Raptors Republic Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Cage is ready... I have my cup on... just in case ya know. Let's go!
    I'll go to the UK and we can tag team steel cage match the first two people we see with Brooklyn Nets hats
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Cups are for wimps.
      Enjoy.

Comment

Mack will just blow everyone out of the water for volume.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
          Mack will just blow everyone out of the water for volume.
          Just as Samuel L Jackson would in Hollywood.

Unfortunately for him, he never wins shit.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            Just as Samuel L Jackson would in Hollywood.

Unfortunately for him, he never wins shit.
            Because you trump all, Joey. Give others a chance for once.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Here are some ideas:

Smartass of The Year: Wittiest poster in 2014.

2014 MVP - Most Valuable Poster: Biggest contributor; both volume and quality are taken into consideration.

Rookie Of The Year: Biggest contributor of those who signed up in 2014; both volume and quality are taken into consideration.

Raptors Republic 1st Team
              RB:
              NB:
              TB:
              FB:
              OB:

Raptors Board(RB), NBA Board(NB), Trade Board(TB), Fantasy Board(FB), Off Topic Board(OB)
              I like this idea but of these boards I visit the Everything Raptors all the time, the NBA board once every couple days, and the others hardly ever.

Maybe have an MVP for Non-Everything-Raptors?

1st team
              2nd team
              MVP
              MVP-NER
              ROY
              Funniest
              Mod of Year
              Thread of Year
              Post of Year

Maybe run it during the playoffs when traffic is highest. Offseason things come to a standstill pretty quick.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                I like this idea but of these boards I visit the Everything Raptors all the time, the NBA board once every couple days, and the others hardly ever.

Maybe have an MVP for Non-Everything-Raptors?

1st team
                2nd team
                MVP
                MVP-NER
                ROY
                Funniest
                Mod of Year
                Thread of Year
                Post of Year

Maybe run it during the playoffs when traffic is highest. Offseason things come to a standstill pretty quick.
                The Thank You DanH thread reminded me of this. He definitely makes my 1st team All-RR. Get on it mods!

Comment

Ya, this will definitely be done this summer at some point. Don't you worry.

Comment

Hmmmm...(bump)
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yup, I totally forgot about this.

Let's do dis!!!!

Comment

I think this cold be great fun and it'd be nice to acknowledge some people. But I think it could also be divisive and pointless ... Maybe some real thought needs to go into the selection of categories (and the voting process, perhaps - maybe "blind voting"? IDK).

Putting it one way, I'm not sure we want to (all but) formalize the creation of "parties" here on RR. And its very hard to avoid a good deal of arbitrary-looking results with these sorts of popularity-type contests.

But it sure could be fun.

Comment

I really don't mean to be negative. But in the "new poster" category, for example (and right off the top of my head), seems to me that both Skywalker AC and Barolt have offered major content-contributions to the forum. Tough to acknowledge only one of them (maybe largely based upon whose views we most-often agree with ...) ...?

Maybe a two-step vote - first round to identify "honour-roll" selections for each category- from which a winner could be chosen - so that all those deserving would be acknowledged?

Also some gag-type categories - like - hmmm - "Most Committed Derozan Spanker"
                          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Jan 4, 2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

It is a popularity contest for the better part. So people shouldn't take it too serious. It's all in good fun.

Comment

So I shouldn't ban anyone who doesn't vote for me?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                So I shouldn't ban anyone who doesn't vote for me?

Comment

Working...
                                X