No announcement yet.

JaVale McGee in Red and White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would the Wiz be looking to offload a player who is a perfect compliment to the teams future star, Wall. I'd take him, but I'm guessing they would want more than BC would be willing to give up. Personally they can have Derozan for him.
    Deadallus

Comment

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
      Weems, Peja, Reggie, Miami's pick for Javale and Lewis.

Jose/Bayless
      DD/Barbosa
      Lewis/Kleiza/Wright
      Bargs/Davis
      McGee/Amir/Alabi.
      I'm sure many would object picking up Lewis because of his contract. Here is why I don't:
      It is one more year at 22M.
      The last year is not guaranteed at $10M.
      He can still play the 3.
      If a wing is drafted he can learn behind Lewis for a season unless he is ROY material.
      He appears to be of high quality character and a good teammate.

With all those expirings, I would try not to include MIA's pick.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 30, 2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I know Matt52 has a thread or two about acquiring McGee in the thread forum. All of that could be merged into one. You just need to read up on it. Threads regarding the prospect of acquiring another player should be in the trade forum. Otherwise the main section gets littered with trade speculation.
        its not my job to merge them and i dont have time to read everything on this site so i just posted it and magically it appeared on the main page. lol

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          its not my job to merge them and i dont have time to read everything on this site so i just posted it and magically it appeared on the main page. lol
          No one said it was your job to merge them. Just ask that you take a minute or two to see if there is a similar thread before creating a new one.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            No one said it was your job to merge them. Just ask that you take a minute or two to see if there is a similar thread before creating a new one.
            I dont want to argue with you but im not gonna troll around ths site and see what forums have been previously created...
            ive read the same trade so and so or trade bargs threads over and over and no one else tells them to read make sure no one else hasnt made a similar forum lol. I came on with an idea, it wasnt on the homepage so i went with it. buuuuuuuuuuut just to start some problems here for fun ... trade bargs for mcgee!!! and blatche is better then bargs! x 1000

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
              Did you see two times when he tried to dunk from the free throw line.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOB04HvFewA

^^^^fail

but this one is amazing
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMWK472WPNU
              Last edited by e2thed; Sun Jan 2, 2011, 01:22 PM.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

YES PLEASEEEEE Javale McGee playing along with bargnani would be a nightmare for our opponent if i had the chance to vote, i would vote 100000000x right now

Comment

check this trade out it not bad in my opinion
                  http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=26ecxve

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                    check this trade out it not bad in my opinion
                    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=26ecxve
                    Yeah, not bad from a Toronto standpoint. Everyone else gets the fuzzy end of the lollipop

Comment

lol mango u out to get me today or what

Comment

Making trades is fun, but I understand it's hard to make it even for all sides.

Let's break it down:
                        Portland - I understand that they're probably looking for a PG to replace Miller, but why would they acquire Hinrich - who already had a big contract as it is? Why have 2 point guards on the roster making in excess of 15 million collectively? And why get rid of both of their 2 guards in Fernandez and Matthews (who has had a fantastic season so far) to acquire a backup 1? Hinrich can play the off-guard, but Matthews is having a decent season at half of the cost.

Washington: They give up a talent in McGee, a marketing tool in Yi and a solid tutor/locker room presence and trade chip in Hinrich. While they get a decent SG in Matthews, they also have Thornton, Nick Young and Josh Howard who can fill that position.

Toronto: The deal speaks for itself. All they give up is Dorsey, Weems, Alabi and Evans and get back a promising big in McGee, a 2 in Fernandez who would probably light it up here given the change of scenery and a servicable, marketable big in Yi.

Comment

ye u got that right no arguing here lol, i will think up a nice trade just for u to break it down

Comment

I keep reading stuff about McGee:

lang is there any rocket rumor trades you are hearing? I heard one were trying everything to get melo how true? we need a shot blocker
                            Lang Greene:
                            Haven't heard anything about Houston's progress in acquiring a center. But maybe the team should give the Wizards a call ... JaVale McGee is reportedly on the trading block.

McGee is young (22), averaging 9 points and 8 rebounds and would be a relatively inexpensive investment.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz1Aya11HkI

Comment

I'd trade a lot for McGee. Someone posted earlier...guys like him just don't come around that often these days. He's the prototypical compliment to Bargnani, as well as Derozan. Kinda like how Turk looks better with Dwight Howard. Having a guy with McGee's size, athleticism and shot-blocking skills gives that extra little bit of breathing room for the wing players on D. It doesn't excuse bad D, but when you're playing guys with bad defense because of their excellent offense, you need a fearsome paint presence.

I'd pretty much offer anything except Davis, Bargnani, Derozan, Bayless and our first rounder, simply because McGee with those players specifically is what makes him so attractive a prospect. I also am not opposed to the idea of taking on Rashard Lewis if needs be. The offer as proposed above works for me. His contract isn't the albatross it used to be, and he can hit the three ball. The Raps need a 3 point threat. Someone else posted how Lewis seems to be a good personality type guy. He's responded to the trade to Washington admirably in my opinion, given that he came from one of the league's best teams to one of the worst.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                I'd trade a lot for McGee.
                                jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                I'd pretty much offer anything except Davis, Bargnani, Derozan, Bayless and our first rounder, simply because McGee with those players specifically is what makes him so attractive a prospect.
                                It's kinda hard to get something if you don't want to give up something. The Wiz are gonna want some young talent in return for their promising big man. So if you say would give up a lot for McGee but then wouldn't give up Davis, Bargnani, DeRozan, Bayless or are first rounder, what would you give up? I'd like to keep Davis, but everyone else could be had.

Comment

Working...
                                X