TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Anyone see "American Crime Story"? The first season was about the OJ Trial. Second season about the Vircace murder. Loved that first season. Learned a lot. To keep my OJ fix going, I saw the ESPN documentary called "Made in America". That was fantastic.

I was in highschool when the OJ trial was happening. Only paid attention a bit.. was too busy that summer to really pay too much attention to it. I only really remembered OJ from the Naked Gun movies and not from his football career. But I knew of him. The bronco chase was wild. To get the verdict of not guilty when he it was obviously him was crazy. I remember seeing the not guilty verdict live and was stunned. Now I get it.

FX has some good stuff right now. What we do in the Shadows is hilarious. Always Sunny is treading into Historically good at this point. Haven't watched Legion, but heard great things. The Crime Stories. Atlanta.

There's too many goddam shows to watch at this point.

Comment

• Barry on HBO is really good. Bill Hader actually does some really great acting.

Comment

• Atlanta is SO GOOD.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

FX has some good stuff right now. What we do in the Shadows is hilarious. Always Sunny is treading into Historically good at this point. Haven't watched Legion, but heard great things. The Crime Stories. Atlanta.

There's too many goddam shows to watch at this point.
          Yeah FX has some awesome shows. Sons of Anarchy was great. I've heard some awesome things about The Americans which just ended after 6 seasons. Fargo was a blast (although haven't seen that 3rd season yet which I heard was a downer). The Shield is supposed to be great too.

I'm loving TV right now. I love how networks like Netflix and HBO give us 8-10 episode seasons. That's like perfect. We get mini-movies but with super awesome character development. Just finished Ozark's second season last night. Laura Linney is amazing. I can watch her in anything.

I'm going to try Mindhunter next. I've heard good things about Legion and Atlanta too.

Comment

• Legion is probably my favourite show currently on TV.

Comment

• I don't know if any of you have watched the show "Dark" on Netflix but I thought it was awesome. They have two seasons up with one left to go and its a mind bending ride.

Comment

• I've got relatively high hopes for the new CBS series for The Stand. Stephen King penned the final episode to incorporate the (proper/extended/alternate?) ending that he's had in his mind for decades.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I don't know if any of you have watched the show "Dark" on Netflix but I thought it was awesome. They have two seasons up with one left to go and its a mind bending ride.
                  Nice, was wondering about that one.

Comment

I don't know if any of you have watched the show "Dark" on Netflix but I thought it was awesome. They have two seasons up with one left to go and its a mind bending ride.
                    Thanks for the recommendation. Saw the first episode, and I'm intrigued. A pretty weird show.. and that's a good thing.

Stranger Things meets the Twilight Zone? The acting isn't great.. but that's fine with me. I have some stuff to do this weekend.. but hoping I can finish off the first season before Monday.

Comment

I watched season 1 and thought it was alright. Season 2 just came out recently and apparently my wife liked it a lot more than me cuz she binge watched the whole season without me, I only caught bits and pieces. She will likely watch season 2 again before season 3 is out, so I'll catch up at that point. So many shows and sports, so little time!

Comment

Dark is easily one of my favourite shows on Netflix. Brilliant.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Dark is easily one of my favourite shows on Netflix. Brilliant.
                          I watched season 1 & 2 in about a couple weeks. I'm going through Dark withdrawal. lol

Comment

• Having a great TV weekend.

Finished off Dark Season 2 (great show, can't believe I have to wait at least a year for Season 3 now - ugh!). Have one more episode to go with Chernobyl which I'll wrap up later this afternoon/evening. One of the best mini-series I've ever seen.

Going to have to figure out what to do next with my time. Tried Mindhunter but couldn't get into it.. couldn't even finish the first episode. I still have it in my queue though in case I feel like trying again. Heard A Night Of was good. Might try it out next. Either that or The Night Manager. Loved Hugh Laurie from House.. and I heard great things about that one too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Having a great TV weekend.

Finished off Dark Season 2 (great show, can't believe I have to wait at least a year for Season 3 now - ugh!). Have one more episode to go with Chernobyl which I'll wrap up later this afternoon/evening. One of the best mini-series I've ever seen.

Going to have to figure out what to do next with my time. Tried Mindhunter but couldn't get into it.. couldn't even finish the first episode. I still have it in my queue though in case I feel like trying again. Heard A Night Of was good. Might try it out next. Either that or The Night Manager. Loved Hugh Laurie from House.. and I heard great things about that one too.

Alright FINE, I'll watch Dark ... Geeeeez.

And HBO's The Night Of is pretty fantastic ... I mean, it's HBO, so it's not like you really have to wonder or take a gamble ... hard to watch sometimes, but in the same way that Chernobyl is "hard to watch". If you watched the Wire, you'll recognize Michael K. Williams ... he's a scene stealer everytime.

Night Manager was great. Changed my mind about Tom Hiddleston. The guy oozes charm. And Hugh Laurie is just so good.

Jack Ryan with John Krazinsky was a nice surprise as well if you're into that sort of fare. It's getting a 2nd Season as well shortly.

I will once again plug The Expanse in hopes someone else watches it, so I have someone to talk about it with... Haha
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 19, 2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Heard Preacher was really good. I think I'll elevate that and maybe Dark to the top of my list.

Comment

Working...
                                X