Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Good trades. I don't think Minny would give us their pick, and we should ship Bayless with Bargnani to soften the deal. So we would have our pick, Sacramento's pick and Philly's pick. Which should be 2 lotto picks and one mid range pick. Irving, Valenciunas and Faried/Honeycutt/Singler/Burks

PG: (Irving), Flynn
    SG: DeRozan, Barbosa, (Burks)
    SF: Johnson, Nocioni, Kleiza (Honeycutt, Singler)
    PF: Davis, Johnson, (Faried)
    C: Thompson, Valenciunas
    Add in that our pick next year will still likely be a good one in a SF heavy draft year. That said what if the picks this year (in this continued trade scenario) goes for Harrison Barnes instead of Irving due to draft positioning? We forego the Calderon trade to Minny for now, and then try a Barbosa/Alabi for Felton, or Calderon for Felton trade. Either way chase Myck Kabongo next year.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      Good trades. I don't think Minny would give us their pick, and we should ship Bayless with Bargnani to soften the deal. So we would have our pick, Sacramento's pick and Philly's pick. Which should be 2 lotto picks and one mid range pick. Irving, Valenciunas and Faried/Honeycutt/Singler/Burks

PG: (Irving), Flynn
      SG: DeRozan, Barbosa, (Burks)
      SF: Johnson, Nocioni, Kleiza (Honeycutt, Singler)
      PF: Davis, Johnson, (Faried)
      How about we pull for Minny's lower pick, and deal Barbosa somewhere somehow, and use that pick for Nolan Smith to be the future backup PG?

PG: Irving, Flynn, Nolan Smith (Flynn has team option after next year so trade or do not exercise option)
      SG: Derozan, Burks
      SF: JJohnson, Nocioni, Kleiza (use our 2012 likely lottery pick on a SF rich draft)
      PF: ED, Amir
      C: JThompson, Valenciunas
      OR if we miss out on Irving and Barnes enters this draft:

PG: Flynn (again TO after next year), Nolan Smith - chase Myck Kabongo in 2012 draft
      SG: Derozan, Burks
      SF: Harrison Barnes, JJohnson, Nocioni, Kleiza (remember Kleiza is out most of next year, Nocioni team option after next year)
      In this case happy with SG, SF, PF, ok with C, but taking a chance on PG.

In both cases we still have the return on Barbosa (if traded) to add into the mix. If not traded gives one more year, with development of Burks into the backup role.

Comment

Bargnani to Utah in 4 team deal (Toronto, Utah, Sacramento, Denver)

(This will work after April 22nd)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3w6njye

Toronto: Thompson, Garcia, SAC first round draft pick
        Utah: Bargnani
        Denver: Jefferson, Casspi, Alabi
        Sacramento: Felton, Mosgov

Why do teams do this?

Utah: Bargnani is an outside shooting big to space the floor. Favors and Millsap can cover his weak areas - this of course assumes Millsap plays SF which they have experiemented with. Utah saves money immediately (luxury tax) and increases cap space going forward.

Denver: Only PF next year is Harrington. Assuming Nene resigns, Jefferson/Nene is a nice front court. Casspi is cheap and unhappy in SAC - they could let one or two of Afflalo, Chandler, or Smith go with a wing to replace him. Alabi belongs with Uriji.

Sacramento: Assuming they don't get #1 and draft Irving, they now have their PG which they have been missing. Mosgov replaces Thompson. They have said they are not looking to add more youth and would be open to trading draft pick.

Toronto: Thompson can come in and start at C. The Raps are going to be lottery bound again next year - sorry folks. Garcia is a solid veteran and defender when healthy. With the SAC pick they could draft Irving and Valanciunas or one of Barnes/Williams and Valanciunas or Irving and one of Barnes/Williams.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          (This will work after April 22nd)
          It works after that date cause you think the Nugs are bowing out 1st round, huh?

I think Sacto will want to hold off from making that deal until they find out the results of the draft lottery. They're giving up quite a bit of talent just to get rid of the Garcia contract. I don't know if they'd want to do that.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            It works after that date cause you think the Nugs are bowing out 1st round, huh?

I think Sacto will want to hold off from making that deal until they find out the results of the draft lottery. They're giving up quite a bit of talent just to get rid of the Garcia contract. I don't know if they'd want to do that.
            April 22nd is 2 months from the trade that brought Felton and Mosgov to Nuggets. Neither can be traded with another player until then. I wrote this one up very quickly and just used the date on ESPN trade machine. Realistically it would be a lead up to draft or draft day trade.

No doubt the results of the draft is needed before anything happens. With that said, Thompson was shopped this year as was Casspi and Garcia. Casspi is currently disgrunteld. They need a starting calibre NBA PG badly and Mosgov shows potential. If they don't land #1 and can't get Irving, I think it would be a good trade for them to consider. The idea of Felton, Thornton, and Evans as the 1,2,3 would be scary on offense - defense would be a concern but Evans is 6'6" and 220lbs.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
              Either way chase Myck Kabongo next year.
              Imagine getting Barnes and Valanciunas this year and Kabongo next year. That would be sweet. Granted nothing is a sure thing but a line up in 3 years of:

Kabongo
              DD
              Barnes
              Davis
              Valanciunas

with JJ, Amir, Ajinca, Kleiza all on the bench.

Comment

Imagine getting Barnes and Valanciunas this year and Kabongo next year. That would be sweet. Granted nothing is a sure thing but a line up in 3 years of:

Kabongo
                DD
                Barnes
                Davis
                Valanciunas

Would be very cool. Of course we would need a solid SG on that bench, but the roster listed would be minimal in $ so would have plenty available to find one.

Comment

Starting to wonder how impaired, or even toxic, Bargs trade value is getting to be.

Lots of teams noting his deficiencies nowadays.

Comment

Skip Minny and keep Philly pick.
                    SAC:Bargnani, Bayless : SAC has cap space to take on this and more
                    Toronto: Jason Thompson and Sac 1st round pick
                    Then:
                    Philly: Toronto TPE
                    Toronto: Nocioni, Philly 1st Round pick.
                    Draft:Irving ,Valenciunas, Alec Burks.
                    Why:
                    Sacramento: Get Bargs' scoring, spreads the floor for TEvans offering another shooter option to balance TEvans, Bayless' energy and streaky scoring and they can still bang/clog with Cousins. They don't give up much to fill a solid need. Arguably though their maturity level is an all-NBA worst.
                    Philly: Looking to free $$ to resign Thaddeus Young. This has been talked about elsewhere.
                    Toronto: get some young athletic C's in Thompson and especially Valenciunas to pair with ED/Amir, Nocioni is a gritty defender at the SF that can shoot the 3 (situational with Kleiza the O), Irving is a no-brainer

PG: Irving, Calderon, (Barbosa)
                    SG: Derozan, Burks, (Barbosa)
                    SF: (Raps 2012 lottery draft pick), JJohnson, Nocioni, Kleiza (if no Nocioni chase, of course, Thaddeus Young with $, or Wilson Chandler)
                    C: J Thompson/Jonas Valenciunas
                    Bench: Dorsey (exercise cheap option), Ajinca (cheap backup big), Alabi (cheap, final year of contract guaranteed.)
                    Payroll would still be around $53M including Barbosa, who I would try to move as an expiring if possible. If no then he can be the backup PG/SG 3rd string - must have a strong coach that uses him off and on only but develops Burks. We can assess the team and growth of players since after next year we will have team options on JJohnson, J Thompson, Alabi, Nocioni, and Dorsey, AND Barbosa coming off the books. ED and DD come up for team options that year too so better assessments can be made. 2012 draft looks to be a good year for SF's (Gilchrest impressing at workouts this weekend).

Comment

Kabongo
                      DD
                      Barnes
                      Davis
                      Valanciunas

Still liking this line-up though. You are forgetting Jason Thompson on the bench. With this group there would be $ to chase a solid backup SG, and PG, although when you are talking 3yrs from now, we would have another draft to get the backup PG just as Calderon is coming off the books. $ would also be there to re-up the players above who would be coming due.

Comment

I had a huge post featuring 4 trades with explanations, analysis and all that! Lost it when I was asked to sign in So now you get to figure out why each would be good

It went a little something like this:

Trade 1:
                        Toronto Trades: Bargnani
                        Detroit Trades: 2011 1st Round Draft Pick (projected 7th), Will Bynum, Jason Maxiell

Trade 2:
                        Toronto Trades: Jerryd Bayless
                        Phoenix Trades: Robin Lopez

Trade 3:
                        Toronto Trades: Jose Calderon
                        Portland Trades: Andre Miller

Trade 4:
                        Toronto Trades: 2011 First Round Pick (from Detroit, projected 7th)
                        Washington Trades: 2012 First Round Pick (unprotected)

In the next 2 years, we'd have 3 projected lottery picks, $35 million in cap space and a core group of young players in Ed Davis, DeMar DeRozan, Robin Lopez, Will Bynum, Amir Johnson and James Johnson plus those 3 lottery selections.

Comment

Obtaining a 2012 lottery pick would be nice however I don't see those trades happening. Detroit already has Greg Monroe and no way they include will Bynum and their pick for just bargnani. And no way whatsoever would Phoenix trade Lopez for bayless.

Interesting thinking but I don't see it happening in the first couple of trades and don't see miller-Calderon a lateral swap.

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
                            Rubio isn't part of the trade machine options, but I would like to see him involved in the exchange for Bargnani. Not sure how to make that work, but would not be opposed to taking Milicic back in the deal either.
                            milicic sucks, dont want him . cant remember who it was but he jsut got bullied in the post by someone a few weeks back and he atotally gave up and just moved for the guy to dunk the ball . he is sh*t.

Comment

At this point I want Bargnani gone for a lotto pick plus role player. Of the teams with top picks:
                              Cleveland (2): no way they trade a pick.
                              Minny (plus the 19th pick): maybe. More likely the 19th pick, but it will whole-heartedly depend on where they hit the lottery.
                              Washington: no way. They will pick to pair with Wall.
                              SAC: definitely, they have already said they are open to moving the pick.
                              Milwaukee: unsure. They need a proper backup to Bogut, and Jennings. They can probably get the latter in the draft.
                              Utah (2): maybe although I wonder if they want to build with picks. This is a soft potential. Potentially getting a Valenciunas/T Jones or Vesely/Alec Burks pairing (possible at their pick points) might keep them interested, add to that they said today they want to keep Devin Harris (why?) and pick up a superstar-star caliber player.
                              Houston: maybe. I respect D Morely, but they are saying they are looking at Dalembert - sanity may be leaving the building.
                              Detroit: no idea. Changing ownership, may be ripe for a stripping?
                              Charlotte: f*&k Jordan. Wouldn't trust him as far as I can punt him with a broken leg.
                              Golden State: potential but what do we have to take back? I wanted Biedrins earlier in the year but his game has dropped off (after others pointed out to me I paid attention).
                              Phoenix: low lottery pick likely, could be open but would we want it with the filler we would get back from them? Not me.

Outside the lottery we would need a player coming back as well to warrant the Bargnani trade. Doesn't seem likely or desireable.

Comment

So of the likely of these lottery teams above:
                                SAC: definitely like this, best option in my mind, options laid out by Matt (or myself) above. I like them all.
                                Minny: not sure what they would agree to, but would take their high pick of course, unlikely. If we secure another pick elsewhere, I would like their lower pick and a minor short term filler return.
                                Houston: I could get with their pick plus Courtney Lee, but I am not so sure Bargnani would fit with their team EDIT: and I think we could get more for Bargnani.
                                Detroit: we would likely have to take back Richard Hamilton, he could be a good backup for Derozan, but $$. He could teach some stuff to DD, but again $$. They already have Greg Monroe. This would be a more likely longshot destination for Calderon, and we would still get RIP.
                                Utah: would like one of their picks, of course more the NJ pick. They need players with only 9 under contract (if they exercise CJ Miles TO) and bumping at the current salary cap. Even if they draft both picks (they have no 2nd rounders this year) they need players. I really don't want Okur back unless they give up the NJN pick, so kind of leaves Jefferson. Kirilenko could go back for only $5M but they don't even have that open right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X