TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    They really ruined Cersei in the second last episode. We needed a little more to explain he (in)actions. I mean she was Tywin in female form. Tywin wouldn't have gone out like that... Unless the bricks fell on him while he was taking a dump.
    Cersei was Tywin in female form? No, she thought she was Tywin in female form. Huge difference. She was never Tywin. Not even close.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Started watching on a whim, and had to cut myself off after Ep 1, or else risk staying up until like 4 am on a work night. Lol Production quality is incredible as always with HBO.

Started rewatching Deadwood as well .. god damn I love that show.
      You gonna watch the movie? I liked it a lot, tried to wrap up the story that got cut off quick with the sudden cancellation at the end of season 3.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

You gonna watch the movie? I liked it a lot, tried to wrap up the story that got cut off quick with the sudden cancellation at the end of season 3.
        Ya exactly, that's why I started rewatching the show. Heard about the movie, and figured it'd been like over 10 years since I watched the show. Lol Very much looking forward to it.

Comment

• So I finished binge watching Lost (started it after the playoffs ended). Second time I saw the series, and glad I did. Missed a lot the first time around. There was a lot of controversy over the show and how it ended but I thought it was great.

One of the best shows ever IMO. Can't believe a network like ABC would give that show a shot. So many characters.. lots of confusing elements. The geek in me loved it back then.. but loved it even more the second time around.

And it doesn't feel out dated at all.

Comment

• stranger things 3 was really good. love the 10 episode length, compared to a marvel 13 episode that comes with 180 minutes of filler. liked the pace, liked the way they set up the groupings.

i didn't like that harrington the hair didn't get his girl. thought harrington showed a lot of character growth. i think will, and max need to be written off, they were basically just there this season.

good season.

Comment

• This is one of the best shows on TV (that no one knows about because it's on ePIX). Ben Kingsley, AYFKM?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                This is one of the best shows on TV (that no one knows about because it's on ePIX). Ben Kingsley, AYFKM?

What the hell is ePix?! It's got Jimmi Simpson as well, and I loove him. I wanna watch!!

Comment

• Started watching "After Life" with Ricky Gervais. Very charming show.

Comment

Started watching "After Life" with Ricky Gervais. Very charming show.
                    So what happened to the brawl that used to be the Politics thread ?
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

So what happened to the brawl that used to be the Politics thread ?
                      LOL Was wondering that myself. No idea. It's literally just disappeared. Not even in the Trash Bin that we Mods have access to.

Comment

LOL Was wondering that myself. No idea. It's literally just disappeared. Not even in the Trash Bin that we Mods have access to.
                        Telford and Butts had it removed....
                        The Arsenalist guy took the payoff...
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Finally have a date for Season 4 of The Expanse on Prime!!! It's about god damn time!!

Also, Burn Gorman (guy in Thumbnail) from GOT is a phenomonal actor, and I'm super stoked to see they got him for the new season.

Pretty sure I'm the only one here that watches it, but if you're looking for the best Sci-Fi show on TV, then I would recommend you get caught up before December.

Edit: Did not know this, but one of the writers of the Expanse books worked under GRRM for many years. I knew Martin is a huge fan of the books and show, but that makes it even cooler, since I've always said this is basically just Game of Thrones in Space.
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Jul 23, 2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Narcos ... god damn this show is good. The guy who plays Pablo Escobar is fantastic.

Comment

• The Boys on Prime...so good.

Also, who knew there was a Dark Crystal series coming?

Comment

• Anyone see "American Crime Story"? The first season was about the OJ Trial. Second season about the Vircace murder. Loved that first season. Learned a lot. To keep my OJ fix going, I saw the ESPN documentary called "Made in America". That was fantastic.

I was in highschool when the OJ trial was happening. Only paid attention a bit.. was too busy that summer to really pay too much attention to it. I only really remembered OJ from the Naked Gun movies and not from his football career. But I knew of him. The bronco chase was wild. To get the verdict of not guilty when he it was obviously him was crazy. I remember seeing the not guilty verdict live and was stunned. Now I get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X