No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, loved reading everyone's reviews on the different series.

Luke Cage season 2 was a complete upgrade from season 1 to me. I thought the story and the character connections were so much better.

Daredevil/Punisher/Jessica Jones were all good, too.

Defenders was fun, but it was slow to start. It was definitely worth the investment into the season, though.

Watched the first episode of Iron Fist season 2, and I've got to say, it was solid. Better than any of season 1, in my opinion, lol. I've just got to say, for a martial arts expert, and a guy who is the "defender" of K'un-Lun, Finn Jones and his stunt-double are kinda lacking for me. It just feels so rudimentary, lol.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Three episodes into the Night Manager, with Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston, and really enjoying it.

Comment

• I just got started on season 1 of Ozark. Better late than never, right?

After watching Arrested Development, I'm still unsure of Bateman in a dramatic role.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I just got started on season 1 of Ozark. Better late than never, right?

After watching Arrested Development, I'm still unsure of Bateman in a dramatic role.
          I quit halfway into the first episode. Let me know if it gets better, it felt like a cheap Breaking Bad knockoff to me.

I'm halfway through Maniac. It's quirky and a little too precious but definitely interesting. Also Jonah Hill is doing his best but they really should have cast a better actor. Everyone else is crushing it.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I quit halfway into the first episode. Let me know if it gets better, it felt like a cheap Breaking Bad knockoff to me.

I'm halfway through Maniac. It's quirky and a little too precious but definitely interesting. Also Jonah Hill is doing his best but they really should have cast a better actor. Everyone else is crushing it.
            I'm 3 episodes into Ozark. But agreed, the pilot seemed to move at a mile-a-minute, and definitely some resemblance to Breaking Bad. But it does slow down to a more manageable pace. I'm intrigued so far.

Comment

• I really like Ozark. It's like a somber-blue Breaking Bad where the whole family is in on it.

Lots of good "comedies" out there right now. Maniac, The Good Place (S2), Forever, Miss Maisel, Bojack, Arrested Development, Archer, Better Call Saul, more.
              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Three episodes into the Night Manager, with Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston, and really enjoying it.
                Wow...did not realize there was a Season 2. Saw s1 and really enjoyed it.

....Edit: False alarm ..S2 is just a rumour! Assume you are on S1 then?
                Last edited by Bendit; Wed Sep 26, 2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• I just finished Maniac. I honestly think it’s a masterpiece. It is such a clever story that really explores complex and difficult themes. It balances comedy with drama expertly. The performances across the board are incredible (Jonah Hill gets better throughout. He really shines in this one if you can separate him from his past characters). This may be because I didn’t really know what to expect going into it, but I was absolutely floored by this mini series. The writing was incredible as well.

This show is so much higher quality than anything on Netflix. It’s a thought provoking, cinematic masterpiece. I truly believe this.

Comment

• I also thought Ozark got really boring really fast, after a pilot that felt way too contrived. I did watch the whole thing because my friends wanted to, but I really didn’t like it. It devolves into Jason Bateman’s character putting his jacket on and saying something along the lines of “I have to go do something to make sure this family survives” to his wife and then leaving. Really derivative. Characters all seem like characters as opposed to real people. They’re very static and don’t have a lot of depth to them. The situations they’re out in also seem very contrived like I said. Hopefully I don’t have to watch season 3.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Wow...did not realize there was a Season 2. Saw s1 and really enjoyed it.

....Edit: False alarm ..S2 is just a rumour! Assume you are on S1 then?
                      Yep, just Season 1! Sorry to get your hopes up. I have also already inquired about a 2nd Season, because I'm enjoying this so much, and there's only 6 episodes.

Comment

• Anyone have Prime Video?

Just picked up on Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. Fricking fun so far. John Krasinski does an impressive job playing the part. Just on episode 2, and I'm already hooked.

It's not your average American vs. terrorist in the middle-east war. Already some solid character development. From my perspective. I recommend it to those who love action and the puzzles of crime/war, etc.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                          Anyone have Prime Video?

Just picked up on Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. Fricking fun so far. John Krasinski does an impressive job playing the part. Just on episode 2, and I'm already hooked.

It's not your average American vs. terrorist in the middle-east war. Already some solid character development. From my perspective. I recommend it to those who love action and the puzzles of crime/war, etc.
                          Ya I'm 4 Episodes in, and enjoying it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Ya I'm 4 Episodes in, and enjoying it.
                            It's awesome.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              It's awesome.
                              It's on my never-ending list of shows to watch....but I'll move it closer to the top.

Comment

• Just finished Jack Ryan. Good watch. I'd watch a second season.

Comment

Working...
                                X