TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Got into teen titans go. 4 season on netflix, and really good. Really funny show
    Haha, my 6 and 4 yr old watch this religiously.

Comment

• I don't consider myself a "Trekkie" but I do enjoy TNG and with that said:
      Sir Patrick Stewart shook Star Trek fans to the core last August when he announced that he would be stepping back into the shoes of Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the U.S.S. Starship Enterprise-D. He is going to star in a new Trek series centered around Picard, set 20 years after his stint on Star Trek: Next Generation.

The series will air on CBS All Access and is executive produced by Alex Kurtzman, who is overseeing the Trek universe for CBS Studios. The show begins production very shortly, and we're gathering everything that you need to know about the series leading up to the premiere. Here's what we know so far.
      https://www.tvguide.com/news/star-tr...thing-to-know/

This below part makes me slightly concerned...
      It will not be the same Picard you're used to: The new series takes place 20 years after Next Gen ended, in approximately 2399 — putting it further in the future than any previous Trek iteration.

"Patrick was very clear to us in the beginning. He did not want to repeat what he had already done. And by the way, it's been 20-plus years, so he couldn't possibly be that same person anymore," Kurtzman teased. "And so the question becomes: What has happened to him in that period of time? Have there been occurrences that force him to reckon with choices that he's made in his life? How do you hold on to being the person everybody loved when the circumstances around you may have changed so radically? Those are the big questions that we're asking."
      I am hoping they do not piss on Picard in the same way Disney pissed on Luke Skywalker. Time will tell but if the writing is on the level of Discovery I'll be passing anyway.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I don't consider myself a "Trekkie" but I do enjoy TNG and with that said:
        https://www.tvguide.com/news/star-tr...thing-to-know/

This below part makes me slightly concerned...

I am hoping they do not piss on Picard in the same way Disney pissed on Luke Skywalker. Time will tell but if the writing is on the level of Discovery I'll be passing anyway.

Does it take place after Q met him in France in the finale?

picard is my favourite captain. I hope this show is good because the next generation finale was the best trek has to offer.

Comment

• Has anyone here seen True Detective? The first season was really great.. I started the second last night and it was a bit of a bore and ended it early (around the 30 min mark). Is it worth watching? Does it get better? I don't really care for any of the characters in that second season yet.. but like I said I ended it early.

Comment

Does it take place after Q met him in France in the finale?

picard is my favourite captain. I hope this show is good because the next generation finale was the best trek has to offer.
            Its going to be different. He's no longer in Star Fleet. My best guess is it will be like those few episodes where he's on an away mission by himself or on "vacation".

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Has anyone here seen True Detective? The first season was really great.. I started the second last night and it was a bit of a bore and ended it early (around the 30 min mark). Is it worth watching? Does it get better? I don't really care for any of the characters in that second season yet.. but like I said I ended it early.
              It's definitely not as good as the first season. I thought it was decent, not great. I found it worth watching but I can't say it's some amazing show if you slog through the early stuff, it's pretty much the same throughout.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's definitely not as good as the first season. I thought it was decent, not great. I found it worth watching but I can't say it's some amazing show if you slog through the early stuff, it's pretty much the same throughout.
                I ended up watching the entire season. It was still a good season... not as good as the first, but still worth watching. First couple of episodes were dry but it got better. That shoot out scene was pretty great.

Going to start Season 3 tonight probably.

Comment

• I am perhaps a little late to the party, but I'm a few episodes into the Haunting of Hill House ... man oh man ... I don't watch any of those newer scary movies that are coming out, so I don't know how this compares, but man is it good. That first episode blew me away.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I am perhaps a little late to the party, but I'm a few episodes into the Haunting of Hill House ... man oh man ... I don't watch any of those newer scary movies that are coming out, so I don't know how this compares, but man is it good. That first episode blew me away.
                    bent neck lady had me pretty scared

Comment

bent neck lady had me pretty scared
                      Just watched that episode ... I legit covered my eyes for most of the ending part of that ... No shame. Haha

As a concept though, that is pretty fuckin awesome ... and messed up.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        I am perhaps a little late to the party, but I'm a few episodes into the Haunting of Hill House ... man oh man ... I don't watch any of those newer scary movies that are coming out, so I don't know how this compares, but man is it good. That first episode blew me away.
                        The sixth episode is one of the best directed shows I've seen on tv in a long time. They do this take in one shot that's just brilliant. So look forward to that if you haven't seen it yet.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The sixth episode is one of the best directed shows I've seen on tv in a long time. They do this take in one shot that's just brilliant. So look forward to that if you haven't seen it yet.
                          That episode was something else. Really impressed with this show. 1 more episode to go.

Comment

• Can't wait:

Comment

• This is some AAA shit right here:

Comment

• Watched the first two seasons of Fargo over the weekend.. amazing show! I loved the movie, but didn't think a show made any sense. Can't believe it took me this long to watch it. Ewan McGregor apparently plays twins in the 3rd season.. can't wait!

Have a new found respect for Billy Bob Thornton.

Comment

Working...
                                X