No announcement yet.

Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya Marvel/Disney has definitely found a formula that works. Can't wait to see what the new Spider-Man will be like. I have a feeling he will be stealing the show. Though the new clips of Black Panther are pretty awesome as well.

Comment

• Some of the new clips they're releasing look pretty excellent..

Gotta love Paul Rudd:

Comment

• And Vision in a V-neck sweater and collared shirt ...?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          And Vision in a V-neck sweater and collared shirt ...?
          That 40 second conversation has more intelligent sentiments in it than the entire BvS movie that was supposed to be too smart for us plebs.....

Comment

• So hard not to watch clips...must wait for movie to actually come out....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              That 40 second conversation has more intelligent sentiments in it than the entire BvS movie that was supposed to be too smart for us plebs.....
              Really? Because this 40 second clip seems just as "legitimate" to me. Granted, I've yet to see BvS, but I'm not sure why people keep saying that its not well communicated what Batmans problem is with Superman ... this sounds pretty clear to me.

Comment

• Watched S v B over the weekend (finally).

** Warning Spoilers **

I'm a big Superman fan.. and I'll just say that I enjoyed the Man of Steel more. To use the "Death of Superman" story line in just his second movie is just wrong. Show us why we give a sh!t about him. There was was one or two shots of him saving anybody.. so the biggest experience people have of the guy is him essentially stopping General Zod and his cronies from destroying the Earth.. but meanwhile killing a sh!t load of people while doing it. Couldn't they have him fly around helping try to put the world back together, or at least show that he's trying? So when you "kill" him off, would anyone really care?

They also f'ed up Lex Luthor. I would have rather seen the dude from Smallville or the guy from the Lois and Clark TV show. At least those guys played Lex the way I think he should be played. Not the reincarnation of the Joker... because he's not the Joker.

Hopefully one day WB gives up the rights to Superman so someone other production company can do him justice.

I thought they did Wonder Woman well though. A bit of mystery there which was nice. And was surprised by Gal Gadot. Didn't think she'd have the chops for it (after seeing the Fast/Furious franchise). But she pulled it off. Needs to learn the english language a bit better, but that's just nitpicking.

It was also nice to see Pa Kent. Loved seeing Costner again in that role even though it was brief.

Comment

• Hmmm ... more Spidey? He is definitely going to be all anyone talks about after this movie I think.

Comment

• So flash director quits and now aquaman director. I can't help but think it is because of the knee jerk reaction by the studios. Seems they all had a vision of a continuous timeline that would have built an original universe and somehow 900 million global before home release is a failure now. Might as well just write all DC movies like a cw TV series I guess.

Not that I care about or know anything about the directors but I have to assume they are getting a shit ton of pressure to make DC aveneger movies.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just watched BvS last night, and honestly, I liked it. I think the extended R-Rated Directors cut will fill a lot of the holes that were left on this one, and I agree the Doomsday delivery was pretty ham-handed, but all in all, I enjoyed it.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        So flash director quits and now aquaman director. I can't help but think it is because of the knee jerk reaction by the studios. Seems they all had a vision of a continuous timeline that would have built an original universe and somehow 900 million global before home release is a failure now. Might as well just write all DC movies like a cw TV series I guess.

Not that I care about or know anything about the directors but I have to assume they are getting a shit ton of pressure to make DC aveneger movies.
                        Just wait until Suicide Squad comes out .. I think a lot of people will change their tune on the DC/WB movies.

Comment

• Finally saw batman v superman, and I can understand why people dislike it. *I liked it more than I thought I would though, but maybe because of how many awful reviews I've heard.

I'll briefly say this....Zack Snyder is a disaster. This guy needs to realize a good movie is not made in post production. Bad flow in all his movies. Cliche story and dialogue writing. It's all about the visuals and sound FX. Dude is like the Michael Bay of comic movies, and if I was running DC that's exactly where I'd point the finger. Get rid of him and get someone in here who understands the characters and won't settle for a mediocre script.

Oh and Luthor was horribly done. They took maybe the best villain in all comics and totally fucked him up. That alone will turn off a lot of people.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• got my tickets for captain america for saturday. super stoked.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Finally saw batman v superman, and I can understand why people dislike it. *I liked it more than I thought I would though, but maybe because of how many awful reviews I've heard.

I'll briefly say this....Zack Snyder is a disaster. This guy needs to realize a good movie is not made in post production. Bad flow in all his movies. Cliche story and dialogue writing. It's all about the visuals and sound FX. Dude is like the Michael Bay of comic movies, and if I was running DC that's exactly where I'd point the finger. Get rid of him and get someone in here who understands the characters and won't settle for a mediocre script.

Oh and Luthor was horribly done. They took maybe the best villain in all comics and totally fucked him up. That alone will turn off a lot of people.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              i hate to be a stickler but in the dc infinite universe there are characters exactly as they were shown. can't really make mistakes when working with infinity.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                got my tickets for captain america for saturday. super stoked.
                                I am going tonight to a pre-screening. Looking forward to it. Sadly, it's in 3D and I hate 3D but I'll survive.

Comment

Working...
                                X