TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    jessica jones out today. season 1 is my 2nd, maybe 3rd, favourite netflix marvel after daredevil 2, and tight with punisher. so stoked.
    Yeah, the overrated Marvel Netflix shows. I actually thought the Defenders was fun but not many people seemed to like it. I liked the first half of Luke Cage and parts of JJ. Didn't like Iron Fist that much, though, it wasn't nearly as bad as critics made it out to be (at least compared to the other shows). DD has never really impressed me. I liked some parts of season 2 but it's way too up and down.

No idea why 13 episodes. 7 would have been enough.... Punisher is in my queue so it might be awhile before I get to Jessica Jones.

Comment

• How come nobody talks about Open Gym on this thread?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Yeah, the overrated Marvel Netflix shows. I actually thought the Defenders was fun but not many people seemed to like it. I liked the first half of Luke Cage and parts of JJ. Didn't like Iron Fist that much, though, it wasn't nearly as bad as critics made it out to be (at least compared to the other shows). DD has never really impressed me. I liked some parts of season 2 but it's way too up and down.

No idea why 13 episodes. 7 would have been enough.... Punisher is in my queue so it might be awhile before I get to Jessica Jones.
        The Punisher is easily my favourite followed by Daredevil. Jon Bernthal absolutely kills it as the punisher, on the level of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool.

Comment

• I'm hoping they make a ghost rider netflix series starring Keanu Reeves

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Ya, so I'm done with Walking Dead. I think it's pretty clear they just have no idea what they're doing anymore. Lol

This article sums up my feelings (don't know why Forbes is talking about Walking Dead, but whatevs):
            https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#6303f81b3c87
            I haven't even watched an episode from the second half yet.

If you're done with the show and you've not read the comics then I'd strongly recommend doing so. It's far superior to the show. I don't read comics but I make an exception here. It's good entertainment.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I have no interest in the show anymore either. Too many good shows on tv anyway. Not worth the time to watch a show that's directionless.
              Can't comment on the second half of the show but I know the future because I've read the source material and I can tell you there are huge things in the future if the show continues on.

I guess I'm going to have to watch these new TWD episodes to see what the problem is about.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                I'm hoping they make a ghost rider netflix series starring Keanu Reeves
                netflix is losiing the marvel shows. disney is taking them back. a dick move after the work to make tv superhero shows viable, that netflix did. i am curious as to whether disney lets punisher punish the way netflix did. will they give us the prison shanking scene?

i would actually like a she-hulk series next. i think the judicial system that netflix connects its stories with opens a she hulk story up well.

david tennant's purple man made jessica jones season 1 i guess. season 2 is not so great.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  netflix is losiing the marvel shows. disney is taking them back. a dick move after the work to make tv superhero shows viable, that netflix did. i am curious as to whether disney lets punisher punish the way netflix did. will they give us the prison shanking scene?

i would actually like a she-hulk series next. i think the judicial system that netflix connects its stories with opens a she hulk story up well.

david tennant's purple man made jessica jones season 1 i guess. season 2 is not so great.
                  Don't know why it is a dick move. They're going to compete head to head with Netflix. I mean they purchased most of Fox, they're a serious player now.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Don't know why it is a dick move. They're going to compete head to head with Netflix. I mean they purchased most of Fox, they're a serious player now.
                    i mean dick move in the sense that netflix bought the licensing for b-list heroes, invested in their creation, had success, and now will lose the ability to make the shows. legally completely legit, and business wise a brilliant move.

Comment

• Anyone here watched Fargo? Loved the movie and thinking of finally starting the show.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        Anyone here watched Fargo? Loved the movie and thinking of finally starting the show.
                        I'm in the same boat. Skeptical that the show can live up to the mastery of the movie, but good reviews so far (from what I've heard).

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          Anyone here watched Fargo? Loved the movie and thinking of finally starting the show.
                          I watched most of the third season. Have not seen the others. It's well-made. The acting is very good. Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are terrific. Based on your posts here I think you'd probably like it. The one thing that turned me off was some of the violence. I normally don't mind violent shows/movies but there's something unsettling about the violence in this particular show. Hard to explain without watching it.

Comment

• So I'm caught up on Walking Dead. I honestly don't get why anyone would have been turned off by these episodes. It was pretty much par for the course compared to recent seasons.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              So I'm caught up on Walking Dead. I honestly don't get why anyone would have been turned off by these episodes. It was pretty much par for the course compared to recent seasons.
                              I haven’t watched since the break but I think a lot of disappointment is Carl related for fans.

Personally I can’t really put my finger on it but I just don’t care about the show the same way I used to. Too many characters and not enough depth perhaps? Honestly don’t know but even after watching an episode I don’t feel the pull to immediately watch another.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I didn't like the Carl character that much. It might have been the actor, I'm not sure but I wasn't a Carl fan. I wasn't cheering his death but it was kind of a meh moment for me.

I feel like they could have done The Saviors story line a little better but still, they're an interesting crew and I find them far more interesting than many of the good guys. I won't get into detail but the last episode had an important confrontation which also disappointed me a little but most shows are imperfect and to me it seems like TWD this season is better than last season. I also understand generally what's coming next and so I know there should be good times ahead in Season 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X