No announcement yet.

Yet another RAPS-76ers-Bobcats Deal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another RAPS-76ers-Bobcats Deal...

Raptors get: Iguodala, Hawes, Augustin (we get younger, we get a legit all star and we get to move Bargs to PF. We have a bit of a log jam at the wing but this way we aren't sink or swim if DD or Weems don't blow up like we all think they will. If they do, we can deal Iggy for cap space, if they don't, then hey, we got an all star. Iggy with Bargs could be a great pairing getting up and down the floor with some decent distributors like Jack and Augustin. Think of next year too, we'll probably say bye to Barbosa, freeing up even more time for our wings.)

Sixers get: Calderon, Ed Davis, Diaw (they get cheaper, a mentor for Holiday, a great prospect in Davis and Diaw's versatility and expiring contract)

Bobcats get: Lou Williams, Evans, Dorsey (they get a quality starting PG and some toughness that doubles as expiring contracts).

PG – Jack / Augustin
    SG – DeRozan / Barbosa
    SF – Iguodala / Weems
    PF – Bargnani / Kleiza
    C – Hawes / Johnson

PG – Holiday / Calderon
    SG – Turner / Kapono
    SF – Young / Nocioni
    PF – Brand / Davis
    C – Speights / Diaw

PG – Williams / Livingston
    SG – Jackson / Henderson
    SF – Wallace / Najera
    PF – Thomas / Brown
    C – Mohammed / Diop

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2ecvb38

Sixers get hosed bytime.

Comment

Yeah, no, I wouldn't trade Ed Davis for anybody at the moment.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        Yeah, no, I wouldn't trade Ed Davis for anybody at the moment.
        Ed Davis hasn't proved anything in the league. I'd trade him for Iguodala in a heartbeat. Too bad the Sixers probably wouldn't.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the Sixers get hosed but it's the direction they want to take (so i've read). They want to move forward with Turner and Young on the wings and cut costs. This trade does that.

As for Davis, I think he could (in a couple years) put up Horford type numbers at the PF spot, and that ain't bad. But Hawes is a 22 year old 7 footer with talent who frees up Bargs to play more PF. Iggy can do a bit of everything and Augustin could eventually overtake Jack as the starter.

Looks good for everyone to me.

Comment

Not trading Ed. And I don't like Hawes (if this trade happened, he would not start.) And Iggy would stunt the growth of both DD and Weems.

But on our part, this trade is pretty alright, but to the 76s? Why on earth would they even consider this trade, they got something really good going with Turner and Iggy. To fast and big guard/forwards. Who are both young...

Comment

Im all for getting rid of Jose but i want no parts of another soft 7 foot center who takes jumpers all day and cant defend and im in the Iggy is overrated category as well....

Comment

Hawes averaged 6 boards in about 20 minutes last year, he will at least board better than Bargs. I am utterly amazed at everyone getting so aroused by DD, Weems and Davis. Don't get me wrong, they all have potential (probably Weems most of all) but people act like any move to our roster will destroy their ever so precious development.

I'm pretty sure I explained why the Sixers would do this, to cut salary and get younger. Moving Iggy keeps them young and saves them money. Turner, Young and Iggy are the same type of player, hence redundant talent, hence why he may get moved.

Comment

Jurassic Raptor wrote: View Post
                  Hawes averaged 6 boards in about 20 minutes last year, he will at least board better than Bargs. I am utterly amazed at everyone getting so aroused by DD, Weems and Davis. Don't get me wrong, they all have potential (probably Weems most of all) but people act like any move to our roster will destroy their ever so precious development.

I'm pretty sure I explained why the Sixers would do this, to cut salary and get younger. Moving Iggy keeps them young and saves them money. Turner, Young and Iggy are the same type of player, hence redundant talent, hence why he may get moved.
                  He might be a better rebounder, but he is complete crap, yes worse than Bargs, in defense and shoots so much and so badly. I'd rather keep the YGZ's as starter/first off bench than have a superstar who just came off his worst year and probably won't resign with us in 3 years.

Comment

Jurassic Raptor wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, it looks like the Sixers get hosed but it's the direction they want to take (so i've read). They want to move forward with Turner and Young on the wings and cut costs. This trade does that.

As for Davis, I think he could (in a couple years) put up Horford type numbers at the PF spot, and that ain't bad. But Hawes is a 22 year old 7 footer with talent who frees up Bargs to play more PF. Iggy can do a bit of everything and Augustin could eventually overtake Jack as the starter.

Looks good for everyone to me.
                    Iguodala is a borderline all-star. They aren't just gonna give him away for nothing. Calderon for Iguodala just doesnt work, and don't tell me it's because they want to cut salary. Calderon still has 3 years on his deal (including this year), so the savings aren't very significant. The Sixers aren't gonna trade Iguodala for rubbish. They need to get talent from the deal. I'm sure they could get a much better deal from someone else.

Comment

Absolutely Mindboggling Stupidity, I'm Sorry man.

Let me get this straight you would seriously let Linas Kleiza rot on the bench and play what, 15 mins a game, if that, behind Bargnani.

speechless......wait no I'm not.

sniffing glue is not good, but if you do, try Elmer, you might think better.

Question, do you think if the game was on the line and you needed a game winning shot that Igoudala haha could win it?
                      he's a good player, but HE CAN'T SHOOT. overrated! just like Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo, they slash and do good but their not complete players.
                      San Antonio lost here last season cause Parker couldn't ice the game.
                      You mention thinkin of next year, what about the future,what about Ed Davis, he hasn't even played yet man. I think BC is trying to create a solid core of young players, not trading high draft picks before they have even played in the league. did you not know this.
                      what's the point of wasting your staffs time in collecting information on players, then drafting a player that you've researched, just to trade him three months later for an overpayed incomplete player.
                      I'm excited about the prospect of sustained success in the near future with good young players, aren't you?
                      I'm not very religious, I don't thank the lord almighty for much, but I might just thank him that YOUR not the GM of the Raptors. dang

P.S. What's with all the we get this, we that, do you work for the Raptors? r you playing for the Raptors? r u anyway affiliated with the organization?

get at me

Comment

What about the sticky at the top of the forum: Copy/Pasted just for you buddy
                        Before posting a trade proposal, please use the ESPN Trade Machine to ensure it is feasible under the league's collective bargaining agreement.
                        Reading things is helpful.

get at me

Comment

mr_blingbling wrote: View Post
                          Let me get this straight you would seriously let Linas Kleiza rot on the bench and play what, 15 mins a game, if that, behind Bargnani.

speechless......wait no I'm not.

sniffing glue is not good, but if you do, try Elmer, you might think better.

Question, do you think if the game was on the line and you needed a game winning shot that Igoudala haha could win it?
                          he's a good player, but HE CAN'T SHOOT. overrated! just like Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo, they slash and do good but their not complete players.
                          San Antonio lost here last season cause Parker couldn't ice the game.
                          You mention thinkin of next year, what about the future,what about Ed Davis, he hasn't even played yet man. I think BC is trying to create a solid core of young players, not trading high draft picks before they have even played in the league. did you not know this.
                          what's the point of wasting your staffs time in collecting information on players, then drafting a player that you've researched, just to trade him three months later for an overpayed incomplete player.
                          I'm excited about the prospect of sustained success in the near future with good young players, aren't you?
                          I'm not very religious, I don't thank the lord almighty for much, but I might just thank him that YOUR not the GM of the Raptors. dang

P.S. What's with all the we get this, we that, do you work for the Raptors? r you playing for the Raptors? r u anyway affiliated with the organization?

get at me
                          You need to be easy, especially on the PS part. I use the term "we" all the time. It's our team, representing our city (in some cases), so I don't see the problem with it.

Comment

lol @ his rebs in 20 mins...theres a reason his numbers are based on limited mins...cuz over an extended stretch your not winning with his non defending soft ass on the floor......All we need is another perimter shooting 7 foot beyotch on this team...lol

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Iguodala is a borderline all-star. They aren't just gonna give him away for nothing. Calderon for Iguodala just doesnt work, and don't tell me it's because they want to cut salary. Calderon still has 3 years on his deal (including this year), so the savings aren't very significant. The Sixers aren't gonna trade Iguodala for rubbish. They need to get talent from the deal. I'm sure they could get a much better deal from someone else.
                              What year was he an all star ?
                              He isnt an all star....im not saying he couldnt help this team but for what he makes its not worth it....unless they willing to take trash like Jose in return...

Comment

Working...
                              X