Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Dwight Howard would signed a 3 year contract woul you make this trade??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF Dwight Howard would signed a 3 year contract woul you make this trade??

We send:
    Ed Davis, DeRozan, Amir Johnson, Valanciunas, Bargnani, Barbosa and Bayless, Plus next years first round pick.

Orlando Sends:
    Dwight Howard and Turk

I wouldn't do it ... just wondering how much you value Howard.
    Last edited by YoungGuns; Fri Jul 15, 2011, 04:23 AM.

Never.

Comment

At that point, who does Howard play with? Is there a point to that deal?

Comment

Give up our entire team and take turk back? You couldnt make me a deal sweet enough to put that loser back on our team. Unless MAYBE you have a time machine and could send us 90's Michael Jordan with the Turkish "Michael Jordan"? And yet that idea seems less ridiculous than this thread.

Comment

YoungGuns wrote: View Post
          We send:
          Ed Davis, DeRozan, Amir Johnson, Valanciunas, Bargnani, Barbosa and Bayless, Plus next years first round pick.

Orlando Sends:
          Dwight Howard and Turk

I wouldn't do it ... just wondering how much you value Howard.
          First I want to say I'm a huge Dwight Fan. I think he is a top4 player in the NBA. One of the few who can easily be built around and will make your team a playoff team just by stepping on the court.

But this trade leaves you, for all intents an purposes, with no one but Dwight and Jose (which I actually think would be a pretty potent combo). You still need more to be truelly competitive. (and as much as I can't stand Bargnani's play, Dwight is the one guy I think you could actually match him up with)

I'd probably trade most combinations of the guys above, but not all of them.

Comment

Helll noo
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

How pissed would Hedo be? lol

Comment

trade bargnani and calderon to orlando for just dwight. Would orlando do it?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  trade bargnani and calderon to orlando for just dwight. Would orlando do it?
                  No.

Comment

RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
                    No.
                    why not?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      why not?
                      Sorry, I was in a rush last night and I just left it brief.. First of all I'll just give the most obvious reason.. Bargnani and Calderon for DWIGHT HOWARD! Dwight is one of the elite players and will be fighting to carve out a spot as one of the best big men to play the game. Shaq like. I wont go into detail on Bargnani because you can find that anywhere on these forums, and Calderon is an overpaid point guard to go along side Gilbert Arenas..
                      I would argue that even if the Raptors included an unprotected first round pick for each of the next three seasons along with Calderon and Bargnani the Magic still wouldn't do it.

Realistically, if we wanted to land Dwight (that whole sentence is an oxy moron..) We would need to package Demar, Ed, and much more. Calderon and Bargnani, though they be in the dog house here, would actually be two players that would work really well with Dwight. Good shooters, they free up space, and once Calderon's contract is up he'd likely re-sign for cheaper which would make them an inexpensive duo to put beside him who wouldn't likely bolt from the city.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine I'd offer these three (Amir, Demar, Davis) plus an unprotected first round pick for the next two years. I still don't think Orlando would bite. Maybe substitute Valanciunas in for Ed?

Comment

What if you erase Turkoglu and Bargnani from the trade proposal, would it still be working?

Comment

Working...
                        X