The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Finally got around to watching Hateful 8 on the weekend. Typical Tarantino flick where every second word is the n-word, and with enough blood to make the Red Cross proud.
    yeah i watched it this week too. it seems like nigger is his favourite word. i wonder if it is him trying to take the power of the word away, if he thinks it is edgy and masks lazy writing or if he just found the excuse to get his fill of the word. in this movie, which was long as hell, maybe maybe, he didn't want to waste extra time showing how everyone hates everyone but that was still pretty clear. but every movie he makes.

all in all i liked the movie. i can't wait to see his next disney film

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      yeah i watched it this week too. it seems like nigger is his favourite word. i wonder if it is him trying to take the power of the word away, if he thinks it is edgy and masks lazy writing or if he just found the excuse to get his fill of the word. in this movie, which was long as hell, maybe maybe, he didn't want to waste extra time showing how everyone hates everyone but that was still pretty clear. but every movie he makes.

all in all i liked the movie. i can't wait to see his next disney film
      I think the N-word is part of his trilogy of violence that explores American 'history' - depicting actual violence and the violence of language to an gratuitous degree. I enjoyed all three movies, but am happy that he can (hopefully) move on to something a little different.

Comment

• The Jungle Book is awesome. Fun for both kids (over say 8) and adults.

Comment

• New Jason Bourne movie in July

Really loved the series so far with Matt Damon. There seems to be too much hype with this one and my experience with other similar movie franchises that over hype is disappointing. However the main star and great director Greengrass are back on this one so I am keeping my fingers crossed....hope they dont fuck up.

The theme music:

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Really loved the series so far with Matt Damon. There seems to be too much hype with this one and my experience with other similar movie franchises that over hype is disappointing. However the main star and great director Greengrass are back on this one so I am keeping my fingers crossed....hope they dont fuck up.

The theme music:

It's a sequel right?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              It's a sequel right?
              Yes it is. There have been 4 so far. All but 1 without Damon. Have you seen any?

Comment

• i really think the jeremy renner one was just a shitty spy movie they knew sucked so they added bourne to the title and had him go to a shack where the word bourne was etched into the bed. that was a horrible horrible movie. the bourne series is a winner. i especially liked the first one.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i really think the jeremy renner one was just a shitty spy movie they knew sucked so they added bourne to the title and had him go to a shack where the word bourne was etched into the bed. that was a horrible horrible movie. the bourne series is a winner. i especially liked the first one.
                  If I am not mistaken the Renner one happened because Damon was negative about continuing the franchise at the time alongwith script and direction issues. Anyway, he's back! And yes the series always was entertaining while retaining the plausibility of the events/plot lines. I am also a sucker for espionage tales...haha.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Yes it is. There have been 4 so far. All but 1 without Damon. Have you seen any?
                    I watched them a while back but I don't remember too well. I will watch through them all before this releases, looks like it'll be good

Comment

• Anton Yelchin has died in what has to be the most tragic and Random Hollywood deaths in a very long time ...
                      “On Sunday, June 19 at 1:10 in the morning, a fatal traffic collision occurred. It was the result of the victim’s own car rolling backwards down his steep driveway, pinning him against a brick mailbox pillar and security fence. The victim was on his way to meet his friends for rehearsal. And when he didn’t show up, his friends went to his house, where they found him deceased by his car. It appeared he had momentarily exited his car leaving it in the driveway.”
                      Bummer.. I liked this guy.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Anton Yelchin has died in what has to be the most tragic and Random Hollywood deaths in a very long time ...

Bummer.. I liked this guy.
                        Yes too bad for sure. I read a blurb on the event...it was a Jeep and the particular model has an issue with it's gear slipping from park to neutral...!!?? I suppose Chrysler shall be hearing from the lawyers fairly soon. It didnt say that the parking brake was/was not engaged...it being an inclined driveway should have been.

Comment

• Has anyone watched the Central Intelligence? Any reviews please?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Has anyone watched the Central Intelligence? Any reviews please?
                            You can't really go wrong with The Rock. Pretty much everything he does is highly entertaining.

Comment

• Zero Days

A new documentary film on the StuxNet malware which was first used to infect the centrifuges in the Iranian nuclear facilities.

To be released July 8th and promises to be entertaining.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/zero-days/

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Has anyone watched the Central Intelligence? Any reviews please?
                                Went to the Drive In theatre last weekend, got to see 3 movies; Tarzan, CIA and The Conjuring 2.

Our spot was dreadful, back of the lot and we were 10 mins late due to 9th Line being shut down and there was a huge line to get in. I held up my phone at arms length and it was larger than the screen from where we were parked. Needless to say, Tarzan was not so good from way back there. CIA came on next and I was pleasantly surprised, but as Slaw said, you can't go wrong with The Rock. Just make sure you see the first few scenes with him, the high school scene is a hoot.

We got to move up to third row for the Conjuring 2, but it was already 1:30am by that point and I was getting drunk. Very good for it's genre, but you dont get nearly as creeped out after you've had 5 or 6 tallboys.

All in all, $24 for me and my old lady to watch 3 movies, I give em all a thumbs up.

Comment

Working...
                                X