Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    she has great tits.

are we allowed to openly talk about the movie yet?
    Dammit Miek, you just ruined the whole plot for me.

Comment

• Review from Kotaku which seems to summarize how I feel about a movie I haven't seen yet:
      What I see, release after release [from Marvel], is people only talking about the things that are funny in contemporary Marvel superhero films. The pieces ignore the character interactions or the interesting and strange plot conceits in order to focus on how those interactions generate chortles and guffaws. The breadth of the film is reduced to a razor-thin wire of tracking comedy beats.

Batman v Superman (or BvS for short) is a beautiful antidote for our addiction to the comical superhero film. It is a bleak, confident take on DC’s roster of superheroes that doesn’t fit them into a comfortable framework. Instead, it is a film that gives us characters with motivations and feelings and expects us to come along for a discomforting ride.
      Source
      Plan on checking it out this week and making my own opinions though. But this is how I have always approached the movie ... its not meant to be "fun" or "funny" .. DC has never been either of those really.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Review from Kotaku which seems to summarize how I feel about a movie I haven't seen yet:

Plan on checking it out this week and making my own opinions though. But this is how I have always approached the movie ... its not meant to be "fun" or "funny" .. DC has never been either of those really.
        Interesting take, but again, doesn't fit Nolan's Batman trilogy. No comedic beat tracking in Nolan's films, and critics still loved them.

Comment

Review from Kotaku which seems to summarize how I feel about a movie I haven't seen yet:

No, but let me put it this way: film is art. And good art makes you feel something. You feel some emotional connection to it. The reason why most of the Marvel movies are popular and well-received is not that they are "funny", it's that they tell simple stories that make sense (mostly) about likeable and/or interesting people who are doing interesting things for clear reasons (mostly). It's the same reason the new Star Wars movie is so much better than the prequels.

This review makes me question the quality of this reviewer. None of the characters have any motivation that makes any sense except for Batman, whose motivations are called into question when he completely changes tack over the stupidest possible reason imaginable. Superman is a lifeless, dull, morose, violent sociopath who has no motivation at all and generally just looks like he wants out of this movie. It's hard to say with Wonder Woman cause I couldn't understand a fucking word that woman said, so she may have had a story but I doubt it. And it's really a stretch to sell me on the complexity of a movie and its plot and its themes when it ends in a big end of the world battle set to blaring techno music and blinding visuals that involves a giant orc from Lord of the Rings.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            No, but let me put it this way: film is art. And good art makes you feel something. You feel some emotional connection to it. The reason why most of the Marvel movies are popular and well-received is not that they are "funny", it's that they tell simple stories that make sense (mostly) about likeable and/or interesting people who are doing interesting things for clear reasons (mostly). It's the same reason the new Star Wars movie is so much better than the prequels.

This review makes me question the quality of this reviewer. None of the characters have any motivation that makes any sense except for Batman, whose motivations are called into question when he completely changes tack over the stupidest possible reason imaginable. Superman is a lifeless, dull, morose, violent sociopath who has no motivation at all and generally just looks like he wants out of this movie. It's hard to say with Wonder Woman cause I couldn't understand a fucking word that woman said, so she may have had a story but I doubt it. And it's really a stretch to sell me on the complexity of a movie and its plot and its themes when it ends in a big end of the world battle set to blaring techno music and blinding visuals that involves a giant orc from Lord of the Rings.
            Lmao! Plenty of comedic beats to count, here.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Interesting take, but again, doesn't fit Nolan's Batman trilogy. No comedic beat tracking in Nolan's films, and critics still loved them.
              Nolan is also the Executive Producer on these as well .. so technically these are his as well .. Lol

But to your point, The Joker was brilliant and hilarious in the 2nd one, and easily the highlight of the entire Trilogy.
              Freeman and Michael Cane definitely lightened the mood on several occasions as well.
              And the Third movie was completely forgettable.

Comment

Nolan is also the Executive Producer on these as well .. so technically these are his as well .. Lol

But to your point, The Joker was brilliant and hilarious in the 2nd one, and easily the highlight of the entire Trilogy.
                Freeman and Michael Cane definitely lightened the mood on several occasions as well.
                And the Third movie was completely forgettable.
                I thought Bane was pretty badass, but definitely tough to follow Ledger's Joker.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I thought Bane was pretty badass, but definitely tough to follow Ledger's Joker.
                  Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman totally ruined and canceled out any badass-ness that Bane brought to the Movie ... she was a horrible casting.

And Bale really wasn't my favourite. His bat-voice got more comical and nasaly as the movies went on. Lol

Comment

• God damn this movie looks like its going to be a blast...

And I'll say it ... Leto looks AWESOME as the joker .. especially this shot..

Oh ... and Margot Robbie ...my god ... that is all.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sun Apr 10, 2016, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Is it actually possible that this movie actually does better than Batman v Superman?.. I think its almost likely even at this point.

Comment

Is it actually possible that this movie actually does better than Batman v Superman?.. I think its almost likely even at this point.
                        yes. i think it will do better. most people won't go in with pre-conceived ideas of what the characters have to do. they pushed the boundaries with superman and with batman in the first two movies because they know people are going to watch them, while they build the world. other than joker and harley i doubt most people going to this movie have any ideas what killer croc or katana are going to do.

there is an animation movie called batman: assault on arkam. and i think that is what this movie might be.
                        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3139086/

it was pretty good. joker won't be on the suicide squad because he would think it is funny to make sure all of them die at the best moment for him, himself included.
                        Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Apr 11, 2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Is it actually possible that this movie actually does better than Batman v Superman?.. I think its almost likely even at this point.
                          Box-office wise I'd say it's near impossible that it does better than BvS. It has the word suicide in the title so even really stupid parents won't take their seven-year-olds to it.

Plus Batman/Superman are two of the biggest, most iconic names of all time.

Critically I think it has an excellent chance of surpassing BvS. End of Watch and Fury were both well-received by critics.

Comment

• The Apocalypse marketing is starting to ramp up, and it doesn't look half bad.

Comment

• Can't wait for Civil War

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Can't wait for Civil War
                                The reviews are excellent. My buddy from LA told me a while ago that the early test screenings were overwhelmingly positive and that the buzz was that it was the best superhero movie to date. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X