What 2011 Picks Could/Would The Raps Get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    Sacramento has come out repeatedly and said they are shopping their pick, tried to trade JThompson, OCasspi and FGarcia at the deadline; they need another scorer to spread the floor for TEvans, DCousins can pair up with Bargnani. They have large salary cap room, and now that they are staying in SAC have said they will spend. Even after this deal they have tons of $ to spend. I don't see it as so far fetched, but then again I am sitting in an armchair.
    They're much better off keeping Thompson and shopping Casspi and Garcia. For the life of me, I don't know why they'd be looking at getting rid of Casspi. I don't know if a Cousins/Bargnani tandem would work. I wonder what the over-under would be in terms of days before Cousins gets pissed at Andrea. If he got into it with Evans, it would be only a matter of time before he goes at it with Andrea. They have the cash to spend, but will they want to spend it now, or next season when they decide to move to Anaheim?

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      The Flynn deal is more about salary than skills, and we get their second pick which is the point here. I also prefer Calderon, but $ and pick is what is going on here.

As for BC buying picks, this is more what I would do, he has said he wouldn't look to get another pick for this year (the thread is about what 2011 picks we COULD go for), and I believe you pay up to $3M for a pick, not necessarily the full $3M. I could be wrong there though.
      I think every team looks for the maximum 3 million for a pick should they decide to sell it.
      I'm not sold too much on Flynn. If the Wolves do get a top-3 pick, I can't see them getting rid of it for just Calderon.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I think every team looks for the maximum 3 million for a pick should they decide to sell it.
        I'm not sold too much on Flynn. If the Wolves do get a top-3 pick, I can't see them getting rid of it for just Calderon.
        No, their second pick. You are right no way they give up their lotto pick. They don't want more young'uns, but my opinion no way they trade their lotto pick regardless.

Comment

Re-ordered, only top-ten, and updated with more recent rumours/statements:
          1 Cleveland took on big salary just to get a second pick, in full rebuild and very unlikely to trade this picks.
          2 Minnesota They have said they don't want to get younger, but lots of rumours around this one.
          3 *Utah May be open to moving this pick for the right piece (Bargnani?) or flipping 3(Kanter) with 5 (Knight) for money savings as a plausible theory floated by Jeff.
          4 *Cleveland This pick is a wildcard, but moreso that they may want to move up to 2 than trading it outright.
          5 Toronto
          6 Washington possible but unlikely, as I would see them wanting to pair with Wall. They reportedly REALLY like Vesely.
          7 Sacramento Have openly stated the pick is obtainable. Many potential options here. Portland is also trying to get into the top 7 for Kemba, which hurts us more than helps.
          8 Detroit Potentially. Not sure what it would take but probably more costly than worth.
          9 Charlotte Possible if taking on salary.
          10 Milwaukee They are already targeting a player here, although one of which did not declare. No names released. They could be in the mood for the right pieces and taking on some of their crap. Not where I would be targeting, but that's me.

Which pick(s) do you see Colangelo referring to when looking to add another top 10? I see Utah, Minny, and Sacramento as the most likely options (in that order), and Charlotte an outside chance.

Comment

I've typed this so many times, but I'll type it again:

That rumoured DET/MIN/CLE is the key to TOR getting another pick in my opinion. Essentially, DET would be selling #8 for $25 million and whatever else they can get.

If that happens, #2 belongs to CLE and is not available, #4 and #8 are on the table through Minnesota. #7 would be possible through SAC but my money would be on #4 or #8.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I've typed this so many times, but I'll type it again:

That rumoured DET/MIN/CLE is the key to TOR getting another pick in my opinion. Essentially, DET would be selling #8 for $25 million and whatever else they can get.

If that happens, #2 belongs to CLE and is not available, #4 and #8 are on the table through Minnesota. #7 would be possible through SAC but my money would be on #4 or #8.
              I know you have, man. I am personally not sold it will happen, but we will see soon enough on draft night if not right after the finals I expect. The advantage here is it appears Utah/Kanter was not a match made in heaven, so even at 4/5 we still have a solid shot at him. Scary part is Cleveland were apparently salivating...

Comment

Working...
              X