Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello wrote: View Post
    This does make a lot more sense, IF both LA and Memphis are desperate to cut costs. I know LA traded Odom away and that Memphis is paying a lot to Z-bo, Gasol, and Gay, but I still am not sure if they are that desperate. I dont know their financial position at all, so I am most likely wrong.
    If they are cutting costs, good trade, and great for us.
    It was a writer who said the Lakers were cutting costs, not the Lakers as far as I have ever heard. They traded Odom after Stern screwed them and Odom became a disgruntled player who demanded a trade from Kupchak. I do not buy for a second that the Lakers are cutting costs, and if they make a run at Howard and take on Turk as Matt suggests above, they are adding costs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't see this working since Minnesota is not getting a PG, after all Kahn is still their GM right?
      HA! They could always take Fisher or Blake lol.

Comment

• memphis is in dire need of a big now that arthur is injured and possibly (probably) out for the season...
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Brook Lopez broke his foot. Could be out up to 4 weeks or more (hard to say until surgery is over, and rehab starts). Lopez was the key to landing Howard.

Source - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...gery-scheduled

But in the short term.. NJ needs a big:
          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73o5g89

We trade Bayless and Bargnani for Farmer and Petro, plus their unprotected 2012 pick. Could even give NJ the rights to swap 2013 picks to help make the trade sweeter.

In terms of assets they can use Bayless to backup DWill, and Bargnani to replace Lopez. Once Lopez returns.. they could use him (or Bargnani) to try and land Howard. If successful, they would have Howard/Bargnani and DWill - not too shabby.

Plus we get rid of the 'Everything Bargnani' thread

That second pick could give us two franchise players in the draft - and NJ was willing to give up picks for Wallace in the off season. So giving up a pick is something they would consider.

We get crap in return.. but I'd do it for that second lottery pick.

Comment

Brook Lopez broke his foot. Could be out up to 4 weeks or more (hard to say until surgery is over, and rehab starts). Lopez was the key to landing Howard.

Source - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...gery-scheduled

But in the short term.. NJ needs a big:
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73o5g89

We trade Bayless and Bargnani for Farmer and Petro, plus their unprotected 2012 pick. Could even give NJ the rights to swap 2013 picks to help make the trade sweeter.

In terms of assets they can use Bayless to backup DWill, and Bargnani to replace Lopez. Once Lopez returns.. they could use him (or Bargnani) to try and land Howard. If successful, they would have Howard/Bargnani and DWill - not too shabby.

Plus we get rid of the 'Everything Bargnani' thread

That second pick could give us two franchise players in the draft - and NJ was willing to give up picks for Wallace in the off season. So giving up a pick is something they would consider.

We get crap in return.. but I'd do it for that second lottery pick.
            I stole some of your ideas.... sorry.

How about this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7eksmev

NO: Bargnani
            NJ: Kaman
            TOR: Farmer, Petro,

An allocation of MIN/NO/NJ 2012 first round draft picks looking like this:
            lowest to Toronto
            middle to New Orleans
            highest to New Jersey

Rationale:

NO: In my opinion, Bargnani would actually fit well with Okafor at the 5 and Ariza/Pondexter at the 3. All those players had an OppPER of less than 15 (14.3, 14.8, 14.4). Gordon also had an OppPER of 13.6 - essentially Bargnani would have good defenders and rebounders around him.

NJ: Kaman was an all-star in 2009/10. He is a legit C and very talented. He would help show Deron Williams the Nets were committed to winning. Plus he is an expiring contract - if the time comes to land Howard, he helps absorb Turkoglu's and Duhon's contract - something ORL is reportedly adamant about including with any deal for D12. Should there be no D12 to Orlando trade this year, NJ also clears another $7.75M from their payroll for a third straight summer of free agency madness. With this trade, NJ would have just $5.1M guaranteed on the books for next year with Shawne Williams having a $3.2M player option. Oh yeah, Bayless would fight with Sundiata Gaines for back up PG role.

TOR: They get a legit back up at PG in Farmar who has a short and reasonable contract (1 year, $4.25M player option left after this season). They get Petro as another big C on the roster who is useless. Honestly he would be a third or fourth string C next year as he has one year and $3.5M left on his contract. Toronto adds $2.75M in cap space and $7M should Farmar opt out. The Raptors now have ED at the starting PF clearing as many minutes as he can handle for him. Obviously the big prize for Toronto is the draft pick which will likely be a lottery pick (although I don't think Minnesota will be as bad as many assume this year).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I stole some of your ideas.... sorry.

How about this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7eksmev

NO: Bargnani
              NJ: Kaman
              TOR: Farmer, Petro,

An allocation of MIN/NO/NJ 2012 first round draft picks looking like this:
              lowest to Toronto
              middle to New Orleans
              highest to New Jersey

Rationale:

NO: In my opinion, Bargnani would actually fit well with Okafor at the 5 and Ariza/Pondexter at the 3. All those players had an OppPER of less than 15 (14.3, 14.8, 14.4). Gordon also had an OppPER of 13.6 - essentially Bargnani would have good defenders and rebounders around him.

NJ: Kaman was an all-star in 2009/10. He is a legit C and very talented. He would help show Deron Williams the Nets were committed to winning. Plus he is an expiring contract - if the time comes to land Howard, he helps absorb Turkoglu's and Duhon's contract - something ORL is reportedly adamant about including with any deal for D12. Should there be no D12 to Orlando trade this year, NJ also clears another $7.75M from their payroll for a third straight summer of free agency madness. With this trade, NJ would have just $5.1M guaranteed on the books for next year with Shawne Williams having a $3.2M player option. Oh yeah, Bayless would fight with Sundiata Gaines for back up PG role.

TOR: They get a legit back up at PG in Farmar who has a short and reasonable contract (1 year, $4.25M player option left after this season). They get Petro as another big C on the roster who is useless. Honestly he would be a third or fourth string C next year as he has one year and $3.5M left on his contract. Toronto adds $2.75M in cap space and $7M should Farmar opt out. The Raptors now have ED at the starting PF clearing as many minutes as he can handle for him. Obviously the big prize for Toronto is the draft pick which will likely be a lottery pick (although I don't think Minnesota will be as bad as many assume this year).
              Well we can forget anything I wrote above!

All via HoopsHype.com who got it through Twitter.com:

David Locke: Jazz trade Memo Okur to New Jersey for a future 2nd round pick and a trade exception. Twitter

Conor Orr: Okur will occupy all of the Nets' cap space. He is scheduled to earn $10.8 mill this season, the last year of his contract. Twitter
              Brian T. Smith: Mehmet Okur completely caught off guard by trade. Twitter
              Stefan Bondy: Nets have acquired Mehmet Okur ina trade Twitter

Comment

Well we can forget anything I wrote above!

All via HoopsHype.com who got it through Twitter.com:
                D'oh! I guess that works out better for Utah (free up cap space), and NJ (temporary body until Lopez is back).

Comment

D'oh! I guess that works out better for Utah (free up cap space), and NJ (temporary body until Lopez is back).
                  Bargnani to New Orleans is still an interesting thought though.

Comment

• Truth is this thread should not exist. Trading Barg's (right now anyway) would be a terrible idea. His salary is good, (for the love of god the money Kwame and Hump got almost 10) and his stock is probably lower than it will be by years end, couple that with the fact that the right time to move him would be when his contract is expiring I think you would get the most back, in the modern NBA. So if we can just go ahead and delete the thread that would be great.

Comment

• GetUpBird wrote: View Post
                      Truth is this thread should not exist. Trading Barg's (right now anyway) would be a terrible idea. His salary is good, (for the love of god the money Kwame and Hump got almost 10) and his stock is probably lower than it will be by years end, couple that with the fact that the right time to move him would be when his contract is expiring I think you would get the most back, in the modern NBA. So if we can just go ahead and delete the thread that would be great.

Sorry, not going to happen. Bargnani trade ideas are one of my favourite hobbies.

Comment

Sorry, not going to happen. Bargnani trade ideas are one of my favourite hobbies.
                        The cross a raptor fan has to bear, always wants to get rid of their best player because they look over and see the other lawn is all pretty green. Bargs is a special talent...albiet lazy, you dont just "trade him" for Farmer.

Comment

The cross a raptor fan has to bear, always wants to get rid of their best player because they look over and see the other lawn is all pretty green. Bargs is a special talent...albiet lazy, you dont just "trade him" for Farmer.
                          It is hard to evaluate Bargnani's value in the open market, however I don't think anyone would consider him a franchise player. I don't want to get into Bargnani's worth here but you may want to read the "Everything Bargnani" thread to get an idea of how people feel about him. Trading him in my opinion would make the team better not worst.

As for the "Farmer" idea.. the key in that whole trade was another pick in the draft. Next year's draft is considered one of the best in years. The top 5-6 guys could all be franchise players. I'd trade Bargnani for one of those picks in a heartbeat, even if it means getting Farmer back in the deal.

Comment

You are right. You would be trading him for Farmer, Petro, cap space heading in to a talented free agency period, cap space heading in to a more restrictive financial environment (i.e. get good players due to business reasons), and most importantly another lottery pick in a loaded draft while giving Ed Davis an opportunity to raise his trade value or develop if he stays long term.

You should look around the forums a little more and get to know people's views. I wouldn't go as far to say I'm a die hard Bargnani fan but I am certainly rooting for him this year - unlike many, many others.

Comment

You are right. You would be trading him for Farmer, Petro, cap space heading in to a talented free agency period, cap space heading in to a more restrictive financial environment (i.e. get good players due to business reasons), and most importantly another lottery pick in a loaded draft while giving Ed Davis an opportunity to raise his trade value or develop if he stays long term.

You should look around the forums a little more and get to know people's views. I wouldn't go as far to say I'm a die hard Bargnani fan but I am certainly rooting for him this year - unlike many, many others.
                              Don't really have the patience to do a scouting report on all the posters. Just saw your trade above. Here is what it gets us in reality.

A backup point guard - We already have 2
                              Cap Space - We already have more than we will be able to spend
                              Draft Pick- We will have a high one, sure 2 would be nice but drafts are like rolling dice
                              Ed Davis- Will be fine as the first guy off the bench for at least 2 years
                              Petro- Errrr pass

Comment

• at this juncture ill trade bargs for Kanter and jazz 2nd 1st round pick for 2012
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X