The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Also, Snyder's films are infinitely more interesting than the soap opera that is the MCU. I can not bring myself to care about most superhero movies but Snyder did it. I also watched the newest Wonder Woman movie and it is easily one of the worst films of the year. Preachy in all the worst ways with an awful plot.
    Yeah, this movie is definitely better than the original movie which I only got 20 minutes into before shutting off but the plot is stupid and absurd, the script is still pretty bad and the acting is mediocre at best (outside of the Adams and Affleck the cast is not good). The first half is decent but it starts to lose momentum toward the finale and then that bizarre and ridiculous epilogue(s?) was just awful.

I confess that I am biased in that I like my superhero movies about superheroes not whatever the people in these movies are supposed to be (gods/angels/avatars?). No interest in watching any more post-modern deconstruction of age-old heroes that were supposed to represent the ultimate ideals of humanity to which we should all aspire being turned into fallen gods or sociopathic killing machines.

Comment

• Just saw Dune. Easily the best movie I've seen in a very long time. Absolutely loved it. It's alot to take in, but man is it worth it.
      The Cinematography is exactly what any fan of Denis Villeneuve would expect to see.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Just saw Dune. Easily the best movie I've seen in a very long time. Absolutely loved it. It's alot to take in, but man is it worth it.
        The Cinematography is exactly what any fan of Denis Villeneuve would expect to see.
        Looking fwd to seeing it ... understand this is just part 1 so there is a sequel coming I assume. The reviews have been very good.

Comment

Just saw Dune. Easily the best movie I've seen in a very long time. Absolutely loved it. It's alot to take in, but man is it worth it.
          Yep saw it last night too. Really good. Was worried part way through it was going to stop earlier then i expected it to.. But reading the book i kinda guessed they would split they story were they did.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Looking fwd to seeing it ... understand this is just part 1 so there is a sequel coming I assume. The reviews have been very good.
            Ya, a Part 2 is basically a sure thing from what I've heard. And can't wait. There's going to be a LOT more weird and amazing shit to see in Part 2.

Comment

Ya, a Part 2 is basically a sure thing from what I've heard. And can't wait. There's going to be a LOT more weird and amazing shit to see in Part 2.
              Saw it finally .. great production ... vistas and flying ships and helis and flying bugs ... had the Villeneuve signature of dark/shadow lighting. Had not seen the previous version/s nor read the book so still trying to digest events. The singular depressive feeling I got ... the setting is about 10,000 years into the future and the worlds and living hasn't much changed and have got worse it seems ....power, controlling resources and oppression still reign ...lol.

Hope part 2 is more hopeful

Comment

• Saw a bunch of movies at VIFF. Red Rocket is the best film of the year, so far best of the decade for me.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  Saw a bunch of movies at VIFF. Red Rocket is the best film of the year, so far best of the decade for me.
                  Ya I heard it was good. And that's actually Simon Rex's (guy who plays the main character) back story I believe.

Comment

Ya I heard it was good. And that's actually Simon Rex's (guy who plays the main character) back story I believe.
                    Simon Rex's performance is absolutely incredible. From the first frame, he chews the scenery like one of the greats and I really think he deserves to be in the best actor race at the Oscars. Probably won't happen though. Sean Baker is one of the best filmmakers working today though.

Comment

• Didn't know where to place this find ... it's not a movie but more a documentary about a not-so-famous basketball player from down-under named Luc Longley who won championships playing for the Chicago Bulls during their hey-day and MJ. It's a poignant piece about culture change and acceptance and conformity and how LL had to adapt.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Didn't know where to place this find ... it's not a movie but more a documentary about a not-so-famous basketball player from down-under named Luc Longley who won championships playing for the Chicago Bulls during their hey-day and MJ. It's a poignant piece about culture change and acceptance and conformity and how LL had to adapt.
                        Yeah, I watched it... it was good. It's kind of sad that the Aussies had to make a documentary because they felt so bad for Longley because MJ left him out of the Last Dance. MJ can be such a self-absorbed d*ck.

Comment

• Just watched the Chip n' Dale movie. It's absolutely hilarious. They nailed it. Definitely meant for 90's kids who are now adults, but good for the kids too.

Comment

• i actually dug wakanda. thought the feeling of tokenizing had gone and paring it with oppressed central americans (oldest super hero in mcu) was a dope move to give wakanda depth. not sure how they didnt know about each other tho...

Comment

• If we are talking about movies then James Bond movie must be highlighted as well. Because of his fashion sense. In terms of choosing the Mens James Bond costumes, there are several guidelines that can help you determine the look.

Comment

• My lady dragged me to see the new Avatar.

Really way too damn long and all them blue pricks can fuck off.

2/10.

Comment

Working...
                                X