X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    1 & 2. I do watch a lot of classic games, and I went to that game as a kid. Plus, I'm a avid sports history reader. And I went to that game..... so it's forever in my head. Heck, when it came to tickets and the question being when Vince scored 50, I said that game right away, even though it wasn't credited as a correct answer.

3. No.... I've had Coors though. I don't mind beer at all.

4. Care to hear who my ideal sport date would be? Going ahead and just meeting a old sports legend of any sorts, or Dick Irvin.

(P.S. I'm the same age as the team. The Raptors franchise is not 20 just yet..... we didn't receive the team until December of 95. I was born December 21, 1995.)
    Me and you are born on the exact same day and the exact same year.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    The Raps are older than you which makes me feel old, thanks bud!

Bold 1: Do you watch many old classic games? lol Cuz you would've been like 2 when Damon left!
    Bold 2: You must watch a lot of classic games or have a great childhood memory, I barely remember that and I was 21 at the time! (see #3 for reasoning)
    Bold 3: Have ya tried a Guinness yet?
    Bold 4: Skylar Diggins(athlete) float your boat? Or do you mean an Erin Andrews type(reporter)?
    1 & 2. I do watch a lot of classic games, and I went to that game as a kid. Plus, I'm a avid sports history reader. And I went to that game..... so it's forever in my head. Heck, when it came to tickets and the question being when Vince scored 50, I said that game right away, even though it wasn't credited as a correct answer.

3. No.... I've had Coors though. I don't mind beer at all.

4. Care to hear who my ideal sport date would be? Going ahead and just meeting a old sports legend of any sorts, or Dick Irvin.

(P.S. I'm the same age as the team. The Raptors franchise is not 20 just yet..... we didn't receive the team until December of 95. I was born December 21, 1995.)
    Last edited by Cody73; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    1. Age: 19
    2. Born: Toronto, Ontario
    3. Hometown: Scarborough, Ontario
    4. Ethnic Routes: English, French, Irish & Native
    5. Fave All-Time Rap: Damon Stoudemire/Peja Stojackovic
    6. Fave Current Rap: Carroll
    7. Fave Non-Rap: Gallo, Faried, Melo, Durant & Curry
    8. Hated NBA Team: Heat & Mavericks.
    9. Hated NBA Player: Lebron and Howard.
    10. Fave Raps moment: Seeing Vince get 51 and winning game 3 back in 01 of the ECSF.
    11. Fave non-basketball player: Marty Brodeur and Peter Forsberg
    12. I have never cheered for a team post-Toronto, but am a Hawks and Nuggets fan.
    13. Guilty Pleasure: The internet itself
    14. Fave TV Show: Don't got one
    15. Things that freak me out: Loud noises
    16. Fave Music: Punk/Punk-Pop
    17. Fave album: Masterpiece Theatre by Marianas Trench
    18. Fave Beverage: Tea or Dr. Pepper
    19. Actor who'd play me in a movie: Jimmy Bennett
    20. Actor I'd date: No idea either, but will admit I'd prefer a sports personality to date.
    The Raps are older than you which makes me feel old, thanks bud!

Bold 1: Do you watch many old classic games? lol Cuz you would've been like 2 when Damon left!
    Bold 2: You must watch a lot of classic games or have a great childhood memory, I barely remember that and I was 21 at the time! (see #3 for reasoning)
    Bold 3: Have ya tried a Guinness yet?
    Bold 4: Skylar Diggins(athlete) float your boat? Or do you mean an Erin Andrews type(reporter)?

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    I watch all Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS) games, and go to some of them, which is awesome.

Overseas it's a little harder to watch, especially since Gol TV (the main soccer channel I have available) hasn't been able to get contracts with the Spanish or French leagues lately. I watch some BPL and Bundesliga, and definitely watch the Champions League.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Well at least your dad trained you to be disappointed

Soccer, MLS or overseas?

I watch all Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS) games, and go to some of them, which is awesome.

Overseas it's a little harder to watch, especially since Gol TV (the main soccer channel I have available) hasn't been able to get contracts with the Spanish or French leagues lately. I watch some BPL and Bundesliga, and definitely watch the Champions League.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Watched hockey and soccer as a kid, my dad's a huge Leafs fan. Still watch soccer but not as much hockey.
    Well at least your dad trained you to be disappointed

Soccer, MLS or overseas?

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    More along the lines of screamers.

I still hate vacuum cleaners to this day though.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    You poor soul.
    Watched hockey and soccer as a kid, my dad's a huge Leafs fan. Still watch soccer but not as much hockey.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    1. Age: 19
    2. Born: Toronto, Ontario
    3. Hometown: Scarborough, Ontario
    4. Ethnic Routes: English, French, Irish & Native
    5. Fave All-Time Rap: Damon Stoudemire/Peja Stojackovic
    6. Fave Current Rap: Carroll
    7. Fave Non-Rap: Gallo, Faried, Melo, Durant & Curry
    8. Hated NBA Team: Heat & Mavericks.
    9. Hated NBA Player: Lebron and Howard.
    10. Fave Raps moment: Seeing Vince get 51 and winning game 3 back in 01 of the ECSF.
    11. Fave non-basketball player: Marty Brodeur and Peter Forsberg
    12. I have never cheered for a team post-Toronto, but am a Hawks and Nuggets fan.
    13. Guilty Pleasure: The internet itself
    14. Fave TV Show: Don't got one
    16. Fave Music: Punk/Punk-Pop
    17. Fave album: Masterpiece Theatre by Marianas Trench
    18. Fave Beverage: Tea or Dr. Pepper
    19. Actor who'd play me in a movie: Jimmy Bennett
    20. Actor I'd date: No idea either, but will admit I'd prefer a sports personality to date.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: I don't have too many moments (only been watching basketball since around the Rudy Gay to Toronto trade).
    You poor soul.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I guess I'll do this...

1) Age: 16
    2) Born: Vancouver, BC
    3) Hometown: Vancouver, BC
    4) What are your ethnic roots? American and English
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Amir
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: JV
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Harden, Westbrook, Duncan. Swaggy P is funny to watch.
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Miami
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Anyone who acts like a complete idiot. Lawson getting another DUI irked me.
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: I don't have too many moments (only been watching basketball since around the Rudy Gay to Toronto trade), so I'd have to go with the RR forums when we made the playoffs in 2013-2014. Everyone was so pumped, it was great.
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Sedin twins.
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Nobody.
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Eating way too much junk food.
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Either Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Daily Show.
    15) Things that freak you out: Large dogs.
    16) Music preference: I like most music.
    17) Favourite album: Dookie by Green Day.
    18) Beverage preference: Milk or Apple Juice (My beverage options are limited as I'm a minor and I hate the taste of carbonation).
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Kevin Hart, even though I'm white.
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? No idea. Whoever it is I'd just try to take some money and run.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? ....anyone from Ninja Warrior?
    Love me some American Ninja Warrior.

Ryan Stratis, Joe Moravski or Elet Hall are my favs.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    1) Age: 24
    2) Born: Westlock, AB
    3) Hometown: Rossington, AB
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Irish, Danish, German, Ukranian
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: JYD
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jonas Valanciunas
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Curry, Wade, Duncan, Iverson
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Lakers
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Chris Paul
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: to be decided...so far the favs moments are pretty slim pickings
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? ....anyone from Ninja Warrior?
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? None
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Cheesecake, Puns, Prime Numbers
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Firefly, Stargate, Game of Thrones
    15) Things that freak you out: bad teeth
    16) Music preference: All music minus twangy country
    17) Favourite album: A Beautiful Lie - 30 Seconds to Mars
    18) Beverage preference: Sailor Jerry's Spiced or Mill Street Vanilla Porter or Amber's Australian Pepper Berry (Edmonton micro brewery). Non-alcoholic: Iced Tea
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Pierce Brosnan
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Amber Heard Depp

Bonus Jonas Round (because 97% of the above don't mean anything to me/forum):

21) Fav movies: all star wars, Ace Ventura, Ferngully
    22) basketball exp: high school
    23) position: PG
    24) hobbies: basketball (der), gold panning, camping, 1977 Datsun 280z
    25) current city: Calgary
    Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Fri Jul 17, 2015, 12:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Meh why not?

1) Age: 19
    2) Born: Iraq
    3) Hometown: Windsor, ON
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Iraqi
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Bonus Jonas Valanciunas HM: Bosh, Mo Pete, Jamario Moon, TJ Ford
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Demar... SIKE BONUS JONAS
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Lebron, Iverson (I know)
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Toss up. Washington, Phoenix, Brooklyn, Chicago, New York, Lakers and their fans.
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Klay Thompson and his stupid goatee, Paul Pierce, Andre Drummond
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: Weird as it is, but when the Raps lost to Brooklyn. Something about exceeding expectations and playing our hearts out and how Jurassic Park and the whole stadium gave the team a standing ovation instead of just leaving.
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Ronaldo (not Cristiano, I'm talking about the brazilian one)
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? None, I was born the inaugural season
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Lindor chocolate.
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Parks and Rec, The Office
    15) Things that freak you out: Bees/hornets. Got stung on my eyelid once. Never again.
    16) Music preference: Hiphop head (not the hipster nostalgic type)
    17) Favourite album: Tossup again. Aquemini - Outkast, College Dropout - Kanye West, Ready To Die - Biggie, Because The Internet - Childish Gambino, Crenshaw - Nipsey Hussle (technically a mixtape)
    18) Beverage preference: Chocolate milk is the only right answer.
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Aubrey Plaza would dress as a guy and make it hilarious. But more realistically, Steve Carrell
    20) Assume you're still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Auuuuubreeeeeeey (not Drake). She's perfect

Leave a comment:

Working...
X