TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post

oh man, episodes 4, 5, 6 are amazing!!!!
    Yeah the entire season, but those 3 episodes were so good. The end of the 8th was wicked as well. When I saw that lone ship entered the screen, I'm like there is no way the writers would bring that guy in.. and then wham!

Apparently they are doing a spin off series on Ahsoka Tano.. just the name drop alone that she had is going to make me want to watch that series.

The Mandalorian really saved the franchise from the debacle of the prequel and then those sequels.

Comment

• Watched Queen's Gambit yesterday... all 7 episodes (had to watch the last one after the Raptor game). It was pretty addictive. Maybe a tad long with some redundant scenes in the show, but overall a good one. Anya Taylor-Joy should win an award. Got the most beautiful eyes in hollywood.

Mandalorian for Christmas and Queen's Gambit for boxing day. Not a bad way to end the year.

Comment

• Really liked Queens Gambit as well.

"The Undoing" with Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman is pretty great too. Hugh Grant really transforms himself for that one. And Donald Sutherland is amazing. Like, amazing.

Also, that Documentary "Class Action Park" is great. Nice little view into life growing up in the 80s as well.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah the entire season, but those 3 episodes were so good. The end of the 8th was wicked as well. When I saw that lone ship entered the screen, I'm like there is no way the writers would bring that guy in.. and then wham!

Apparently they are doing a spin off series on Ahsoka Tano.. just the name drop alone that she had is going to make me want to watch that series.

The Mandalorian really saved the franchise from the debacle of the prequel and then those sequels.
          Not just Ahsoka, but also Boba Fett, Obi Wan, Rangers of the New Republic (spin off during Mando timeline), Andor (series prequel to Rogue One), the Bad Batch - animated (spin off after Order 66) plus some limited details available but announcements on Lando, and the Acolyte (mystery thriller set hundreds of year before Phantom Menace). And that's just the series... Rogue Squadron is getting a movie which could be epic.

As for how Mando played out, it was awesome. Where they go from here, who knows, but the options are plentiful for Favreau to take that show wherever he wants.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I started The Expanse yesterday. Finished the first season. It is a fantastic show. I believe it was Joey that recommended it last year I think.

I read the synopsis and watched a trailer for the series, and just didn't seem like it would be my cup of tea... but the show is so much better than how they described it. The casting is great. The production is top notch. I can't believe SyFy would have the budget for a show like this. Really great stuff.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I started The Expanse yesterday. Finished the first season. It is a fantastic show. I believe it was Joey that recommended it last year I think.

I read the synopsis and watched a trailer for the series, and just didn't seem like it would be my cup of tea... but the show is so much better than how they described it. The casting is great. The production is top notch. I can't believe SyFy would have the budget for a show like this. Really great stuff.
              Yeeeesss!!! Glad you like it! It definitely gets better after the first season too.

Comment

• Binged The Boys on Amazon over the weekend ... god damn that's some good entertainment.

Antony Starr as Homelander is one of the most amazing performances ever ... dude is incredible!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Binged The Boys on Amazon over the weekend ... god damn that's some good entertainment.

Antony Starr as Homelander is one of the most amazing performances ever ... dude is incredible!
                  Took me about 3 months, but I finally finished season 2 on Saturday as well lol what an awesome show. Can't wait for season 3.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Took me about 3 months, but I finally finished season 2 on Saturday as well lol what an awesome show. Can't wait for season 3.
                    Man, I'm still thinking about it ... so much good shit in there. The way they make you hate someone, and then sympathize for them, and then like them, and then hate them, etc. is just amazing.

And again, the guy that plays Homelander deserves every acting award that exists.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Man, I'm still thinking about it ... so much good shit in there. The way they make you hate someone, and then sympathize for them, and then like them, and then hate them, etc. is just amazing.

And again, the guy that plays Homelander deserves every acting award that exists.
                      He really is fantastic, plays that character perfectly. It took me a few episodes of season 1 to figure out who he was... I finally had to IMDB him. He starred in this HBO show that my wife used to watch, Banshee. That was a decent show from the epsiodes I caught. Lots of violence and the fight scenes are super long and intense. You might wanna give it a shot.

Comment

• I watched the final episode of the Mandalorian, season two last night and my reaction was: holy crap.

The season wasn't perfect but I feel overall they did a really good job and I like this series much more than the new trilogy of movies. It feels like the writers of this show have a deeper understanding of Star Wars. I'm not into comics but I did happen to read the Knights of the Old Republic series years ago. If you like The Mandalorian TV series then I think you'll enjoy that, it was really well done and features Mandalorians in a big way in parts.

Comment

• Started watching Cobra Kai ... and god damnit, the nostalgia is done sooo well.

Comment

• Anyone else watch WandaVision? Super weird
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I've been watching The Boys the past couple weeks and I'm almost done season two. I think its been great so far, a pretty fresh take on the Superhero genre and its probably been just as enjoyable for me as the Mandalorian was. I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I've been watching The Boys the past couple weeks and I'm almost done season two. I think its been great so far, a pretty fresh take on the Superhero genre and its probably been just as enjoyable for me as the Mandalorian was. I highly recommend it.
                                Coincidentally I started that up earlier this week.. I think I'm on episode 6 or 7 of the first season. It's a great show.

Wanted to wrap up The Expanse which finished it's 5th season the other night. Highly recommended if you are into science fiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X