its pretty smart. Banks would do better for this team then thabeet.

nice trade

Comment

Is this for real? Am I missing something, like Thabeet lost an arm this summer? Why would Memphis trade the 2nd overall pick from only 1 year ago for our 3rd string point guard?? As for who has more potential... Thabeet. It may be a better question as to who has more potential: POB or Solomon.

Comment

Not sure memphis would go for it but no reason why BC shouldn't float this trade to see if the grizz bite.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Is this for real? Am I missing something, like Thabeet lost an arm this summer? Why would Memphis trade the 2nd overall pick from only 1 year ago for our 3rd string point guard?? As for who has more potential... Thabeet. It may be a better question as to who has more potential: POB or Solomon
              Memphis would probably do it because they are not completely confident with Mike Conley and a veteran presence would help him... Plus, Banks is an improvement from Jamaal Tinsley. Also, Hamed Hadaddi is a more than capable backup for Marc Gasol.
              Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Wed Aug 11, 2010, 03:57 AM. Reason: Corrected quotation formatting

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
                Is this for real? Am I missing something, like Thabeet lost an arm this summer? Why would Memphis trade the 2nd overall pick from only 1 year ago for our 3rd string point guard?? As for who has more potential... Thabeet. It may be a better question as to who has more potential: POB or Solomon.
                IT does not matter what or where he was picked, mj was picked third in the draft, dosnt mean he is third best player of all time. Thabeet had a tough year with memphis, dosnt work with them...the team needs another veteran, seasoned pg, while we need abig man...

Comment

IT does not matter what or where he was picked, mj was picked third in the draft, dosnt mean he is third best player of all time. Thabeet had a tough year with memphis, dosnt work with them...the team needs another veteran, seasoned pg, while we need abig man...
                  I get that it doesnt matter where people are drafted (POB is good example), but generally people don't make that decision for a few years (Thabeet had one year). Lakers need a back-up PG and we need Kobe, but that doesnt mean they even think about trading Banks for Bryant. I read, on the Memphis site, a proposed trade of Thabeet for Bynum. I am not saying this is a fair trade, but it gives you some idea of his value (some fans on the site didn't even want Bynum for Thabeet). At no place in their proposed trades did I see them looking for someone's 3rd string veteran point guard.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                    yeah that's just wrong... i'm with BC Boy. heisley makes all final basketball decisions in memphis. and they drafted thabeet over many safer picks because they thought he had the potential to be a defensive monster. there's just no way that they give up on the dude after one year for marcus fucking banks when he proved to be exactly what they thouhgt he'd be: a project. on top of that it would make the pick look ridiculous and be an admission of the owner's gross incompetence.

only way it'd get done is if we threw in a first rounder, and not the late 20's pick that miami's will be. in which case i'm not in favor.

xpost with BCBoy

Comment

abysmal trade thought, Memphis would never bite and if they did then they should be relegated to the d-league and be made to sit in the naughty corner
                      everybody wang chun tonight

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                        yeah that's just wrong... i'm with BC Boy. heisley makes all final basketball decisions in memphis. and they drafted thabeet over many safer picks because they thought he had the potential to be a defensive monster. there's just no way that they give up on the dude after one year for marcus fucking banks when he proved to be exactly what they thouhgt he'd be: a project. on top of that it would make the pick look ridiculous and be an admission of the owner's gross incompetence.

only way it'd get done is if we threw in a first rounder, and not the late 20's pick that miami's will be. in which case i'm not in favor.

xpost with BCBoy
                        Yeah, looking at thabeets numbers, they are real low, but i understand where you and bcboy are coming from. Though he is a 2nd pick, it is obvious that he dosnt fit with the team as of now, but i can see him being a 13 and 10 guy, and i think everyone one in the league sees that he is brewing with raw talent, and his trade value in turn is higher then his stats lead on, but i also think that he would be more successful somewhere and i dont think memphis likes how conley runs the offence, and i have always seen something in banks that i love, but he isnt amazing. He has nice 36 minute stats. He dosnt get a chance here, and he could get more minutes in memphis, i think he could put in some decent (that is used loosely) numbers and i think memphis would want him.

I like the trade, but it is a bit unrealistic, scratch that really unrealistic.
                        Last edited by Red and White; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
                          I get that it doesnt matter where people are drafted (POB is good example), but generally people don't make that decision for a few years (Thabeet had one year). Lakers need a back-up PG and we need Kobe, but that doesnt mean they even think about trading Banks for Bryant. I read, on the Memphis site, a proposed trade of Thabeet for Bynum. I am not saying this is a fair trade, but it gives you some idea of his value (some fans on the site didn't even want Bynum for Thabeet). At no place in their proposed trades did I see them looking for someone's 3rd string veteran point guard.
                          Wait what, i dont get the whole kobe thing lol, i understand that, but his numbers yes are bad, but it is because he dosnt get minutes too, if you look at his 36 per its not bad, but those stats arent trade making of course

Comment

This is a terrible proposal! There's absolutely no logical reason for Memphis to even consider this proposal, let alone agree to it.

Why would Memphis give up on Thabeet at this time? And, even if they did, they definitely could get more in return for Thabeet than Marcus Banks.
                            RR OG

Comment

I think giving Calderon for Thabeet and Conley would work better though... We could even give up a draft pick, anyways it will just be another late lottery pick...

Comment

Working...
                              X