No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I generally avoid "Opening Night" anything, but I've been patiently waiting for this movie for a decade ... so fuck waiting. Haha

Comment

• I really don’t like the Avengers movies. Very flat to me.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        I really don’t like the Avengers movies. Very flat to me.
        this is more of an event. the payoff for years of visual commitment

Comment

• cant ya just download it and watch it at home?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            I really don’t like the Avengers movies. Very flat to me.
            I liked the first one, I think. I generally find the Marvel movies pretty decent for the big budget tent pole movies.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              cant ya just download it and watch it at home?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                cant ya just download it and watch it at home?
                Movies in the theatre are far better than on a laptop. It’s an experience.

Comment

• It's so good. Thanos is easily the best movie Super Villain we've seen. I've got complaints, but I won't share em. It's awesome. Go see it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    It's so good. Thanos is easily the best movie Super Villain we've seen. I've got complaints, but I won't share em. It's awesome. Go see it.
                    The early numbers are staggering. On pace to be one of the top 3 or 4 grossing movies of all time.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      The early numbers are staggering. On pace to be one of the top 3 or 4 grossing movies of all time.
                      I had every expectation that this movie would break all records, full stop. Will still be surprised if it doesn't.

Comment

I had every expectation that this movie would break all records, full stop. Will still be surprised if it doesn't.
                        Yeah, you never know. Don't see it passing Avatar and Titanic, though. That would be insane. Will be curious if it breaks into the top-10 all time when adjusted for inflation. Only Avatar, Titanic and Star Wars: Force Awakens (which will likely knock off Snow White and the 7 Dwarves) can lay claim to that list among modern movies. Would need over $1.9 billion or close.

Comment

Finally get a real trailer ... and I really don't know how to feel ... I'll watch it I'm sure, but initial reactions are that it looks pretty bad ... Lol
                          Finally watched the trailer. Is it wrong for me to be more intrigued about this than Infinity War?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Finally watched the trailer. Is it wrong for me to be more intrigued about this than Infinity War?
                            Yes. This looks terrible, though, if you did Venom right, you could make the best good-bad movie ever....

Comment

• I think the part that looked the cheesiest, was the actual reveal of Venom's face. But I won't judge based on a 1/2 second clip.

I dunno, I think I'm all Avergered out. Oh look, another superhero movie where everyone gets together and defeats the bad guy. Never seen that before.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Yes. Completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X